Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 13:30

OOC Hate...

IAmJackBandit

• Emerald

QUESTION: Why is there OOC y

hate inside of a game, I mean its just a game why can't people just play it and enjoy it?

• Emerald

Could be if some guy keeps bieng annoying and all or some OOC stuff inside of a clan.

Things like that happen cause we are human afterall youknow.

This needs to be moved to questions if it is not a discussion.

OOC hate comes from IC encounters or when group to group talk over TS or the forums and they dissagree on something. Usually a report always causes OOC hate as no one keeps things IC, which people will never learn, it will always be like this.

Personally I don't have any OOC hate for anyone OOC, but IC my character hates a lot of people, that's how I like to keep it.

It is just a game but for example: COD, everyone gets annoyed and angry with each other if you kill someone, they will scream at you for not playing properly or something. It's the same with DayZRP really, just a different game.

Because ppl get mad when they loose gunfights and their gear. ALot of ppl playing this mod are "gearlovers" and they hate to loose it.

Iv seen this alot after a gunfight. Ppl jump into the TS either bloating about winning or being mad about loosing. Me personally dont see the point in OOC hate. Thats why i on purpose avoid specific ppl ingame and out of game, because i know they have a tendency to OOC hate and bad rp.

• Emerald

Unavoidable unless people can finally focus on differentiating between themselves and their characters.

Best thing you can do is turning the game/forums off and go have a cuppa tea. Calm down and just have a chat with people instead.

I like that....I also think a lot of people take this game too seriously...because at the end of the day, its still just a game, a media platform and its meant to stay that way...how can you hate someone ooc when you don't know the person behind the mask?

• Legend

As long as there is young men, weapons, fights and too high testosterone level, it will not end :)

• Legend

Best thing you can do is turning the game/forums off and go have a cuppa tea. Calm down and just have a chat with people instead.

This.

I don't have any OOC hate with anyone if anything I congratulate them if they won a firefight against us.

• MVP

As long as there is young men, weapons, fights and too high testosterone level, it will not end :)

Summed it up in one.

• Sapphire

There is going to be hate because its human nature. But the hate stems from many different factors. I don't think I hate anything in a game. I might dislike the way people poorly RP, and seem to be trolling on purpose to try to get you to say something that will allow them to shoot you.

As has been said, its easiest to just step away and do something else to unwind if it gets to be to much. Thats what I tend to do, either that or I just go on a country hike across Chernarus to gather supplies and interact as little as possible with groups of survivors.

• Sapphire

The only way I can develope OOC hate is if there is NO RP or TROLL/BAD RP.

BREAK MY IMMERSION WHY DONT YOU!

• Sapphire

Because people get butthurt

• MVP

hate inside of a game, I mean its just a game why can't people just play it and enjoy it?

You may as well ask why there are rules. Surely if we're all interested in roleplaying and if we would all get along, there would only be a need for a few guidelines, not a whole rulelist?

Gina, Gina, Gina. Are you saying females can't get irrationally angry? :P

• Emerald

People can also hate others for bieng offended fot things they do like i personnaly kidna hate when people roleplay asians incorrectly in an unrealistic childish obnoxious and blatantly racist way of 'fack you har har' (pretty mutch every asian i met who arnt dragonzu)

• Emerald

You may as well ask why there are rules. Surely if we're all interested in roleplaying and if we would all get along, there would only be a need for a few guidelines, not a whole rulelist?

Nothing to do with rules man, just that people should not let what happens in a game affect their actual lives, thats all I am saying

My ingame immersion is always broken when I get poked in a firefight. I cry in my sleep about it.

what lol

• MVP

Nothing to do with rules man, just that people should not let what happens in a game affect their actual lives, thats all I am saying

Yes, but to answer your question you would basically answer the OOC hate question too. A lot of the rules don't have to be broken at all if everyone was nice to each other and would have roleplay as their highest priority.