Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Stuck on "Wait for Host" screen.

Question

23 answers to this question

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Does it stay like that until you get kicked for lobby idling?

Burgz    6

Do you stay in-game the whole time?

If so, try alt-tabbing for a minute or something and then re-open it.

Ford    1

Does it stay like that until you get kicked for lobby idling?

No. Just stays there forever.

Do you stay in-game the whole time?

If so, try alt-tabbing for a minute or something and then re-open it.

Nothing. Also, when I exit it switches to the next loading screen. But only when I close the window.

Ford    1

I had this issue yesterday but after around 4-5 minutes, It let me into the lobby.

Hmm. I'll try and see what happens after that much time. Do you know why it's taking longer?

I had this issue yesterday but after around 4-5 minutes, It let me into the lobby.

Nope. Waited for 10 minutes and nothing.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Right, may have found something, boot ArmA 2 OA Beta in Steam, enable @DayZRP in the expansions tab, then restart the game. Then click Multiplayer, then on the bottom you should see the "Remote" button, click that, then type either s1.dayzrp.com with 2302 as the port (S1), or s1.dayzrp.com with 2402 as the port (S2) and then click "OK" then the server should come up, click it and it should work!

If not, quote me and I will keep searching.

GingerHippo    4

Hmm. I'll try and see what happens after that much time. Do you know why it's taking longer?

Nope. Waited for 10 minutes and nothing.

I seriously have no idea man, maybe try joining via the Arma Launcher instead or maybe the DayZRP launcher?

Ford    1

Right, may have found something, boot ArmA 2 OA Beta in Steam, enable @DayZRP in the expansions tab, then restart the game. Then click Multiplayer, then on the bottom you should see the "Remote" button, click that, then type either s1.dayzrp.com with 2302 as the port (S1), or s1.dayzrp.com with 2402 as the port (S2) and then click "OK" then the server should come up, click it and it should work!

I did as you said and nothing came up. Like the server didn't even exist for me.

ZoCr    0

I did as you said and nothing came up. Like the server didn't even exist for me.

I think you had to use the ip address when using the remote connection

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Herpa derp, let me get the IP address for you, Ford.

S1: 81.170.228.148 with the port 2302

S2: 81.170.226.216 with the port 2402 EDIT: S2 is currently down, so try and join S1.

Try these!

Ford    1

-snip-

Herpa derp, let me get the IP address for you, Ford.

S1: 81.170.228.148 with the port 2302

S2: 81.170.226.216 with the port 2402 EDIT: S2 is currently down, so try and join S1.

Try these!

Nothing. Was I accidentally banned or something...?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Nah, you would get the message if you were banned, let me have another look and try to find a fix.

EDIT: The only thing I could find is making sure you have the latest version of both the mod and the beta version of ArmA 2 OA. If that doesn't work, I have absolutely no clue.

Ford    1

Nah, you would get the message if you were banned, let me have another look and try to find a fix.

EDIT: The only thing I could find is making sure you have the latest version of both the mod and the beta version of ArmA 2 OA. If that doesn't work, I have absolutely no clue.

I really don't understand how I'm only having this problem for some reason. My DayZ mod/beta version is updated yet I can't log on to the server...

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I really don't understand how I'm only having this problem for some reason. My DayZ mod/beta version is updated yet I can't log on to the server...

I can only suggest restarting your PC and your router, if that doesn't work, I don't know what else will, you will have to get help from higher up, the staff!

Rolle    2938

If you're trying to join S2, IP and ports have changed, update your bookmarks with the ones available on the home page.

Ford    1

If you're trying to join S2, IP and ports have changed, update your bookmarks with the ones available on the home page.

Just S1. I can't log on whatsoever. Restarted my computer, didn't work. Turned my comp off for 10 seconds, turned it back on, didn't work. I'm officially unable to play DayZRP for the moment, but I don't know why.

Slute    1

Try joining through DayZ commander and follow these steps:

When you launch DayZ commander go to setting-> Steam Options -> Checkmark "Launch Using Steam" -> Then Checkmark "Replace Original Arma 2OA with Beta files"

Also make sure everything is up to date obviously.

Ford    1

When you launch DayZ commander go to setting-> Steam Options -> Checkmark "Launch Using Steam" -> Then Checkmark "Replace Original Arma 2OA with Beta files"

How do I check if everything is up to date?

Slute    1

Go onto Install/Update, next to the settings. Make sure both your Arma 2 Patch is up to date, as is your DayZ patch.

Rampage    0

As I said in your other post. Let's talk on TS tomorrow and get this fixed for ya.

Krimbo    0

Sigh, ArmA.

Have you tried verifying your game cache through Steam? That's generally the first step to ArmA problems and usually the solution. I'm surprised nobody else has recommended that.

It could be your internet connection, I know I have this problem when my bandwidth is pretty slow. Waiting for host is usually the server trying to hook your GUID but I've found it can be dependent on your connection. How long has this problem being occurring and have you noticed your internet speeds slower since this started happening?

Is this happening on any other DayZ/ArmA servers or is it only on DayZRP servers?

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Marking this as solved, glad you got it working!