Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  

Whitelist Application sent back

So I have been having new players getting denied in the whitelist application and they either don't create or lose their backup application. What I am proposing, is when they submit their application, they will automatically receive a private message of their application they just sent in. This will make things easier.

Slute    1

If its possible to program or develop or whatever, I agree.

Wouldn't this have already been done if there wasn't a reason for it not being here though?

Khardia    0

Newcomers get noticed to save their application somewhere. If they don't do it, it's their own business: they are told to make a backup of it.

Also, the amount of players that would simply never read their app again (because they won't bother trying to send in an application again) is really high.

Nonetheless, it isn't a bad idea, of course. Though, I don't see the real need for this to be implemented.

Newcomers get noticed to save their application somewhere. If they don't do it, it's their own business: they are told to make a backup of it.

Also, the amount of players that would simply never read their app again (because they won't bother trying to send in an application again) is really high.

Nonetheless, it isn't a bad idea, of course. Though, I don't see the real need for this to be implemented.

Because we are already whitelisted :troll:

Khardia    0

Because we are already whitelisted :troll:

Not sure what you mean, but I mentionned "newcomers" at the beginning of my post. And everything is addressed to them :P

About the "need for this to be implemented", newcomers can save their app and are being told to do so, hence why I don't see it necessary.

Guest Jackalow   
Guest Jackalow

ill give him a cookie

Toorrik    4

Someone give this man/woman a medal! :D

afaik Arcus has a penis. Last time I checked he did.

Someone give this man/woman a medal! :D

afaik Arcus has a penis. Last time I checked he did.

You what?

yup, that's what I did :D

dem peeps need to just do what is stated, otherwise the blame is on them.

if it isn't to much work +1

But just saving your application in a word document would be faster en more functional without extra work for the devs.

Dragan    11

So I have been having new players getting denied in the whitelist application and they either don't create or lose their backup application. What I am proposing, is when they submit their application, they will automatically receive a private message of their application they just sent in. This will make things easier.

i like the idea!

kody311    3

I do like the idea of having a backup app sent back. I don't recall seeing a message that I should save my app when I submit it. But it was probably there ha but this would help for people to revise it and resubmit it!

Sin    114

It would be simple to do, but it's simpler and more efficient to do nothing.

As it stands, backing up your whitelist app is part of the battery of tests you have to pass. Specifically, it tests your ability to patiently read and comprehend the instructions given to you, and your ability to follow through on those instructions.

Cold and cruel? Perhaps. Deal with it.

I don't mind being a hero to the occasional person who comes into IRC or PMs me with a request, but I absolutely reserve the right to deny such requests, and I'll be the last to ask a dev to write the code necessary to automate such an email; but if one wants to do it of his own free will, I won't stand in the way of its implementation, either.

Owen    13

I like the idea of this. But as said before you always keep a back up. But this wouldn't hurt though.

+1

Samdo123    0

I think this is a good idea. And I really dont see any flaws (major or minor in the system)

+1