Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 18:53

Youtuber's Getting Banned!

Guest Crafty_

Guest Crafty_

Do youtubers get banned because they break the rules? Or people just do it for a laugh.

Psi, got banned for 'attempted rdm'. If it was attempted RDM, he would have almost killed the person.

• MVP

Erm, I don't think anyone gets banned for 'a laugh'. DayZRP staff take banning people very seriously. Regardless if you are a YouTuber or not you have to follow the rules.

• MVP

Do youtubers get banned because they break the rules? Or people just do it for a laugh.

Psi, got banned for 'attempted rdm'. If it was attempted RDM, he would have almost killed the person.

They get banned for the exact same reasons as everyone else.

Various staff look through the report and then discuss what they think the outcome should be and wether they deserve to be punished or not.

• MVP

Or people just do it for a laugh.

I can confirm this. Staff thinks it is hilarious to ban famous youtubers. Or... well, anyone, for that matter.

No, I'm not being serious.

What is this about anyway? To my knowledge PsiSyndicate has stopped playing here. It was a long time ago the last time he was banned.

Is it about the helicopter take-off report? I remember denying his appeal.

I do not however remember taking any pleasure in denying his appeal...

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-psisyndicate-ban-appeal here is the link. This is the last time he was involved in a report from what I remember. Take note though that he wasn't the only one that was banned for that incident. He also got half the normal punishment for attempted RDM. If that makes it any fairer in your eyes. :)

• Emerald

He got banned because he broke the rules and someone reported it. Making videos can make you money, but it doesn't make you better than anyone else.

• Emerald

They get treated the same as anyone else who plays the server.

who cares if hes famous youtuber or not, if he cant lift, he aint shit

-SNIPPED LIKE {CLEVER SIMILIE}-

To the OP.

Doesnt matter if he was a YouTuber or not, if he broke the rules, he broke the rules.

Also, Psi left this community of his own accord.

• MVP

Whats with the unnecessary comments? You're supposed to be a role model of the community (well at least what I think) yet you are throwing disrespect around.

It was a joke, Vespah. I don't lift either. Do you think naury seriously wanted to imply I "aint shit" either? Can hardly blame him for a little joke in a thread that doesn't really provoke any serious responses in the first place.

Whats with the unnecessary comments? You're supposed to be a role model of the community (well at least what I think) yet you are throwing disrespect around.

It was a joke, Vespah. I don't lift either. Do you think naury seriously wanted to imply I "aint shit" either? Can hardly blame him for a little joke in a thread that doesn't really provoke any serious responses in the first place.

I may have misread it. I shall withdraw my attack on Naury. ;)

• MVP

I don't think he is being disrespectful, what he means is if he (Psi) cannot follow the rules then he gets banned. I wouldn't take it so literal.

No he got banned like everyone else coz he broke a rule simple as, don't break rules don't get banned don't matter if you have 100,000 subs or not just how it works

Guest whitepointer

No matter how 'famous' you are, you will be treated like everyone else - no one is above the law.

(besides rolle, he is the law)

I don't understand the relevance of this question, as stated before - he had left this community long ago, plus that report/verdict had happened long before his departure.

'Youtubers' might make good and entertaining videos, however they still have to abide by the rules, just like everyone else.

PsiSyndicate had a stream a couple of nights ago that I watched when I couldn't get into S1 because of the traffic that came from it. If he got banned since then, it wasn't for "a laugh" and those who think that people get picked on just because it amuses the staff need to realize that, as many people have stated here before, your status in the internet or real world outside of the game has no bearing on the game if you break the rules.

So to answer your question, if he was banned for attempted RDM then he was banned for attempted RDM, not because someone in staff thought it would be funny to ban him for no reason.

/thread?

• MVP

I'll close this before it gets derailed and off-topic.

I'll repeat/confirm what some people in this thread already said : YouTubers or not, users are treated the same way as everyone else. Do not worry: they don't get "banned for no reasons" nor do they "avoid being banned because they are famous". They are like everyone else.

If anyone (YouTubers too) has a report against him/her, the said report will be looked into by the GM team and a verdict will be given based on the circumstances of the report.

If someone feels that a verdict made on himself/herself was unjustified, he/she can make a ban appeal that will be reviewed by different GMs (GMs that haven't taken part into the original verdict).

I hope this could clear the situation or any interrogation you might have.

/thread