Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:49

Sign in to follow this  
Guest magw33d

Private Forum

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I'm suggesting a private forum for the SA community to discuss in-game arrangements on. This forum should be viewable only to whitelisted members of the forum.

This will prevent obvious people from griefing roleplayers and specifically targeting those who do not want to be KoSed.

The new safezone will only last as long as it takes for someone to read on the forums where it is.

I know this will prevent outsiders who want to roleplay from interacting and finding our community directly, but the whitelist would be in place anyway if Rolle could lock and admin the server.

Been calling for this as well for a while.

I don't know why this has been published publicly on the forums. Unfortunately there are those within or outside of this community who will use this information to troll. It would have been worth spreading the information in-game and through private messages to those who are trustworthy.

The previous safezones have become death traps for this very reason and this will be no exception. It seems so far that a select few perma-banned members have enjoyed this and will continue to do so while the information has been freely made available to them on the forums. I understand why you want to make it public but other people will go out of their way to deceive, troll and take advantage of the good nature of this community.

This.

Perhaps get an admin to make a private forum for SA in which you can share the location to trusted people by giving them the password. Either in-game or via PMs.

Great points though Mag.

Been calling for this as well for a while.

I don't know why this has been published publicly on the forums. Unfortunately there are those within or outside of this community who will use this information to troll. It would have been worth spreading the information in-game and through private messages to those who are trustworthy.

The previous safezones have become death traps for this very reason and this will be no exception. It seems so far that a select few perma-banned members have enjoyed this and will continue to do so while the information has been freely made available to them on the forums. I understand why you want to make it public but other people will go out of their way to deceive, troll and take advantage of the good nature of this community.

This.

Perhaps get an admin to make a private forum for SA in which you can share the location to trusted people by giving them the password. Either in-game or via PMs.

Dunno about the idea with the password.

Pretty sure people who aren't permabanned still have contact with permabanned players, and could easily share the password to them.

Just one glitch in the system, and the 'protected' sub-forum is comprimised.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Pretty sure people who aren't permabanned still have contact with permabanned players, and could easily share the password to them.

Well, you can't prevent that either way.

True. The only way I can see it working effectively for a while is for people to share the password organically in-game. For example, Sin can give the guys that have been trying to arrange places to meet up the password. They then share this password with people they meet and then those people have access to it and the community grows.

Just an idea but of course it has its faults too.

Whitelisting still has its risks also. All we can do is minimize it.

Well, you can't prevent that either way.

I think whitelist would be supple though. + there's a bunch of people who would be interested in this. Asking around for PW wouldn't be very supple

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

This seems like a good idea, but there needs to be an alternative for the whitelist application as those of us without the ArmA II DayZ Mod cannot fill out a whitelist form as it requires ArmA II information not available in the SA. If the whitelist form were updated for the SA or a separate process were created I would be all for it. :)

True. The only way I can see it working effectively for a while is for people to share the password organically in-game. For example, Sin can give the guys that have been trying to arrange places to meet up the password. They then share this password with people they meet and then those people have access to it and the community grows.

Just an idea but of course it has its faults too.

Whitelisting still has its risks also. All we can do is minimize it.

I didn't think of the idea that the primary organziners could spread the password to trustworthy and serious people.

+1 for that

Would be good, I think.

This seems like a good idea, but there needs to be an alternative for the whitelist application as those of us without the ArmA II DayZ Mod cannot fill out a whitelist form as it requires ArmA II information not available in the SA. If the whitelist form were updated for the SA or a separate process were created I would be all for it. :)

Well, when you signed up here you knew that DayZRP standalone wasn't coming for months to come.

So, I don't think any unwhitelisted member should be given the password. That wouldn't be wise either.

Nothing aimed towards you. You might be a excellent roleplayer. I don't know.

Monty    0

This, some of use currently cannot get whitelisted in its current form because we have never played the mod version of DayZ. So it does risk alienating some of us, but in principle I agree with this idea if there was a way to include genuine roleplayers who are not white listed.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

@Olledabest - That is true and I understand it, but if we are moving in the direction of establishing role-player priority on the SA server then would it not be beneficial to find a means of incorporating new players? Every day seems to bring in a flux of newbies which will surely help the community grow, but I can easily understand how some would feel very isolated and pushed away if a system were not incorporated to include them. I realize that the final goal is much further down the line, but small steps can help us get there. :)

Bear in mind that we can use the forum to announce changes in the password, radio frequencies to listen out to and locations.

Everything can be changed based on interaction in the game if we get a private forum.

No need to alienate new players. We can focus on whitelisting when the server tools are released, whenever that may be.

Brankor    0

Hi,

just a few thoughts from my point of view. As some of you mentioned before, it is indeed a challange for new players - as me for example - to get whitelisted. I´m working on it, but some questions are linked to the mod I think.

I came to DayZ by an article and than I found this community by checking the server list for "RP" servers and joined a dayzrp server, had good experience and finally found this webside and decided to stay and join. If there had been an PW or no chance to join, I never had made the steps that I mentioned before.

So of course there is a risk, but to encourage new players and to keep a community alive, I think it is the better way not to choose total isolation. It is of course a risk, but still an advantage.

And for me it would be a great disappointment, If I were not able to join the server again, due to a PW implementation, I would have no access to it in the case I´m not whitelisted.

So my rational appeal: Please give new members a chance and the possibility to match any requirement that may be implemented or set as a precondition to access.

Just my thoughts

MfG Brankor

PS: I hope you can understand my message, but it is still difficult for me due to the fact english is not my first language.

Murdercool    32

+1 For this! Great idea!

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

I agree completely with Brankor. :) An alternative application of some sort should be put in place for people unable to access the ArmA II DayZ Mod.

Guest Jackalow   
Guest Jackalow

+1+1+1+1+1=5 I LIKE

+1 from me sounds like it would filter a lot of members not from the community

Samdo123    0

I really enjoy this idea. Even with all the possible glitches in the system.

+1

EpicRaptor    0

+1

What glitches?

Samdo123    0

+1

What glitches?

The fact that it is used to keep out people who refuse to RP. But an RP player could easily give the password to a troll or someone who just refuses to RP and is looking for a place to get easy kills.

Nihoolious    1092

+1

What glitches?

The fact that it is used to keep out people who refuse to RP. But an RP player could easily give the password to a troll or someone who just refuses to RP and is looking for a place to get easy kills.

Well there really ins't much you can do about that without proper server control like whitelisting and shit. Hopefully people aren't that much of a prick to do that.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Well that's just shit luck if it happens.

At least it will give SOME level of protection for RP sanctuaries.