Server time: 2018-12-19, 06:34
Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

Attention: Parking Helicopters

We put it in the most out of the way spot and still, people managed to find it.

There you go. Don't hide it out of the way then. That is where people look first.

Often times I've wanted to hide choppers in the middle of an un-traveled city. Just out of curiosity.

Guest MARTiN

its always a way to get the heli on the roof, i remember when Jamie parked a heli on a roof, i went on about 10 minutes trying to find a way through the wall, and i found it, scrolled all the time and something popped up "get in as pilot".

But yes, shooting and throwing grenades at helicopters is a little bit more fun cause it dosnt end good with helicopters...

#force1stpersoninheli

No, it is not an exploit to land or park a helicopter on roofs or towers. However, keep in mind that server restarts often destroy helicopters parked there if they are not positioned properly.

Additionally, it is an exploit to build staircases out of fireplaces or any other non-legit ways to climb the tower or roof.

Would this apply in this case?

No, it is not an exploit to land or park a helicopter on roofs or towers. However, keep in mind that server restarts often destroy helicopters parked there if they are not positioned properly.

Additionally, it is an exploit to build staircases out of fireplaces or any other non-legit ways to climb the tower or roof.

So it isnt an exploit?

In real life there is flat roofs where you cant acces, and i would land helicopter there in situation like dayz. i think that is not abusing game mechanics, bigger groups are just mad because they cant steal the helicopter, and yes i would be mad too.

And its unrealistic cause in real life I could get a ladder, or climb up on my truck.

No excuse is good enough. None. It is abusing the fact that access is limited do to the game.

I wasn't making excuses, I don't advocate the behavior, but let's get things straight, the act of hiding a helicopter on a roof of a hard to access or completely inaccessible building is completely realistic.

The supermarket is a bad example of course but from a realism point of view I see zero REALISM issues with parking it on top of high industrial buildings etc.

Just saying.

So it isnt an exploit?

It could well be that they changed their mind about it. I don't know.

Id like to add you cant blow up a helicopter just shooting it with bullets. It would take a Fall, explosive or heavy caliber rounds/even rpgs to blow up helicopters.

Well everyone and their grandmothers have grenades these days. You could still bugger up the rotor, and all that. Grenading it would probably be for the best, as long as you're good with the throws, and you know no-one's nearby.

Id like to add you cant blow up a helicopter just shooting it with bullets. It would take a Fall, explosive or heavy caliber rounds/even rpgs to blow up helicopters.

Well everyone and their grandmothers have grenades these days. You could still bugger up the rotor, and all that. Grenading it would probably be for the best, as long as you're good with the throws, and you know no-one's nearby.

To everyone who doesnt know. You dont need a main rotor to fly a helicopter. You just need an engine. I've done it many a times.

Regardless. Landing a heli in any unreachable place is both extremely overpowered, and an abuse of game mechanics (Or in this case, lack of), to prevent others from gaining one of the most powerful and influential vehicles in the game.

Regardless. Landing a heli in any unreachable place is both extremely overpowered, and an abuse of game mechanics (Or in this case, lack of), to prevent others from gaining one of the most powerful and influential vehicles in the game.

So trilby, is the quote from Rolle that was posted 2 days ago been now changed?

I've hid a chopper for two days in the exact same spot without touching it. You need to try other places.

Also, first rule of DayZ- Do not get attached to your stuff and expect it to be gone if you log out.

This. I don't know how much cars i fixed over hours/days and when i was finished, maybe used it for maximum two in-game days(because i don't play that often)so i got used to the cars being gone when i log back in.

I repaired a white sedan at khelm on friday just to drive around for 10 minutes and as no one as on the server, i parked it and in the moment i'm quite sure it is gone.

Thats how the game is and i got used to it.

I can understand this. But in about a 1 hour and 30 minute margin, we had hid the six seater black little bird. Which most will agree is hard to see even from the air if hidden right. We put it in the most out of the way spot and still, people managed to find it.

Well, if people have made it their profession in finding hidden camps/vehicles, you will have to adapt.

h35D6B17F

Rolle ain't the be all and end all. Just because he doesn't think it's an abuse, doesn't mean the rest of the Staff team agrees with him, and won't punish those who do it. We act in our own best judgement here. And right now, my best judgement, and presumably most of the Staff team, agree that it's an abuse of the fact that placing a heli on top of a building, in the knowledge that no-one can reach it.

Rolle ain't the be all and end all. Just because he doesn't think it's an abuse, doesn't mean the rest of the Staff team agrees with him, and won't punish those who do it. We act in our own best judgement here. And right now, my best judgement, and presumably most of the Staff team, agree that it's an abuse of the fact that placing a heli on top of a building, in the knowledge that no-one can reach it.

Ok thanks, I was just asking because it was a little unclear in my eyes.

Im just confused. Isn't Rolle the owner of DayZRP? Wouldn't he be the end all? After all he did make the rules. I just want trilb's explanation to this.

Is it possible to put a ladder leading to certain inaccessible roofs? I know this is slightly off topic, but ladders would be a nice touch to some buildings (like the market)

Is it possible to put a ladder leading to certain inaccessible roofs? I know this is slightly off topic, but ladders would be a nice touch to some buildings (like the market)

That...

isn't an awful idea :/

Well, I didn't know what Rolle said. But to me it's abusing an exploit. I could find a way to climb any building or that building would have roof access. The game is currently limited and until I hear otherwise, it an exploit to me.

Totally agreed with this!

Vehicles are tempoary. Like SumoS say, dayZ rule nr.1: You will loose your stuff.

Im with Thumper on this one.

I edited the OP to be my opinion and not the staff's, since it is NOT a rule. It should be...keep your thoughts coming.

I agree with Thumper, although they might have access (thanks to the helicopter) to the roof, others may not. We should all be on a level playing field.

I agree with Thumper, although they might have access (thanks to the helicopter) to the roof, others may not. We should all be on a level playing field.

You saying this, but there have been various occasions where some players, even some higher ranked people (staff) have made it un fair as well as people who everyday hack DayZ or use admin map or esp. So keep in mind that its never a fair playing field.

You saying this, but there have been various occasions where some players, even some higher ranked people (staff) have made it un fair as well as people who everyday hack DayZ or use admin map or esp. So keep in mind that its never a fair playing field. That is no excuse in saying that we should allow situations that are unfair.

Your viewpoint is ridiculous. Literally ridiculous.

Those problems have been sorted before, yeah? Hackers that are found hacking get banned and if there were any staff members caught abusing their powers I'm sure they have been taken care of. We can make it a fair playing field.

*should* ;)

Just like in real life, a skilled pilot can land on any big enough flat surface, including rooftops. And just like in real life, you wouldn't have ability to climb a vertical wall to get to it.

If anything it's realistic :trolldance: