Siorre

Allowing Cults Back Into DayZRP

Should Cults Be Allowed Back?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cults Be Allowed Back?

• Yes
    • No(explain)

Siorre    0

As all of you may know, we have had a few Cults that worship the devil or some other type of God. I also think that cults were banned because it messed up with peoples stories. But why shouldn't there be a Cult? It would add amazing RP and allow different characters to be brought up in the world. Here are some pros and cons

PROS

\

Adds more RP into the game.

Allows for people to experience a real life apocalypse as there would be cults in the apocalypse.

Also adds an atmosphere to the mod.

CONS

May make Cults force RP onto some people

May cause too much kinky stuff, mass suicide, Sacrifices, etc.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

I think they should come back, they might have to be monitored but it's such a great addon for the roleplay.

I would like to join one :)

Some cults were banned. Others were not.

Cults per se are not banned but certainly some people taking part in those cults went a bit far :D

May cause too much kinky stuff

Never stopped it before. ;)

Murdercool    29

I love the idea of cults and see nothing wrong with them at all. Some things that are taboo shouldn't be taboo like this. Obviously sexual role-play and rape role-play should never be allowed. Things like homicidal maniacs, cults and cannibals seem fine in my opinion. It's the staff's decisions so there's not much we can do I guess.

Siorre    0

Yes, as you all say. There should not be thing like sexual RP where Cults can do that. We should make it where, Hmmm, Think back to APU, they believed in bloodbane, who thought was the creator of the infection to purge. and SoS, they believed the devil caused this.

Burgz    6

I reckon it could lead to some great roleplay if it's done correctly!

I think cannibals could also work if I'm totally honest.

As long as they don't break the rules (No racism, sexism, etc.), why not?

FireMatt    1

I don't see a problem with cults if they're RP'd well. What I wouldn't like to see is people going about in a cult and sacrificing people left, right and center, all because the thing they worship demands it.

Most people won't be too happy perma-deathing characters just to fit in with the cults RP.

Siorre    0

Hopefully we get Rolle's response on this. I would love to see cults again, and i would love to recreate APU :P

Gritteh    0

No but if there was an admin-run selection process that was very strict, then maybe :/ just a bit of a fuzzy area I think

Siorre    0

No but if there was an admin-run selection process that was very strict, then maybe :/ just a bit of a fuzzy area I think

Please explain? Cults would add more RP? And it';s not like someones gonna make a cult where people are sacrificed left and right

Valkerion    0

Please explain? Cults would add more RP? And it';s not like someones gonna make a cult where people are sacrificed left and right

I think he means a process similar to what the groups/clans have to go through

Rifleman    14

So long as the cult itself is monitored and controlled to some extent, I don't see a problem with cults so long as they don't break the rules.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

+1

Just don't break the rules and any kind of clan should be able to be accepted

Gritteh    0

What valkerion said. You need an application process for any kind of group, it's naive to say people aren't going to sacrifice left and right. Wait.. Why can't you just make a group that's cult-like?

DinoB    20

Who doesn't love bloodbane?

I am bloodbane :(

Un-blooded [uB]

UB.John Booker

UB.Siorre Wiltshire

UB.Smat

UB.Andy 'Darath' McAleese

UB.Martin Casey

Can't really say you're "bloodbane", since you were the lowest possible rank in the OG APU.

As for the thread, I have no problem with cults, but it could bring a lot of trolling. I'd rather have cannibals.

Mush    2

I think random cults would good and create more immersion, whether they're random cults are actual Groups. They'd be interesting. +1.

Rolle    2955

Your arguments are funny :)

Adds more RP to the game? Not really something special or unique, every new player joining the game, whether he plays a special forces soldier or a homeless hobo adds more RP to the game. We all do, regardless if we're in a cult or not.

Allows for people to experience a real life apocalypse as there would be cults in the apocalypse? I'm not really sure. In a country like Chernarus where most of the inhabitants are orthodox Christians (see churches) I seriously doubt there would be any kind of sects or cults. Notice I'm just assuming, not claiming like you :)

Also adds an atmosphere to the mod. Not really the atmosphere we want though. This isn't a psychological horror game, but a survival one. Zombies don't really have anything to do with the religion, devil, or other fancy cult interests. If we'd need to add more atmosphere to the mod it would preferable be something connected to the zombies or a survival aspect of the game itself.

Cults - as you say - have a tendency to force 'kinky stuff' RP on people in the name of god or whatever they believe in, something that allows them to grief players in a way not even bandits are allowed to do - you always need a proper reason. Having that reason always there for you because of the cults background or 'goal' can easily lead to godmodding.

So, a no from me ;)

Siorre    0

Adds more RP to the game? Not really something special or unique, every new player joining the game, whether he plays a special forces soldier or a homeless hobo adds more RP to the game. We all do, regardless if we're in a cult or not.

Allows for people to experience a real life apocalypse as there would be cults in the apocalypse? I'm not really sure. In a country like Chernarus where most of the inhabitants are orthodox Christians (see churches) I seriously doubt there would be any kind of sects or cults. Notice I'm just assuming, not claiming like you :)

Also adds an atmosphere to the mod. Not really the atmosphere we want though. This isn't a psychological horror game, but a survival one. Zombies don't really have anything to do with the religion, devil, or other fancy cult interests. If we'd need to add more atmosphere to the mod it would preferable be something connected to the zombies or a survival aspect of the game itself.

Cults - as you say - have a tendency to force 'kinky stuff' RP on people in the name of god or whatever they believe in, something that allows them to grief players in a way not even bandits are allowed to do - you always need a proper reason. Having that reason always there for you because of the cults background or 'goal' can easily lead to godmodding.

So, a no from me ;)

and then it's a no for it to be reinstated for the mod. :(

lemonade319    31

So, a no from me ;)

I also find your arguments quite the laugh.

Your first paragraph I agree with, but the others I don't.

It's true that there would not defiantly be cults, but just because the majority of people in Chernarus may be Orthodox Christians does not mean people wont form cults, cults can form anywhere, there is nothing to say cults wont be made in Chernarus, that a rather silly idea.

People in times like DayZ of a zombie apocalypse, can become crazy, meaning some may come to somewhat praise or see the infected as deity's, or form cults about something else, there's nothing to say they wouldn't, also I don't see anything wrong with a bit of horror, it gives survivors something to fear, something to talk about which leads to even more RP.

If they do kinky stuff which breaks rules, they will get reported and banned, I don't see why this is an issue, it is the same as any other clan idea, if they take it too far, they get banned

Carved_    7

Well. The Religios Mass Suicide I witnessed IC wasn't that much an experience.

"We are the Servents of Satan, HAIL SATAN"

*you hear all cars parked in front of the Ravens nest drive off.*

sry. but it never went really good with cults and stuff.

It causes as you said to much kinky shit having in mind its not offering to much rp...

Siorre    0

Who doesn't love bloodbane?

I am bloodbane :(

Un-blooded [uB]

UB.John Booker

UB.Siorre Wiltshire

UB.Smat

UB.Andy 'Darath' McAleese

UB.Martin Casey

Can't really say you're "bloodbane", since you were the lowest possible rank in the OG APU.

As for the thread, I have no problem with cults, but it could bring a lot of trolling. I'd rather have cannibals.

I am BloodBane Now biatch :P And forever shall be ;)

lemonade319    31

Well. The Religios Mass Suicide I witnessed IC wasn't that much an experience.

"We are the Servents of Satan, HAIL SATAN"

*you hear all cars parked in front of the Ravens nest drive off.*

sry. but it never went really good with cults and stuff.

It causes as you said to much kinky shit having in mind its not offering to much rp...

Just because a few people take a cult too far, does not mean others should be stopped from doing it, if a cult clan is made and they take it too far, report them, same with communist and fascist clans.