Yuval

Pistol damage buff?

Do you want higher damage  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want higher damage

• YEEES
    • no?

Yuval    2

I never understood how a makarov needs 2 shots to the face to kill an enemy, and a M1911 has so little damage compared to a UMP-45...

Do you guys think these guns need a massive DMG buff to make them viable weapons to use against players? example a sniper who needs a backup rifle, instead of carrying a M4 secondary he can use a PDW.

I'd really like to see PVP with pistols, it would be so cool :P

What do you think?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I think it needs to be balanced, as some pistols use really high calibers (.45) and do like 2,500 blood damage, it makes no sense!

Nickerd    0

Makarovs don't take 2 shots to kill (If you make a headshot) Every gun in Arma, one shots if you hit em in the head.

Yuval    2

Makarovs don't take 2 shots to kill (If you make a headshot) Every gun in Arma, one shots if you hit em in the head.

I once shot a person point blank with makarov, he didn't die. (lost consciousness and then after another bullet he died)

I'm pretty sure ive shot People in the face with a makarov before without one shotting Them

Fozzy    2

I kind of agree with this. DayZ SA is really fun as your secondary is a pistol. You can't carry two weapons, so if you get yourself stuck in a CQC with a sniper rifle you pull out your pistol instead of going into your backpack and pulling out a fully automatic MG.

When DayZ first started pistols had really high damange, for example the revolver did about 2,500k damage I believe? Not too sure why that was nerfed. Pistols now are barely used for anything. Personally I don't even use them for zombie killing anymore since I have a hatchet or a crowbar.

However, every gun is a one hit kill with a headshot.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

However, every gun is a one hit kill with a headshot.

Makarov is 2, I learnt that the hard way, I was executing someone with it, shot them in the head, and they just sort of stood there... I fired another and he died! :D

Fozzy    2

Nope, I'm pretty sure every gun in the game is a one shot headshot and believe me I had plenty of times when I killed people with that makarov (Origins)

Yuval    2

Nope, I'm pretty sure every gun in the game is a one shot headshot and believe me I had plenty of times when I killed people with that makarov (Origins)

Different mod? feel free to shoot your friends with a makarov and see if they live :P

Fozzy    2

Different mod? feel free to shoot your friends with a makarov and see if they live :P

You're getting executed with one next time I see you :troll:

Tamaster92    14

FYI pistols are currently running the same as vanilla - so revolvers etc do almost 3K damage per shot. (I think)

Yuval    2

out of 12K blood you have, revolver has 6 shots and that means you need 4 shots from 0 range to kill a person

and a revolver shouldn't take 4 shots to kill a person, as IRL some can kill elephants

Fozzy    2

FYI pistols are currently running the same as vanilla - so revolvers etc do almost 3K damage per shot. (I think)

Pretty sure that was a long long time ago? Not too sure on that. I remember watching a video on it.

Tamaster92    14

Pretty sure that was a long long time ago? Not too sure on that. I remember watching a video on it.

They changed it back in the most recent version of DayZ

Nickerd    0

After thinking about it, I think Makarov has to be a 1 shot kill (Atleast on Dayz Namalsk). Cause the other day someone shot me in the face I was full blood and died. (Was friendly fire though, Thanks Tom)

After thinking about it, I think Makarov has to be a 1 shot kill (Atleast on Dayz Namalsk). Cause the other day someone shot me in the face I was full blood and died. (Was friendly fire though, Thanks Tom)

Headshots are insta-kills 99% of the time. Normally 9mm weaponry (M9, G17, Makarov) do 899 blood damage per shot. .45 ACP weaponry (Vanilla Revolver, Vanilla M1911) do 2250 blood damage which is similar to a Stanag rifle.

The Colt Python does about 4500-6000 I believe.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread and realized I'm a moron. Nevermind me.

A revolver is a high caliber weapons, its bullet is big enough to kill someone with one shot. Other weapons take about only 2-4 shots to kill someone IRL.

Make a poll for yay or nay. :D

Oxx    0

I totally agree.

For example the damage on the 44 magnum should be more like 8000 within 10 meters. I guarantee if you would be shot twice with that IRL you'd die 99,9% of the time.

In my opinion the 9mm should do about 2500 damage point blank. This way we could actually have use for the MP5 also...

The .45cals should be around 4500-5000, don't you think?

Yuval    2

Headshots are insta-kills 99% of the time. Normally 9mm weaponry (M9, G17, Makarov) do 899 blood damage per shot. .45 ACP weaponry (Vanilla Revolver, Vanilla M1911) do 2250 blood damage which is similar to a Stanag rifle.

I think STANAG does 4K and G36 does 4.5.

Anyway pistols should have 3-6K dmg at extremely close ranges, 10-15M and plummet to 1000 at longer ranges

Anyway pistols should have 3-6K dmg at extremely close ranges, 10-15M and plummet to 1000 at longer ranges

That wouldn't make any sense, since it is just different types of magazines. They utilize the same round.

Yuval    2

That wouldn't make any sense, since it is just different types of magazines. They utilize the same round.

If your talking about the G36... Arma logic?

Guest Jdopus   
Guest Jdopus

I feel as though only some pistols could use a buff. Some are fine just how they are.

Ah i remember when the M1911 did 4.5k damage a bullet when DayZ first came out....good times