Server time: 2017-08-18, 05:06

Sign in to follow this  
Pestol

Helicopter dissappearing after restart

Question

So i was flying around in my black littlebird before this restart, about 20 min ago. I landed and logged out maybe 10 minutes before the restart. When i log back in, the Helicopter is not to be found.

It was landed in an open space, inside the map, it was a flat area. It may have beeen desync? As sometimes, when ive been playing on-foot i have been setbacked pretty far.

Anyone know why this happend, and if its possible to get the helicopter back somehow?

11 answers to this question

kody311    3

Someone could have took it? Which is against the rules. How long did it take you to log in?

Voodoo    357

I'd imagine you were unlucky and someone was in the area around the time you landed giving them 10 minutes to move the thing.

It could also be you were unlucky and the server has made the heli dissapear. I don't think there will be any way to know and I don't think you'll be able to get it replaced

Someone could have took it? Which is against the rules. How long did it take you to log in?

I doubt anyone took it. They had possibly 7 minutes to get to my heli before restart, and fly away. I was far out on the West-side of the map aswell.

Also when i logged in after restart there was nobody but me online.

Did you land it past the debug line?

It was withing the map borders, yes.

Jamesy    0

Did you land it past the debug line?

It was withing the map borders, yes.

Hm, I've not seen this before. I guess, it could've went back to its original spawn. If it was the Huey, I'm pretty sure it's spawn is Stary. So, if you wanted back you could always try and get it. Then again, as everyone's been saying, someone may have just been lucky and found it quickly or logged out at the same place?

Okey, so i drove around to all 3 locations i landed the heli during that restart and it was not there. I checked the spawnpoint aswell, nothing.

So i think the server thought the heli was in the air at restart and it probably spawned in the air and blew up when the server started up again.

Really annoying, but thats how it is.

Pyrah    1

There was an issue on S2 recently that made all the vehicles disappear after restart (even stashes to). It wasn't till the next restart everything spawned back in, so it might be worth checking the original place you left it after the next restart (or now depending on when you put this up etc).

TrilbyAsh    6

There was an issue on S2 recently that made all the vehicles disappear after restart (even stashes to). It wasn't till the next restart everything spawned back in, so it might be worth checking the original place you left it after the next restart (or now depending on when you put this up etc).

Pretty much, chap, this is the only chance you've got of you retrieving your Heli. If this isn't the case, then either the server ate it, or someone was lucky enough to be in the area to steal it after you landed. One good tip of mine is to land your heli before restart, and stay online, maybe in the treeline or something, and wait until the 1 minute warning comes up. By then, no-one can steal your heli in that time, so that's when I log out. Sorry about this chap, best bet is to check the spawn-point again. Doesn't always spawn after the first restart.

Nihoolious    1096

This actually happened to me back when the servers were a laggy mess. I had landed an MI-17 in Cherno, lootes until restart and when I was thr first to get in the chopper was gone. Not exactly sure why it happened to you though. Maybe you didn't save it?