Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:51

Sign in to follow this  
Burgz

Your opinions

Burgz    6

So I was thinking about maybe making some sort of thread where we could remember those that have been cruely taken from us. It would consist of simply the date that your loved one etc passed away and maybe a few words. I would update the OP with your post.

I don't know what others would think of this or if they'd want to because its private information, but I think it would be nice to have a place on the forums like that you know? Maybe I'm crazy, you could even link a song that reminds you of this loved one.

Discuss below, maybe its a stupid idea, maybe you want it?

Who knows?

Pyrah    1

Hhhmmm a tricky one as it is "Morbid" but may help others to share.

I however am a private person so I'd never use such a thing but I've seen it on FB and twitter and people like to share their intimate lives.

So people here may use the forum to escape "real life" but there are others who look for advice. I mean there's been threads to help people through difficult times and it's great to see others respond so positively towards them.

I'd say it wouldn't hurt as long as it's done tastefully.

Terra    1374

It is maybe only my opinion, but if someone wants to share this kind of private Information then I´m ok with it. But if this thread turns into something "bad" or people make fun of each other, I will close this.

I also take this to off topic.

MartinJ    1

I think things like that should stay out of forums and internet communities in general, no matter how close that community is or seems to be. Just like discussions about religion, sexuality etc. Just my two cents.

Burgz    6

It is maybe only my opinion, but if someone wants to share this kind of private Information then I´m ok with it. But if this thread turns into something "bad" or people make fun of each other, I will close this.

I also take this to off topic.

Of course. I wouldn't expect the community to be like that though.

Rolle    2474

I think things like that should stay out of forums and internet communities in general, no matter how close that community is or seems to be. Just like discussions about religion, sexuality etc. Just my two cents.

My thoughts as well.

Terra    1374

My thoughts as well.

That´s what I think too.

My thoughts as well.

That´s what I think too.

I like chocolate, right?

Edit: Too tired, wrong thread. Bed time!

My thoughts as well.

That´s what I think too.

I disagree, I like to discuss those kinda things online. I mean, these people don't know anything about you. You're behind a username. It can help you build confidence in talking about it, too.

Although, it is the internet. So those kind of things are there for everyone to see, I still get questions about a coming out post I made in the "lets talk about it" thread months ago. So it works both ways.

My thoughts as well.

That´s what I think too.

I disagree, I like to discuss those kinda things online. I mean, these people don't know anything about you. You're behind a username. It can help you build confidence in talking about it, too.

Yes, but this is not the place for it. There are other communities for that, or you can talk privately to the friends you've made here.

Terra    1374

Although, it is the internet. So those kind of things are there for everyone to see, I still get questions about a coming out post I made in the "lets talk about it" thread months ago. So it works both ways.

As I said, I dont mind if people want to share such private things as long as they respect each other and dont start to laugh at each other or make fun of it.

It´s a big Topic and I bet we have alot of people who lost someone very important in their life. If such a thread is going to be happen, it has to be very respectfull.

I can see your points, as it is easy to hide behind the monitor. But as easy it is to share private things like this, as easy is it to make fun of it, just because you are behind the monitor, if you know what I mean.

I can see your points, as it is easy to hide behind the monitor. But as easy it is to share private things like this, as easy is it to make fun of it, just because you are behind the monitor, if you know what I mean.

That's very true, actually. I suppose it really does work both ways. I suppose PMs are always safer. You always have dicks.

Burgz    6

Well then, as nobody seems to,'Pro-Rememberance Thread' you might as well delete this from existence, thanks anyway :P

Let me guess, You got the idea from what happened to me? haha.

2/25/14- the day I lost my 10 year old sister. The one who is now my guardian angel till the day i die..