Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:29

Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Can i get some "escape chernarus" download help?

Question

Lucan    0

hi, I'm trying to download this mission and it was all going well, I put the unzipped folder in my Mp missions folder. Both in my documents and steam, just in case. However when i go to start the mission, i am faced with an error saying that the the mission "is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cacharacters_e"

No idea what that means. Anyone able to help?

20 answers to this question

I believe you don't need to download anything to play it. You just launch normal arma 2 oa.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I believe you don't need to download anything to play it. You just launch normal arma 2 oa.

What he said, can't remember downloading anything for it

I think you have to download the mission file to host the server - not to play on your friends, that automatically installs when you load up to their server, not too sure about this error though, let me dig into it.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

What he said, can't remember downloading anything for it

I think you have to download the mission file to host the server - not to play on your friends, that automatically installs when you load up to their server, not too sure about this error though, let me dig into it.

This, if you want to host it then you have to download something on armaholic however if a friend is hosting it then you dont have to download anything.

Also, moving to questions.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Okay, I found something, it involves something to do with the BAF expansion, so, to fix this, you need to run ArmA 2 with Operation Arrowhead Beta enabled. Get back to me about this solution, I think it is as simple as this!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Has this question been solved now Lucan?

Lucan    0

just to clear it up I'm trying to host and have downloaded what i believe is the necessary files.

Edit: Astycc, I will get back to you on that

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Download the map, and place the files in your Documents/Arma2OA/MPmissions folder.

Load up DEFAULT Operation Arrowhead Beta.

Host a server and load up the map.

That is all you need to do.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Download the mission file -> Add the files to your mpmissions folder within ArmA 2 OA folder -> Launch the ArmA 2 OA beta -> Multiplayer -> Host your own server -> Change the mission file to Escape Chernarus -> Done.

Is that what you did?

Lucan    0

Okay, I downloaded the beta, put the files in my OA mp missions folder in steam (as the folder is not in my documents. Finally i went to host the server but there was no option for Escape Chernarus

TomG    0

Are you sure you put the mission files in the right place?

Lucan    0

Okay, I found something, it involves something to do with the BAF expansion, so, to fix this, you need to run ArmA 2 with Operation Arrowhead Beta enabled. Get back to me about this solution, I think it is as simple as this!

How do i enable OA beta in arma 2? there seems to be no expansion button

Edit: TomG, I put it in the only OAMPmissions folder i have

Edit2: can someone please tell me whether this requires Arma2 OA or not.

and what about chernarus apocalypse?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

How do i enable OA beta in arma 2? there seems to be no expansion button

Edit: TomG, I put it in the only OAMPmissions folder i have

Edit2: can someone please tell me whether this requires Arma2 OA or not.

and what about chernarus apocalypse?

To enable OA you need to launch ArmA 2 OA Beta through steam, easy as that.

Lucan    0

alright, i tried that, and the error still comes up on Arma2 and i am unable to select the mission on OA and OAbeta as it does not appear.

Problem has been solved, thanks for everyone's help

Lucan    0

I removed all the files, and then redownloaded and put the file into every MPmisssion folder i could find. Not exactly a solution but it worked. I obviously put the files into the wrong place at some point, or the download didn't work

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I removed all the files, and then redownloaded and put the file into every MPmisssion folder i could find. Not exactly a solution but it worked. I obviously put the files into the wrong place at some point, or the download didn't work

Right, okay. Sorry I couldn't assist you fully with this issue, the solution I posted was the only one I could think of, apologies!

Lucan    0

Right, okay. Sorry I couldn't assist you fully with this issue, the solution I posted was the only one I could think of, apologies!

I appreciate the attempt, the OA beta was your idea, and it may not have worked without it. Thanks