Yes or No  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Guest TehGreekGamer   
Guest TehGreekGamer

ROLEPLAY RATING SYSTEM

[align=left]The whole idea is that next to my profile there would by a rating system like the 5 star rating system that rates the users roleplay quality. This will make the player to have an image of how the other players think about his RP, so next to the rating it will have a the number of votes so lets say if someone has 4 stars from 31 ratings he is a good-excellent player. To avoid the abuse of this rating system every user has only one vote for every other user. The overall rating will be counted like that :

x=(rate1+rate2+rate3+....rateN)/N(amount of votes)

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

I would be worried people would base the rating on ooc issues, but in the theory it's great.

I'm against these "user-controlled" system because the result will always be friends rating each other high because they are friends. Basically the most likeable person on DayZRP will get the highest rating. Rather meaningless.

In short...

Nope.

Glenn    10

I'm against these "user-controlled" system because the result will always be friends rating each other high because they are friends. Basically the most likeable person on DayZRP will get the highest rating. Rather meaningless.

In short...

Nope.

Afraid to get a low score???

JK

Nope for me, the same as Gijs said it would be unfair for the random people in this game without huge popularity.

lol when was the last time you played? :P

I actually remember you from the TP, so I guess I could've rated you. Glenn van de/der/den Broek from the 24th. I think Mel Drake was rather fond of you.

ZoCr    0

In theory it would be a great idea, but again friends upvote friends and enemies downvote enemies like Gijs said

the most likeable person on DayZRP will get the highest rating. Rather meaningless.

Glenn    10

lol when was the last time you played? :P

I actually remember you from the TP, so I guess I could've rated you. Glenn van de/der/den Broek from the 24th. I think Mel Drake was rather fond of you.

Haha yeah, i have been out for a month or 2 because of work, started today again.

And yes, i put a lot of effort in my RP so do you haha

Tim    0

Sorry, but i think, people would do bad things with this kind of system. Not the majority but some people, especially when they are worried about some ooc issue or something.

Siorre    0

The nipple man would get 5 stats all da Time. But I still only have one answer,

a hell lot of nope

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Mile_Kunis-no.gif

Nah, you're alright.

kongsbak    0

Would be cool if people could actual keep it to ic interactions, but that is impossible to do...

Rampage    0

I think the ratings would be swayed heavily based on an ooc popularity contest.

While I applaud the idea and think your heart is in the right place, this rating system would be grossly inaccurate due to my point above.

So I am sorry but I will have to vote..

no.gif

Mikachu    26

Great idea? Yes

Would it work? No.

Sadly it would be far too easily abused for it to actually work so I voted no

SweetJoe    389

Id vote yes if only staff could vote and it was anonymous.

Other people are right. Rp is just staying in character. People would vote vote based on if they liked the player or the character, but it would be abused...people would flame, and it would be taken down.

good idea idea though. I really think the staff should rank us.

MartinJ    1

It's not even a good idea.

"Roleplay rating" is applying an arbitrary system to something that in no way should be decided by an individual. Not to mention it is a gross oversimplification and no scale, be it 1-5, 5-0, 0-10, or whichever else, could even remotely correctly give a valuable insight into the rated person's roleplaying abilities. Third and final point, there is no such thing as a roleplay standard and as such, the rating would not actually give any valuable input to anyone. Someone who would by my standards be a 3 might be a 5 to the majority etc so I would (and anyone else whose standards differ, i.e. most people) not consider the rating relevant at all.

Guest TehGreekGamer   
Guest TehGreekGamer

So if we make it so staff can rate the RP is going to be able guys? I thought about the abuse thing too and the lack of maturity that people will show is true.

It wouldn't equate to any quality unless it was assigned by someone specific that was aware what constitutes good roleplay. It is similar to having an inspection and could be tedious, pointless and not relevant in the slightest.

Firm No.

MartinJ    1

So if we make it so staff can rate the RP is going to be able guys? I thought about the abuse thing too and the lack of maturity that people will show is true.

How does that help anything?

First of all, how involved is the staff with roleplaying anyway?

Second, once again, who qualifies what amounts for a "five stars" level roleplay? Who makes sure that all admins adhere to that standard while rating?

It's complete nonsense.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

If you want to praise someone's roleplay, there are multiple threads to do so.

^That.

A HUGE nope towards the OP. People rate RP differently, others are satisfied with piss-poor RP like "Hello, drop gun, run east, bye", others want hardcore spotless perfect realistic RP. Also it'll be abused as OOC friends will rate each other positive, and OOC dislikes and butthurtness will result to negative votes.

Last, but not least, it's useless since it won't mean anything. As I said,e veryone has different standars

And about the staff rating, NOPE. Some of them don't even play anymore, and being staff doesn't mean they know what the perfect RP is