Server time: 2017-08-21, 18:02

Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Standalone - Gear missing

Question

Monty    0

So when I logged on this morning I noticed pretty much all of my equipment minus my shirt and gun were missing. My backpack (and all its contents), trousers and boots and flashlight had gone! Just so I know I'm not being stupid but can people rob you ala Rust when you are logged off the server?

10 answers to this question

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

No, when you log off the server, your body is not viewable to anyone else, it's as if your body has been teleported away when you log off and then when you log on again, it returns, that's how I think of it.

This could just be a bug at the moment, not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not.

Your body remains on the server, either staying still or doing your last action, for 30 seconds. They cannot rob you during this period but you can be killed or die from other means.

Prolly just a bug though.

When was the last time you logged in to the server as it could have been due to a new hotfix or are you on the experimental build?

Kravock    1

Pandi is right, your body logs off with you. It stays for around 30 seconds after you logout to prevent combat loggers, but after that 30 seconds it is gone.

The game is in alpha and these bugs are bound to happen. I've had this happen to me several time, we just need to deal with it until the game get's into a more stable state.

We don't have any control over the standalone server, only the ability to restart it. We are waiting for private hives to be released and then we can start the DayZRP mod on Standalone.

Monty    0

Okay guys, cheers for the heads up. I was just shocked to see most of my gear gone, pretty eaten up over loosing those TTsKO pants. :( Oh well! It must be a bug because on the loading screen my avatar showed that he had all his gear. :(

Something seriously dodgy going on now, I've just loaded in and my character has respawned completely! >:(

Voodoo    366

I'd imagine its a bug from a latest patch. The last patch made my character rollback to the coast when I logged out at zelenagorsk.

Its to be expected in Alpha stage

Monty    0

I have solved the mystery! It appears that they have implemented a feature where your gear on one server does not transfer on to another. In order to combat people logged from one server to another?

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Marking as solved as you found the reason behind this sorcery. ;)

Oh I forgot, I have one question for you, did you switch to another server different to the one you originally played on, then you found out your gear was gone?

I have solved the mystery! It appears that they have implemented a feature where your gear on one server does not transfer on to another. In order to combat people logged from one server to another?

It may be a different host or one that is operating different settings than your other one. Its not really a private hive but a semi private one.

You should be able to join other vanilla servers.

Or are you trying to join a server running the experimental build?

If you had the clothes that you had before and the backpack as well and everything was just empty than that is one of the bugs from the new update.

One of my friends had this happen to him as well, normally you just need to relog and the gear should be back.

If relogging doesn't fix the problem then I don't have any other solutions either...

Monty    0

Unfortunately relogging didn't work, but i have managed to scavenge most of the food and ammo I had lost. Just searching for a new pair of camo pants! ;)