Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:17
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Fozzy

Game crashes a lot :(

Question

Fozzy    2

So I looked around on the troubleshooting section, and I found a similar thread, however the solution for it which was to run the launcher as administrator did not work for me.

So this problem started today, throughout the loading in, my game suddenly crashes. I got into the game once and it crashed after about 5 minutes. This problem only started today and I had no problem with it before this.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I've also tried re-downloading the DayZRP Mod.

35 answers to this question

Fozzy    2

I've been experiencing multiple crashes today too. Seems to happen sometimes when I press "P".

I heard about that bug from my friends, but for me it is whenever I load in not P.

Bush    22

Are you talking about the loading such as when you join a server, or the loading when you start up ARMA. Because if the problem is when you start up ARMA, you could try to add the launcher parameters, which makes you skip the loading intro.

Fozzy    2

Are you talking about the loading such as when you join a server, or the loading when you start up ARMA. Because if the problem is when you start up ARMA, you could try to add the launcher parameters, which makes you skip the loading intro.

Loading into the DayZRP server after I click ok in the server list

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

I have this problem where i crash mid game, just come up with Arma 2 OA is not working

Toorrik    4

It's also happening for me and a few of my friends today, I'm sure most of them just waiting until it fixed itself but I'm currently trying a few fixes to see what works.

Fozzy    2

It's also happening for me and a few of my friends today, I'm sure most of them just waiting until it fixed itself but I'm currently trying a few fixes to see what works.

I'm looking for a few myself, I'll post here if I find anything.

brk    1

Happens to me, and as far as I know its not my game I've tried multiple mods and vanilla ARMA. Just seems to be RP.

Krimbo    0

Hmm it's a bit odd that a lot of people are getting this issue. Perhaps it could be something server side and a restart may fix your issue?

There's also a possibility it's a .pbo file that is corrupt, sometimes they can cause crashes instead of kicks. I had this problem a lot with Epoch but not with the vanilla servers.

Fozzy    2

Seemed to have fixed itself. Also I can press P and open my backpack with no crashes. Weird, guessing it was something server side. I guess this can be closed for now unless people are still having this problem.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Marking as solved and closing as it's all fixed.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Re-opening thread and unsolving as requested.

Fozzy    2

Happening again, just crashes when pressing "P" and when loading in.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I'm sure I have seen this before - I think it is a problem with someone's XML - it creates an error as far as I know, I don't know much about this, but I remember seeing this somewhere before. Best solution, just don't press P?

Fozzy    2

I'm sure I have seen this before - I think it is a problem with someone's XML - it creates an error as far as I know, I don't know much about this, but I remember seeing this somewhere before. Best solution, just don't press P?

Ir crashes when I load in. I can't even get in game

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Oh, I though you said when you press P while loading in, whoops, do you get a kick message? Or do you just get game not responding?

Fozzy    2

Oh, I though you said when you press P while loading in, whoops, do you get a kick message? Or do you just get game not responding?

Just game not responding about 1/4ths way of loading in after I press Ok at the lobby

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Just game not responding about 1/4ths way of loading in after I press Ok at the lobby

Ah, I am fairly sure I used to get this, it was something to do with Battleye, it may be the "Corrupted Data #3" problem, this is given due to a 3rd party program interrupting with Battleye, maybe that your RAM is at limit, and BE closes, or maybe a program has more priority, try this first though:

1. Go to your steam games
2. Right click "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"
3. Press "Reinstall Battleye Anti-Cheat"
4. If you got a message "Battleye Anti-Cheat was installed incorrectly this reinstall will work
5. When its reinstalled restart steam
6. Start Arma 2 OA and normally it should work then.

Also, could a GM or something find a kick message to see if my theory about the kick is correct?

Fozzy    2

Ah, I am fairly sure I used to get this, it was something to do with Battleye, it may be the "Corrupted Data #3" problem, this is given due to a 3rd party program interrupting with Battleye, maybe that your RAM is at limit, and BE closes, or maybe a program has more priority, try this first though:

4. If you got a message "Battleye Anti-Cheat was installed incorrectly this reinstall will work

Also, could a GM or something find a kick message to see if my theory about the kick is correct?

Theres no option to re-install battleeye anti-cheat

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Theres no option to re-install battleeye anti-cheat

Redownload it here then, then you can just follow the same steps as stated.

Toorrik    4

FYI, it isn't a Corrupted Data #3 Kick, Its simply "Losing connection* kick.

It might have something to do with Corrupted Data I have no idea but the kick messages are just "Client Disconnected"

18:27:08 : Player #50 X (111111111) has been kicked by BattlEye: Client not responding

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

After searching and searching, I may have found something, this seems to show something about ISP, I found other threads too, one of them being Grumby's where he also had to configure some settings with his ISP. Not too sure how to do this, never seen it have to be done before - google may be your best friend here.

Fozzy    2

After searching and searching, I may have found something, this seems to show something about ISP, I found other threads too, one of them being Grumby's where he also had to configure some settings with his ISP. Not too sure how to do this, never seen it have to be done before - google may be your best friend here.

I don't see this as being a problem. I've been playing on the same ISP same router, same setup for months and had no problem. I've only started to have this problem yesterday along with a few other people that have posted here.