Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:49
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Council offensive events feedback thread

What do you think of the new events?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new events?

• (Strongly in favor) I love'em!
    • (Somewhat in favor) They're good, but need work.
    • (Somewhat not in favor) They're not that good, they need A LOT of work.
    • (Strongly not in favor) Aw hell no. Damned staff ab00se!
    • Im not sure yet.

Tomeran    3

The official council offensive events feedback thread

So we've had quite a few mini-events now, and even a couple fairly big ones, the latest being the Osprey one.

Now these events are going to take a -brief- break to allow us to catch our breath, but the question still remains just how much people are enjoying these.

This thread is to get feedback on the events, what the community thinks about them.

Its also an opportunity for you to give suggestions on what we can improve, and what kind of events(or lack thereof) that you'd like to see in the future.

So to put up some questions:

What have we done well?

What could we do better?

Have these events improved your RP atmosphere?

Have they only caused you grief?

Too much ab00se etc?

There's also a poll in which we'd appreciate if you could vote in.

After all, we do this primarily for your entertainment and RP, and if it looses community support there's not really a reason to keep doing them. So please, be honest with your feedback to us.

...oh and I wanted to add that I realize there's a lot we need to work with the big ones, like the Osprey event. So many people were interested that we had a lot of...technical difficulities.

As someone who got sprayed by the little birds right at the start, having a spawn a few miles away set up for dead survivors may not be a bad idea. Probably would be best to set it up a few miles away, that way there wouldn't be an infinite stream of survivors charging the Council.

Guest Otmel Strangler   
Guest Otmel Strangler

I have to say I enjoy almost every bit of so-called """abuse""" (wink wink) the admins do.

Rolling around in huge-ass armoured vehicles and ultra-high end gear, because it gives the impression that the rest of the stuff we see isn't necessarily the height of current civilisation. RP-wise it gives an illusion of depth and variety, and I think it's fine that these are things normal players don't have access to - insofar these elements are visible. And I also find there is some seal of authenticity present whenever something is realised within the framework of the official lore, so to speak.

MartinJ    1

What have we done well?

The atmosphere is almost perfect. I like the choice of locations and the background story with them.

What could we do better?

Other than the technical difficulties you're well aware of:

- the enemies (Council in this instance) needs more personality. Perhaps rather create events that consist of stand-offs (think Walking Dead's Governor with a tank at the gates of the prison) where players can also interact with the enemy rather than just shoot them. As it is, the council is just a more dangerous version of zombies - mindless killers.

- organization in regards to dying and respawning. It was nice that you teleported people a few times, but I think this should be done regularly (like every 5 minutes) throughout the entire event, especially if the enemy forces are also getting respawns.

- victory/loss factor. Back during those invasion events I was quite disappointed that things didn't really change all that much. After the latest event, I would for example expect a lot of council roadblocks, since they have a free reign over Chernarus now that the UEF are regrouping. They should need to be initiated upon (and vice versa) though. Another idea would be to completely block off one of the major towns, or perhaps an airfield, with their forces.

- the decision behind who loses/wins. To be completely honest, today's events considering the casualties should have been more of a council loss it seemed.

During the parts where I interacted with other players (i.e. brief stops in attacks, or when I met them elsewhere), yes. Otherwise, it felt more like playing standard DayZ.

Nope!

In what way would you like to see us improve?

See above. Focus more on roleplay, give the council a deeper image other than just "those guys who dress in black and try to kill everyone"

Too much ab00se etc?

It was fine, though your "suppression policy" blew up (pun intended) in my face three times, each time I ate a rocket direct to the face from a little bird lol.

Tomeran    3

Thank you Martin, those are good points. We have something in mind regarding "direct interaction", so hopefully you'll like what you see there in that regard.

As for consequenses, I really like your idea of some sort of "occupation" but they're quite difficult to do on a consistent scale unless we had a lot NPC's backing us up.

The descicion to win was quite difficult, because the council did indeed take a lot of losses. However, so did the survivors. So..many corpses at the listening post. And in the end they succeeded with their objectives, however I must admit it sucked that Reese died the way he did(some derp shot him in the face). Better objectives needed next time, I think.

There were times when the suppression policy failed a little bit due to mis-aimed rockets and "lucky" blindfire, but the fact is our initial council infantry forces were butchered so quickly, and there were...so many survivors running around, that we had to pull off the soft gloves to offer more of a challenge.

We definetly needed more AT weaponry though.

I should also add, that this thread is meant for feedback towards all the mini-events, not just the Osprey event. We realized this one was quite messy, and we hope it wont colour the rest of the other smaller events that we've done as well.

MartinJ    1

As for consequenses, I really like your idea of some sort of "occupation" but they're quite difficult to do on a consistent scale unless we had a lot NPC's backing us up.

Could cheat a little and just map barriers around the entirety of Elektro so that it can't be entered and say that it's controlled by the Council :D

The descicion to win was quite difficult' date=' because the council did indeed take a lot of losses. However, so did the survivors. So..many corpses at the listening post. And in the end they succeeded with their objectives, however I must admit it sucked that Reese died the way he did(some derp shot him in the face). Better objectives needed next time, I think.[/quote']

There's a reason why "VIP protection" is one of the least favorite gamemodes in any multiplayer game in the universe. ;)

Geoa    2

Generally I much preferred the Dodge event over the Osprey take down event.I think I have enjoyed the random events much more where little is revealed. Like the dodge event was only found out about an hour before and i was genuinely surprised by the council attack. The gas attacks were also really interesting as it felt like they could just happen any time and anywhere. So yeah, I'm all for more of the mini events and maybe things like the council setting up roadblocks and what-not could be great ideas.

Prince    118

I liked dodge more for its random unpredictable rp, speeches,ect... stuff that can not possibly be scripted. I also liked the little warning time given to prepare for the dodge attack.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Sorry for not using format (on phone)

Council roadblocks, patrols and raids on player camps really should be a consequence of the loss today , with UEF regrouping, council should roam chernarus like kings.

Houlton    3

What have we done well? : Kept the promise of a suppression rule so we don't have a fifteen minute fire fight and be done.

What could we do better? : I think you could have chosen a better location (enter-able building) so the HVI wasn't accidentally killed as h was today.

Have these events improved your RP atmosphere? : This provided a good amount of RP, not particularly this big one (but it did have a golden moment in it for me) however I like the scattering of survivors and the way that the clever people resorted to guerilla tactics

Have they only caused you grief? : Not particularly

Too much ab00se etc? : Didn't notice anything too bad

EDIT: I think giving us a good opportunity to capture a council member would be great, however the two little birds I ran too the pilot was given an instant execution without any chance of survival, however that isn't really something you had control over

Tomeran    3

Quite good advice so far.

And I prefered the Dodge attack myself, it went -incredibly- smooth and I dont think I had a single complaint afterwards.

Personally I have quite a lot of faith in the spontaneous nature of the un-announced mini-events. Today clearly showed that I have a lot of re-thinking to do on how to prepare for and the nature of the big announced events.

I still cant quite get over just how many damned people looked at the event thread and that tried to squeeze into S2 at the same time, caught me and the rest of the staff off-guard with our jaws dropping.

Slute    1

What have we done well?:

You guys did absolutely fantastic in the amount of time you gave us to regroup, re-gear, etc, after each little firefight. It was as if it were waves and we had to fight to the last wave. The amount of Vehicles used was the perfect amount as it was not too OP but not to Underpowered. You guys almost acted as AI, which was very enjoyable. The location was nice, although some more cover then was already put down would be nice. Story fit in nicely and I hope what has happened does actually take effect in the next event (UEF setback because of death of Reese, etc).

What could we have done better?:

Like I said above, there was Waves. I say this in both ways because The Waves wasn't technically a bad thing, but it got extremely repetitive. Just had to survive from the helicopter and shoot at the trees. It was fun but got boring. Other then that, kudos guys great work.

How these events improved your RP atmosphere?:

Well if anyone reading this knows me, you know I love making stories, specifically on the Volki clan page. This drastically changed how I viewed the Council, before I thought they were just an army hoping to take over. Now I watched them slaughter innocents, which changes how my character views them. I had some fun moments in the actual event, loved whoever was sitting in the corner crying. Great RP for whoever that was. Also Graffels was very nice to watch, as he really tried to make things realistic (Running out of ammo and pulling out his Pistol, not running around looking for a new gun). One of the best RP experiences I have had yet!

How they caused you grief?:

The Council "Suppresion Rule" must have changed halfway through because things started getting even worse into the event. Council were headshotting people from miles away, and Little birds were doing extremely well at killing people. Although it was their fault for running in the middle of the field, it made it feel like a video game, which I didn't want. Also, try to somehow incorporate more RP next time. Seems all anyone cared about was gear, which saddened me deeply.

Aboose:

No aboose in my opinion, other then the headshots!

Great Event guys, thank you for everyone who participated. This may have taken a long time and I admire everyone's hard work!

Hatch    0

What have we done well?

The way it was laid out made it feel so tense and exciting. The way you would see the helis over the "Kill zone" then the explosions made it feel like I was in a real life battle

What could we do better?

Maybe a bit more interaction, a few days before there could be IC messages that create the "scene" for the event.

Greatly so.

Nope, I didn't get to experience a lot of the event as I couldn't get back in after the crashes but from what I did, I enjoyed it a lot.

Too much ab00se etc?

From what I heard near the end, a little bit. If you think about it only a few of the bigger clans have maybe 1 RPG and if that person who equips it goes down then there is no hope.

Tomeran    3

On the amount of RP, I can definetly agree. I had hoped I'd have time to do a proper briefing for example, but with the way we had to start things up, it took a good while before everyone arrived. And the place itself was...chaotic.

So next big event will definetly have more RP. More preparations, more of an RP aftermath, and a better setting that's less chaotic and more RP-friendly.

Rolle approving project Jekyll would help a lot. :D

Major Tom    88

You just won't give up with that, will you? ;P

Tomeran    3

You just won't give up with that, will you? ;P

Nope.

It'll truly be awesome.

RoCKiE    0

4 AM but yea...

What have we done well?

Can't really answer this question, since I never really taken part in these events, in the last couple of weeks.

What could we do better? Good question.

No, they made it a lot worse honestly.

But yea what I want to say isn't really an answer to the questions.

So yea what happend recently made me kind of angry.

First of I already made a thread where I kind of questioned these event. Thread

Second of all I told Toorrik my opinion about them a few times.

So yea it all started when the mini-event happend that is mentioned in the other thread. That already kind of made me sick. To sum it up, 2 helicopter from 2 factions fighting each other over a with civilian crowed area, then Brotherhood shooting both of them down and random civilians also shooting at the helicopters (even at the "friendly" one)

When that event happend I just left and logged off when the second heli was downed with a GP-25. The backstory behind that was there, but did it really matter ? Would anyone ever find out ? Oh and the day before, a Mi-24 almost landing at prud, still don't know why, but I can't think of a single reason for a russian combat helicopter to land there.

Another event at Prud were CTC gave out supplies to survivors for some reason that I don't know. We went there with the rest of DUTY and ISOA and well I expected to talk to people, but we arrived people also CTC were acting dodgy and I was questioning the whole "event" again IC/OOC. And yea, 5 minutes later someone attacked again and everyone started shooting at something. We ran away, for more than obvious reasons.

Then a few other events that I wasn't even near but again heard that there were of course helicopter flying around etc.

And yesterday the thing at Dodge... I'm sorry but there were about 6-8? helicopters attacking dodge... thats ridiculous. I don't know how many little birds the council already lost, but I'm suprised that they keep sending them IC.

I came home and heard about the event, went up there and hoped that I can maybe talk to some CTC members, but as soon as I was near, the others told me on TS "The council attacks now" ... great. So no RP for me, again. Why ? Well already mentioned the helis and the danger that comes with them.

And now I am actually questioning the whole council thing. I really loved the idea when it was first introduced. With Michael Clarke, probably because me and the FM were a huge part of the event. After that I rp'ed that I am really scared of every person in a suit, and I told everyone to never ever mention the name council. To noone, NEVER. Why ? A10's, more than enough reason to shut your mouth and never mention them.

Now, everyone talks about the council like they are some kind of ... I don't even know. Council here, council there. I actually can't take it serious anymore IC/OOC, can't RP it like I am scared of them, even though there are a shit tone of reasons to be.

Back to the "questioning the council" thing. I feel like you took inspiration for that group from resident evil and the umbrella corp. Destroying Raccoon city, and hiding all the evidence. But that doesn't really make sense, actually it makes no sense at all in a scenario where the whole world is infected. There is no reason for the council to kill all the remaining survivors. Well maybe if they want to create some kind of super human society, where the "weak survivors" have no place, but that would be weird. So yea I don't really see the point of the councils activity.

I personally think it would be much cooler if the council would have been hidden in the shadows, everyone who hears about them, has to die. Maybe take some inspiaration from the la li lu le lo (Metal Gear Solid). I don't know. It's easier to find a council member than a Free Medic right now.

But it looks like I am one of a few people who see it that way. I just don't understand why there is not a single event without one group attacking another one, or maybe without helicopters for once.

I do realize that it is not easy to create events like that, and I'm not sure if I have any ideas that would be more enjoyable for the majority of people. I had a few ideas, also told toorrik about them, and he had also some ideas. Maybe a russian staff faction ? I don't think the russians would just sit there doing nothing when the US troops have a base on utes and recently were quiet active in south zagoria (Chernarus), maybe bring the CDF back. Last time I saw/heard about them was when Lambardi was still the co-host of CLR.

Other than that I can't think of anything, except the idea that I/we had for DUTY. But they would requier some admin equipment and wouldn't be the kind of events where 30 people show up. More like small events to create a great atmosphere for a few people that randomly (or not if you announce it via global chat) stumble upon us.

I hope you people are able to understand me a little bit, I really don't enjoy firefights in DayZRP, and they seem to be major part of these events. I also hate crowed areas with a lot of people, a few times in the last 2 weeks when I went to prud and I started to hear the first few people talking, I immediatly turned around and was like "fuck that". Not the RP I am looking for.

So, I think you already lost me for any future events, I just can't take it anymore, sounds silly but thats just how I am. As long as the people that are actually part of these events are having fun, I'm happy.

Well, it's late, not really happy with this post but I tried the best I can do right now.

Roofcake    8

I never got to see the Osprey event and spent a helluva a time equipping for it. Maybe more player slots open in the future for big events, or have it on two servers instead of one. This would probably be more difficult for admins to control, but everyone should get to experience it. It was basically a race to see who could enter the password faster.

As for events, the only big one I was able to attend was the Attack of Dodge. That was very tense and very fun. The convoys were few and far between, but when they happened, it was very beneficial to those who made it and spiced up the RP a bit. Never got to attend Osprey. :(

Toorrik    4

I never got to see the Osprey event and spent a helluva a time equipping for it. Maybe more player slots open in the future for big events, or have it on two servers instead of one.

We've discussed this at length tonight. Next time we plan to do it on the dedicated event server (More power). At the same time we plan to turn of all zombie spawning and loot spawning (Less crap on the server = more performance) and then we also plan to do a whitelist tactic (you sign up, you get whitelisted to join the server, guarantee'd place)

kyoto    4

I never got to see the Osprey event and spent a helluva a time equipping for it. Maybe more player slots open in the future for big events, or have it on two servers instead of one.

We've discussed this at length tonight. Next time we plan to do it on the dedicated event server (More power). At the same time we plan to turn of all zombie spawning and loot spawning (Less crap on the server = more performance) and then we also plan to do a whitelist tactic (you sign up, you get whitelisted to join the server, guarantee'd place)

Yeah, I feel that would help a lot. Over all I had a great time at the event though even though I got shot by the heli's rockets and lived. That was an experience. :D

Roofcake    8

I love how you all care :D

Muntz    3

So yea it all started when the mini-event happend that is mentioned in the other thread. That already kind of made me sick. To sum it up, 2 helicopter from 2 factions fighting each other over a with civilian crowed area, then Brotherhood shooting both of them down and random civilians also shooting at the helicopters (even at the "friendly" one)

When that event happend I just left and logged off when the second heli was downed with a GP-25. The backstory behind that was there, but did it really matter ? Would anyone ever find out ?

So what about this made you sick? I don't understand. Was it the random's reaction? The shooting down of the helicopters? I personally don't understand what could make someone 'sick' about this.

Oh and the day before, a Mi-24 almost landing at prud, still don't know why, but I can't think of a single reason for a russian combat helicopter to land there.

Just because you can't think of a reason, doesn't mean there wasn't one. This just seems to be a judgement based on no information.

Another event at Prud were CTC gave out supplies to survivors for some reason that I don't know. We went there with the rest of DUTY and ISOA and well I expected to talk to people, but we arrived people also CTC were acting dodgy and I was questioning the whole "event" again IC/OOC. And yea, 5 minutes later someone attacked again and everyone started shooting at something. We ran away, for more than obvious reasons.

Again, I see nothing wrong with this. A group is giving out aid, another group attacks, people react to it how they will. It definitely changes up the usual boring shit that goes on at Prud. It is like people complaining about bandits attacking prud and ruining 'RP' when all they have been doing prior is the golem walk and fart

jokes..

Then a few other events that I wasn't even near but again heard that there were of course helicopter flying around etc.

Of course there were heli's flying around. the council is an extremely asset-rich organisation. They quite literally have limitless resources.

And yesterday the thing at Dodge... I'm sorry but there were about 6-8? helicopters attacking dodge... thats ridiculous. I don't know how many little birds the council already lost, but I'm suprised that they keep sending them IC.

This is more of a level playing field thing. The council needs to have vehicles to give out the powerful vibe. However most powerful vehicles are too hard to kill. Little birds pack a punch but your everyday survivor with a mosin or AK can still hurt it.

I came home and heard about the event, went up there and hoped that I can maybe talk to some CTC members, but as soon as I was near, the others told me on TS "The council attacks now" ... great. So no RP for me, again. Why ? Well already mentioned the helis and the danger that comes with them.

This event was always advertised as a purely PvP event. It was always meant to be a long and hectic firefight. That was the entire objective from the beginning. At no point was there any doubt that the council would attack. You walked in expecting deep roleplay? That isn't the event team's fault.

Back to the "questioning the council" thing. I feel like you took inspiration for that group from resident evil and the umbrella corp. Destroying Raccoon city, and hiding all the evidence. But that doesn't really make sense, actually it makes no sense at all in a scenario where the whole world is infected. There is no reason for the council to kill all the remaining survivors. Well maybe if they want to create some kind of super human society, where the "weak survivors" have no place, but that would be weird. So yea I don't really see the point of the councils activity.

This is complete conjecture, nothing here is based on fact. The council is mysterious and unknown. We currently don't know why they are doing this. Which is the entire point. You are right in saying the umbrella corperation wouldn't make sense in DayZRP but the council isn't umbrella and has nothing to do with umbrella.

I don't know. It's easier to find a council member than a Free Medic right now.

The council was extremely active in the lead up to this event. I am sure they will lower their activity for a while now.

But it looks like I am one of a few people who see it that way. I just don't understand why there is not a single event without one group attacking another one, or maybe without helicopters for once.

There have been plenty of zombie invasion events. As to events with no violence? I struggle to think of any that would be worth calling an 'event'.

I hope you people are able to understand me a little bit, I really don't enjoy firefights in DayZRP, and they seem to be major part of these events. I also hate crowed areas with a lot of people

So don't go to Pvp focused events. It is a pretty simple solution in my opinion.

I'm not trying to be personal or argumentative, my opinion just differs from your own.

Mental    0

This is based only on the Osprey Takedown as it is the only event i managed to attend

1. Everything. It was awesome. The lead up, the radio broadcasts, the teleporting (thanks Rolle :)) it was really well planned.

2. Nothing to really improve on.

3. Hmm.. kinda hard to say.

4. No. I had a great time RP'ing with everyone during the extraction

5. BTR's, humvees, armed ah6-j's against civs.. just a tad OP

All in all im really looking forward to the next council event :D

Guest neom   
Guest neom

What have we done well? The groups moral, it seems whenever you make one of these there is a buzz and everyone wants to help or be a part of it, and your back story's are insane I haven't managed to read a whole one yet as there so damn long

What could we do better? There isn't much to improve on, the only thing I could see is rule being made super tight to stop kos as it just seems like people could get carried away and start blasting people and explain them in great detail so people know there not allowed to

Have these events improved your RP atmosphere? I haven't turned up to one yet as I see little to no rp reason in them, in my eyes it's just free gear and I really don't care about gear at all, but if this is what makes the many happy then carry on I say

Have they only caused you grief? Nope I haven't come to one so no headache

Too much ab00se etc? There's never enough ABOOOOOOOOSE

Moose    7

What have we done well?

From what I've seen and experienced, the random encounters with both UEF and Council have been really fun and exiting. They make me want to learn more about both groups and want to figure out what the hell is going on.

What could we do better?

So far the events have been great but be careful that they don't get too repetitive. They need to keep that "did that really just happen?" factor. Like when there was the helicopter dogfights over Prud and what not. Just make sure you keep bringing new things in. For the most part I haven't heard of many people actually talking with The Council so it would be cool if there was more interaction with them instead of just those bad guys we shoot at.

Yeah I believe they have. I have had good conversations IC about all the things going and as long as there isn't a horde of other people around the role-play seems to be pretty good during these events. Also because of the recent increase in Council activity there have been a number of opportunities coming up like the resistance, and hopefully in the future there will even be groups siding with The Council (Not too many though)

Nope. The only problem so far was the cluster-fuck that was logging into S2 during the osprey event. Definitely stick to white-listed events and random, unannounced encounters.

Too much ab00se etc?

Nope. I feel like both UEF and The Council need to be better equipped than us. If they were on the same playing field as us they wouldn't seem like the big deal that they should be.