Server time: 2017-08-17, 15:47

Sign in to follow this  
Voedric

Gas Masks

Voedric    28

What does the community think of people who use the gas mask voice changer?

I use one and i feel it makes for better roleplay seeing as you wouldn't really sound the same if you were wearing a gas mask.

What does the community think of people who use the gas mask voice changer?

I use one and i feel it makes for better roleplay seeing as you wouldn't really sound the same if you were wearing a gas mask.

Depends just how its tweaked to be honest i see a lot of people who sound more like a transformer than a person wearing a gas mask.

But yes if done correctly it does add to the roleplay but at the same time if done wrong can diminish it greatly.

***This coming from a person who uses one often

Guest Jackalow   
Guest Jackalow

I LIKE GAS MASKS, EVEN THOUGH I ASK EVERYONE I SEE WEARING ONE, I CALL THEM MELONS :P

Only because Valkerion called me one, when i had one on :(

Voodoo    356

I like it. Adds to roleplay on the server and abit of mystery to the person wearing it. but as Valkerion said has to be tweaked right

I LIKE GAS MASKS, EVEN THOUGH I ASK EVERYONE I SEE WEARING ONE, I CALL THEM MELONS :P

Only because Valkerion called me one, when i had one on :(

I think ul find if i called you anything it would be "Pleebian" melon is far too nice of a word for the likes of me....

Yours is perfect, although some people sound a bit too much like darth vader

MartinJ    1

Now that Juggs doesn't play here anymore (or does he) and it's just some people using it and not 50% of the entire server, AND their voice is tweaked right (i.e. an actual gas mask not Darth Vader style), it's fine.

Voedric    28

Aw stop it, you

4226d2e9ee8b3845265de41edd1ffda0.png

Guest Jackalow   
Guest Jackalow

oh:( you just ruined my day :'(

Aw stop it, you

4226d2e9ee8b3845265de41edd1ffda0.png

i-love-you-patrick-gif.gif

I don't really care as long as it is a good quality one.

kody311    3

Jugg's had the perfect setting for his voice changer! Some people don't have their setting's set right so sometimes they sound a little weird. Sometimes the voice changer messes up and doesn't go through into game so thats the only negative I can think of. But I really enjoy the when people use them!

Tomeran    3

Sure, why not? With the council gas attacks it makes a degree of sense to wear one.

Before that? I dono, could've made sense too I suppose but I think most people would've realized then that the virus isnt airborne.(and even if it was, that they're immune).

The problem with constant gas masks isnt really the voice changers, its more how unfeasible it is to walk around with one on a 24/7 basis. They use filters, and unless you have a cargoship full of them back at "home", then you probably only wanna use the gas mask in high risk situations. Play Metro for inspiration. :D (even if the filters there last way shorter then they should.)

And have you ever used one of those things? They're insanely uncomfortable to use. To use one as a standard head apparel? My character would go insane. :D

I cant argue that they look pretty cool though, but yeah.

Voedric    28

Sure, why not? With the council gas attacks it makes a degree of sense to wear one.

Before that? I dono, could've made sense too I suppose but I think most people would've realized then that the virus isnt airborne.(and even if it was, that they're immune).

The problem with constant gas masks isnt really the voice changers, its more how unfeasible it is to walk around with one on a 24/7 basis. They use filters, and unless you have a cargoship full of them back at "home", then you probably only wanna use the gas mask in high risk situations. Play Metro for inspiration. :D (even if the filters there last way shorter then they should.)

And have you ever used one of those things? They're insanely uncomfortable to use. To use one as a standard head apparel? My character would go insane. :D

I cant argue that they look pretty cool though, but yeah.

I walked around a convention wearing one for 8 hours, it is terrible.

My character wears one constantly for an rp reason i will not reveal yet :P

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Personally I dont like gas mask voice changers. Why? because gas masks dont make you sound robotic or like Darth Vader.

They only muffle your voice and make you sound slightly quieter (various on the gas mask).

Voedric    28

Personally I dont like gas mask voice changers. Why? because gas masks dont make you sound robotic or like Darth Vader.

They only muffle your voice and make you sound slightly quieter (various on the gas mask).

The one im using doesn't make me sound really robotic or like darth vader in my opinion.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

The one im using doesn't make me sound really robotic or like darth vader in my opinion.

It may not, I would have to hear it.

Though from my experiences on DayZRP everyone I have met that uses a voice changer to replicate the sound of a gas mask does it wrong.

Modern gas masks dont even change the sound of your voice much at all anyway, just makes you quieter. So unless you are wondering around with a mask from 1980's/90's it shouldn't sound too much different. If you were using an old gas mask it would be rather ineffective anyway due to its age.

Voedric    28

It may not, I would have to hear it.

Though from my experiences on DayZRP everyone I have met that uses a voice changer to replicate the sound of a gas mask does it wrong.

Modern gas masks dont even change the sound of your voice much at all anyway, just makes you quieter. So unless you are wondering around with a mask from 1980's/90's it shouldn't sound too much different. If you were using an old gas mask it would be rather ineffective anyway due to its age.

Well, it's the best people can do atm without wearing an actual gas mask while playing DayZ

Sin    113

If you wear a gas mask in game and use a voice modulator, I assume you're underage. Erry tiem.

If you wear a gas mask in game and use a voice modulator, I assume you're underage. Erry tiem.

pls sin im just self-conscience bout my voice :(

I have a right to use the voice changer. I always use my voice on my other characters, but Siorre got his vocal chords cut out... by the CLF(Sin laughs erry tiem). So I could use the voice changer without a gas mask, as it is in RP because I have a artificial voice modulator

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

This!

It doesn't even make people sound older, just makes them hard to understand :D