Server time: 2017-08-16, 17:45

Sign in to follow this  
Tamaster92

Tamaster's GIANT Weapon addition suggestion Part 2 - Shotguns/Rifles

Tamaster92    14

Why?

After playing this mod for months and months I am slowing growing tired of seeing the same guns over and over, as well as this I also feel the current weapon list is missing a lot on the civilian side as well as lower end military weapons, thing police would use for example.

In this thread I will be suggesting a LOT of new weapons which could be added to RP. Some are already in the files and some are not, they will be sorted by weapon type and I ask everyone to please post saying which weapons they agree/disagree with and hopefully we can get some added.

Oh and adding more weapons has the lovely side effect of making everything else slightly rarer if we add more weapons.

P.S. This thread is dedicated to shotguns and rifles (E.G. SKS)

Shotguns

Remington 870 W/Lamp & Without

djn5LK3.jpg

Link: N/A

Why add it?: No idea why it was removed to be honest. The Remington is a common shotgun throughout the world and these default ARMA 2 guns work perfectly and include both a flashlight version and a default version. More shotguns are good, police and security use these guns and another gun with a flashlight is awesome.

RP reason to exist: The Remington 870 is used around the world in police forces, militarise and PMCs. It is highly likely that quite a few would end up inside Chernarus and might even be the default shotgun for the local police force. It makes perfect sense for this gun to be here.

------------------------------------------------

L128A1

eXLaakj.jpg

Link: L128A1 Mod

Why add it?: More shotguns the better. Everyone knows shotguns are a zombies natural enemy but sadly there are not many for ARMA. This is a very militaristic shotgun which is used by the British armed forces and as such would be very rare. A very rare shotgun? That sounds awesome! It's basically a cooler looking rarer M1014.

RP reason to add: British weapons such as the L85/6 and lapua are already in the RP mod so the idea of a British shotgun isn't outside the realms of possibility. Obviously it would be rare and likely only at heli crashes but it has a great sight and does a lot of damage like every other shotgun. It would worth keeping.

Mossberg 500

dPOKuAy.jpg

Link: FFAA Mod

Why add it?: DayZRP needs more shotguns! The Mossberg 500 is another very common shotgun all over the world. It is the most popular shotgun currently in production and as such would be all over the place in Chernarus. It's another civ/police shotgun which is so needed.

RP reason to add: The Mossberg 500 would be very common in Chernarus. Both civilians and police would use it as would private security firms. It would be about as rare as any other shotguns.

Fabarm SDASS/SDASS Compact

bZlVLOm.jpg

Link: FFAA Mod

Why add it?: Another shotgun! The SDASS is a police shotgun used in Spain, Italy and a couple of other countries. As such it would be pretty damn rare in Chernarus. The main reason to add it would be to have another rare shotgun and also because it has the two variants, compact and normal.

RP reason to add: As this shotgun is not really used anywhere nearby to Chernarus the only RP reason it would exist is either through black market, or foreign forces entering Chernarus. Because of this it would be a rare shotgun maybe only spawning at tents and crashes.

Rifles

Kar98K + Variants

DxqGtJm.jpg

Link: Kar 98K Mod

Why add it?: The Kar 98K is another civilian rifle which would really add to the gear in RP as well as the actual RP itself. It is very well modeled and comes in variants including a bayonet, a grenade launcher and scoped (seen in the picture). Personally I feel the iron-sight and scoped version should be added similar to the Mosin which is already part of the mod. It adds another possibility for civilian weapon use and this is sorely needed.

RP reason to add: At the end of WW2 millions of 98Ks were captured by Russian forces and they still circulate the old soviet empire today. A 98K would be one of the most common weapons used by civilians in a country like Chernarus, for hunting, sport and defense. It is probably one of the easiest guns to explain in a RP sense out of all the ones I will suggest.

Lee Enfield scoped (L42)

wU0D3eS.jpg

Link: Project '85 Weapons

Why add it?: It's a LEE ENFIElD WITH A SCOPE. What else do you need to know?

RP reason to add: The normal Lee Enfield is already in game and this is simply a scoped version. Used for sports and hunting by civilians. It would be about as common as the mosin scoped and the aforementioned 98K.

Karabiner S

PcHAk2M.jpg

Link: German Weapon Pack 2

Why add it?: This is basically a slightly modified SKS which actually doesn't sound horrific and has a nice bolt action animation. It should be added to give another civilian rifle to use or possibly to replace the current SKS which let's be honest, is terrible.

RP reason to add: The SKS is already ingame so clearly it has a valid RP reason to exist. This is simply either a modified version or a replacement version.

M1 Garand

EY8gCKv.jpg

Why add it?: Another civilian rifle to add but one which is American in origin and has a scoped variant. It's kind of like a mosin but American. It should be added because the mod needs more civ rifles!

RP reason to add: The M1 Garand is one of the most common rifles used in WW2, not just by America. Many, many of these would of made their way into Chernarus from being captured and possibly even bought. They are often used as hunting rifles.

M1 Carbine

HmCs4Du.jpg

Why add it?: Another civilian rifle to add to the mod but one which is American in origin and fires pretty fast. It's kind of like a really old M14. It should be added because the mod needs more civ rifles!

RP reason to add: The M1 carbine is another of the most common rifles used in WW2, not just by America. Many, many of these would of made their way into Chernarus from being captured and possibly even bought.

Oh my fuck, yes please.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Love it! Especially the Lee Enfield scoped and the SKS replacement, fed up of that awful noise it makes!

All of my yes'

:jamie:

Fozzy    2

This +10000 !!! This NEEDS to be added

That L128A1 looks so badass. I would glady drop an AR for it

Frozen    45

DIDN'T EVEN READ THE TEXT SAW IMAGES YES YES YES !

Tamaster92    14

How do you find all these awesome guns ?

A lot of time spent! This one took me ~4 hours to write up and ~ 12 hours to find all the weapons and test each one.

Red    137

M1 GARAND.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!

That is my favorite all time weapon. If you do this.. I swear to god, I will find you and i will seriously give you the biggest hug ever!

Tamaster92    14

That is my favorite all time weapon. If you do this.. I swear to god, I will find you and i will seriously give you the biggest hug ever!

I forgot to mention in the OP but it has that glorious pang! when it reloads to.

Red    137

I forgot to mention in the OP but it has that glorious pang! when it reloads to.

homer_drool_1.gif

Does a scoped Winchester exist???

a million yes to the Enfield scope.

Very nice. I would love to see a sawed off double barrel to carry as a secondary or even what they call a mares leg, essentially the pistol version of the winchester.

I vote yes to all of them!

Apfelsator    2

YES TO ALL! Oh god, a M1Carbine! I love you tamaster! And it's also easy to use as far as i know so no problem in character backround. :D

ExWife    0

Of course, yes to all of these weapons. It will be nice to not see everyone with a scoped AK varient.

Andrew    0

ahhh m1 garand reminds me of the old call of duty games. I'd love to use that gun again