Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:40

Sign in to follow this  
Oldman

birds

Oldman    22

The 80 players made some people spawn in as birds. 80 is maybe a bit to much?

Burgz    6

Is it actually confirmed that the excess in players has caused this or...?

Semiazas    0

A tad, yeah. Evidently a lot of people are running into an assortment of issues related to the server load. Developers are working on it though, I'm sure they will figure something out.

Oldman    22

no, but...

Before the 80 player limit I never had an issue loading in. Since the change though, I have spawned in as a bird and can't get online.

LumberJack    18

#CrowRP

CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER. I WANT YOU TO DROP ALL THE WORMS YOU GOT AND PUT YOUR CLAWS IN THE AIR. CAW CAW!

Mush    2

Yes, the developers know.

The 80 slots were put on because some issues had been cleared up and we could finally support the 80 players.

Now obviously, the servers will be under a lot more strain now than ever. Sometimes the server cannot keep up and things will brake, therefore causing bugs and glitches in the system, such as this.

The staff know about it, all you need to do now is be patient when it comes to this. Try re-logging, shutting down and restarting ArmA, etc.

This thread may help you.

Yeah I think just about everyone is having the same issue from what I can see. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past raising the player cap has always caused issues. I don't see why any of this is coming as a surprise.

Well, I always spawn in as a bird (in takistan life) is when I press 'spacebar' or 'enter' while receiving.

Maybe that is what causing it here as well, because when pressing it it gets you out of the lobby slot, which means tahat the server can't load your loadout and some complicated stuff I don't know. But then you spawn in as a bird :).

Oldman    22

Before the 80 player limit I never had an issue loading in. Since the change though, I have spawned in as a bird and can't get online.

See, Burgz not so hard to think that right.

The 80 slots were put on because some issues had been cleared up and we could finally support the 80 players.

Now obviously, the servers will be under a lot more strain now than ever. Sometimes the server cannot keep up and things will brake, therefore causing bugs and glitches in the system, such as this.

The staff know about it, all you need to do now is be patient when it comes to this. Try re-logging, shutting down and restarting ArmA, etc.

Ok, next time I poke all staff to make sure the know about it.

And I poke Pandi twice.

Mush    2

Ok, next time I poke all staff to make sure the know about it.

And I poke Pandi twice.

No need for that, they already know that it is a problem.

It'll be dealt with in due time. Patience, Old Man :)

#pokepandiifyouneedhelp

Tomeran    3

Yes. After my conversation with Rolle on the matter, he said the login issue is an old problem that has existed on dayZ for ages.

The issue seems to appear when too many people are trying to log on at the same time. This was particurly evident during the Osprey event.

We increased the slots to 80 because of a "cleanup" of sorts that showed that it was actually possible to run a server on 80 slots without significant FPS drops for people. We coupled this with an intended fix for the login issue, but so far that fix does not seem to have been efficent enough. We're working on that right now, but if it is not resolved then we may need to lower the slots. You're gonna have to ask Rolle for the details on that however, I just figured I'd update you on this with what I know.

Meanwhile, logging back to the lobby and changing your player slot may help resolve the issue(at least tempoarily). I cannot guarantee this works for everyone, but it has proven to help in some cases at least.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

And I poke Pandi twice.

#pokepandiifyouneedhelp

#PandiTopNotchLad

Mush    2

And I poke Pandi twice.

#pokepandiifyouneedhelp

#PandiTopNotchLad

job-well-done-whipe-hands-with-a-smile.gif

Dottastic    0

When i started playing epoch a while ago, the first time everyone turned into birds, we had some good bird RP going, it was actually pretty good. I guess were going to need rules on Bird RP ;)

Guest MARTiN   
Guest MARTiN

My dream has always been to be a bird and RP

Heres a quick guide for Redtail hawks, my future clan for bird-RP

Redtail hawks have a distinct cry that is often described as similar to a steam whistle and is used mostly while hunting and it's volume get noticeably bigger when it uses it to express annoyance or anger.

Redtail hawks are normally calm hawks unless provoked and are

often rather shy.

In flight the Red tail hawk prefers to soar instead of flap. This is used to conserve energy. While soaring or flapping the redtail hawk can obatain speed up to 4o miles per hour and while diving up to 130 miles per hour.

Maturing

Immature birds can be readily identified at close range by their yellowish irises. As the bird attains full maturity over the course of 3–4 years, the iris slowly darkens into a reddish-brown hue. In both the light and dark morphs, the tail of the immature Red-tailed Hawk are patterned with numerous darker bars.

Redtail hawks often mate around 2 years of age and will not take another mate until it's previous one is dead. After mating the Redtail hawk will often build a nest on a cliff or on a tree top.

Incomplete though your free to use the information I already have.

~Hawk out.

Dottastic    0

My dream has always been to be a bird and RP

Heres a quick guide for Redtail hawks, my future clan for bird-RP

Redtail hawks have a distinct cry that is often described as similar to a steam whistle and is used mostly while hunting and it's volume get noticeably bigger when it uses it to express annoyance or anger.

Redtail hawks are normally calm hawks unless provoked and are

often rather shy.

In flight the Red tail hawk prefers to soar instead of flap. This is used to conserve energy. While soaring or flapping the redtail hawk can obatain speed up to 4o miles per hour and while diving up to 130 miles per hour.

Maturing

Immature birds can be readily identified at close range by their yellowish irises. As the bird attains full maturity over the course of 3–4 years, the iris slowly darkens into a reddish-brown hue. In both the light and dark morphs, the tail of the immature Red-tailed Hawk are patterned with numerous darker bars.

Redtail hawks often mate around 2 years of age and will not take another mate until it's previous one is dead. After mating the Redtail hawk will often build a nest on a cliff or on a tree top.

Incomplete though your free to use the information I already have.

~Hawk out.

I want in pls