Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:21
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
LuckyLeo07

In game radios

LuckyLeo07    0

so while standalone has got a long way to go, I got my hands on a radio for the first time today in sa, and tested out some of its features with a friend. Now the means may not yet be possible but what if we made it against the rules, to use ts as a means of "radio" communications in game, and used the radios provided in game instead. Im not saying you cannot communicate with your pals across map, using text,or even chat, but say the transfer of kos rights, or other tactically important info can only be done via the in game radio. Just a thought at the moment, I don't see it being considered for the longest time, because the only way to make it works would be for fresh spawns to spawn with a radio. but the great rp possibility is still there. that and the radio needs a huge range boost.

Kravock    1

We don't have any control over standalone servers yet as there aren't any private hives so we can't do anything like this yet.

Firstly, radios are usless due to fucked up von. I can't hear what my friends say, even when he speaks loudly. I suggest right now, to don't even think about changing radio from TS on any other, as long, as admins won't be able to modify server.

Daexarayan    0

I believe this has been spoken about several times, to include alternative communication methods. It's nearly impossible if not completely, to monitor who is using or NOT using teamspeak... Because something invasive needs to be done to monitor who is/isn't using it. Or is/isn't using the ingame radio only. Some clans use their own TS, vent etc... So people don't know if they are on DAYZRP TS... Or they prefer their own programs.

There will ALWAYS be a way to beat the system, people will try to find a way as they do now in so many aspects.

Using the radio is like using ACRE or other programs that are standalone from Teamspeak, that only allow channel speak on specific radio frequencies. Not all programs act properly for people, I for the life of me can never get ACRE and many other programs to work properly and also will not allow something to hinder my gameplay just for the sake of "adding" something extra.

Personally, I would never allow a 3rd party program to monitor anything on my computer.

TrilbyAsh    6

-Snip-

Good arguement, but there's ways and means of monitoring who is and isn't using a Transceiver. When we have control over the servers and what not, it could be possible to implement a rule where if you want to try and get help from your buddies when you're getting robbed / about to be, you have to use a transceiver. And with similar other situations and whatnot. It'd be realistic, and certainly wouldn't cause a swarm of reinforcements to appear out of seemingly thin air.

Guest Mike Golf   
Guest Mike Golf

And also, in-game radios only go as far as 1 km wich is a bit short in my opinion.

They will more than likely add in longer ranged radios in the future. Also, beware for signal obstructions such as hills. If you're broadcasting always try and get to a clear, elevated position beforehand.

LuckyLeo07    0

Im not saying the system can be implemented now, but what I am saying is when you use a radio you have to speak. the current situation on regular rp is people use ts, so someone standing there silently while you rob them, is actually giving away every single detail they can, before you ask or frisk them for a radio. It would add a bit more realism that I believe is needed, im not saying you cant be on ts with your friends, but something like the transfer of kos rights could only be done using the in game system (if it is improved) Which does not require any 3rd party monitoring.

Krackerman    17

The state of the in game VOIP is awful imho - it's an RP breaker when you're standing next to someone and can't make out a fecking word they are saying. Sure TS breaks RP a bit but at least you can talk and without communication then where's the RP?

LuckyLeo07    0

Im not saying it is useable in its current state, only that in the future if the ability exists we should move towards it.

Guest Mike Golf   
Guest Mike Golf

The state of the in game VOIP is awful imho - it's an RP breaker when you're standing next to someone and can't make out a fecking word they are saying. Sure TS breaks RP a bit but at least you can talk and without communication then where's the RP?

That's why we always sit in TS and RP in game with text, it's not ideal but yanno.