Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:35

Sign in to follow this  

Attention: Parking Helicopters

It has come to my attention that people are parking helicopters on top of buildings. While this may work on certain buildings, it will not on others, but this is not the point.

Suggestion: Parking a helicopter on any roof that is not accessible from the ground level should be against the rules. It is abusing game mechanics and unrealistic.

That is all for now. You may continue browsing the forums.

How is it unrealistic, some roofs are flat and you can't get on them without a ladder. How is something like this unnacceptable? People should be able to park it wherever they want. I had to get another helicopter to get a huey that spawned in a unaccesible place? Should we report the game for doing that?

GingerHippo    4

Glad this has came into action as it's unfair on others who can see where a helicopter is but have no way of getting to it unless they have another helicopter. Thankyou.

Finally, sick of people doing it just so they know their heli is safe for the night. I saw someone park their huey ontop of a super market the other day and it annoyed me.

Fozzy    2

I wouldn't say it is abusing game mechanics, but I agree it's not making it fair for the other players.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Thank god, seen this a couple of times now, glad its been finally put against the rules.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Thank god.

Mush    2

Been needed for a while, it is annoying when people park helicopters on top of buildings.

If we had ladders...

Othuyeg    20

How is it unrealistic

Because you wouldn't just disappear when you "go to sleep"

It has come to the Staff's attention that people are parking helicopters on top of buildings. While this may work on certain buildings, it will not on others, but this is not the point.

Parking a helicopter on any roof that is not accessible from the ground level is against the rules. It is abusing game mechanics and unrealistic. It will not be tolerated and if reported you will be punished.

That is all for now. You may continue browsing the forums.

Thump maybe you should make a script so that when people log out on roof tops they get reset back to the coast instead?

That will teach em faster :troll:

Steve    0

Saw this coming a mile away.

yep, seemed fishy that you could just park it everywere :D

MartinJ    1

How is it unrealistic

Because you wouldn't just disappear when you "go to sleep"

With that logic, it's also unrealistic to steal a car that has been claimed by someone, because the owner wouldn't just disappear when he "goes to sleep" (likely in his car / in a tent nearby).

This isn't a case of realism or not but simple fairness/unfairness to other players. Realistically, if I knew I didn't have anyone to keep watch over such an asset as a helicopter is, I would also park it somewhere where nobody can get and then I would sleep in it, simple as that.

And its unrealistic cause in real life I could get a ladder, or climb up on my truck.

No excuse is good enough. None. It is abusing the fact that access is limited do to the game.

Metaphor    0

We were discussing this in TOR TS yesterday aswell as we found one like this.

What if you built a fireplace ladder? (Abusing game mechanics to stop people abusing game mechanics)

"game mechanic abuseception"!

On a serious note though... Don't build fireplace ladders!

Also since day one I have been here this has been unacceptable. Buildings also load in before vehicles and the majority of the time, the vehicle explodes...it's like this for a reason.

TrilbyAsh    6

Pssst. In my books, if you see a Helicopter chilling on a roof with no-one around it, I'd say it's all good to blow the bugger up. Leave whoever it was stuck on a roof with no way down.

Phatal    46

I would just like to say, some people have been pushed to this because of the fact that in multiple cases no matter how well you hide helicopters in less than 8 hours (even in a case of less than 2 hours) helicopters are automatically found. I once hid a Mi-17 in an undisclosed location. Let me just say it was completely out of the way from both debug hunters and the common paths. In the middle of a field in a hard to find area. I logged in a few hours after hiding it and poof it was gone and in place of it was a bike facing towards debug making it look as if someone on a bike went through around 5 k of forest to find it. In a straight line. There are other cases where you could hide them and they are replaced by motorcycles or just disappeared in less than 2 hours and some people (not only 1 clan or a few civs but quite a mass of people) are even suggesting that esp or other means may be getting used to find high value vehicles. In my opinion buildings (even though I didnt hide said vehicles) should be allowed because it is a bit obnoxious to log in and every single one of your stash areas across the map are missing vehicles or have the hulls of griefed vehicles left there.

Pssst. In my books, if you see a Helicopter chilling on a roof with no-one around it, I'd say it's all good to blow the bugger up. Leave whoever it was stuck on a roof with no way down.

Id like to add you cant blow up a helicopter just shooting it with bullets. It would take a Fall, explosive or heavy caliber rounds/even rpgs to blow up helicopters.

I've hid a chopper for two days in the exact same spot without touching it. You need to try other places.

Also, first rule of DayZ- Do not get attached to your stuff and expect it to be gone if you log out.

Edit:

Another thing. You log out and when it goes missing you automatically assume ESP? I bet I can guess where you are park them pretty easily. Most people here know the map well enough to guess where one might hide one.

Phatal    46

I've hid a chopper for two days in the exact same spot without touching it. You need to try other places.

Also, first rule of DayZ- Do not get attached to your stuff and expect it to be gone if you log out.

I can understand this. But in about a 1 hour and 30 minute margin, we had hid the six seater black little bird. Which most will agree is hard to see even from the air if hidden right. We put it in the most out of the way spot and still, people managed to find it.

We put it in the most out of the way spot and still, people managed to find it.

There you go. Don't hide it out of the way then. That is where people look first.

Phatal    46

We put it in the most out of the way spot and still, people managed to find it.

There you go. Don't hide it out of the way then. That is where people look first.

Im just saying that some people are being agitated to hide things on buildings and some would say that hiding it up there is a fair option because real life (in response to thumpers earlier post with said ladder) Real life we would have people always able to watch the heli and we would sleep close to it and would have people always watching. So, would we maybe be able to post a poll to make it a possible thing to hide them up there only put a like day without movement timer? I think that is a little fair. If not I understand though :P