Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rhinjavar

Salutations! - part two

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

Hello again, everyone!

I say "again" because I registered many moons ago but due to real life priorities I never got around to buying and playing the game (whoops!). I have since re-registered and am now here to stay as I have a copy of the game. I have been skulking about independently for a few days with my work-in-progress character, Boone Lyall. I've yet to bump into any other players (which is probably a good thing given that I haven't yet learned how everything operates here), but I'm greatly looking forward to getting involved. I've been roleplaying for years and always make an effort to carry my experiences into every new game I try - this one being no exception. So, hopefully I'll see some of you in-game soon! :)

On a side note, at the end of my session playing this past night my character clipped out from a ladder and appears to have broken his leg without the resources to make a splint. He is now stranded on the roof of an apartment building in what I believe to be the town of Chernogorsk (I scanned over a map and the layout seems very similar). I'm trying my best to keep this character alive (he's my longest lived) so I have no intention of suiciding. I also don't wish to OOCly ask for assistance as that seems kind of cheesy. Instead, I'm thinking of making an IC RP event post about any passersby seeing a man atop a rooftop in Chernogorsk, appearing to be stranded. This could involve other people who just "happen to be there" and it would serve as a way to introduce him to other characters. Hopefully whoever finds him (if they find him) is generous enough to help. If not, there could be some dramatic RP in Chernogorsk soon!

EDIT: I should note that I am playing the standalone version of the game as opposed to the mod.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

Much obliged, friend! I'll let you know if anything strikes me! :)

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

In case anyone was curious if I ever escaped the roof of the apartment building, I did. I managed to crawl down four flights of stairs in the building to the outskirts of the city, made my way along the perimeter hills and shacks, then down into an alleyway, across an open road into the city square, and finally through the side door of the hospital - all without a scratch! I had a few close calls with lingering zombies, but I was quiet and quick enough to avoid them. I've yet to make a splint as I still need a stick and a rag, but atleast I'm now in a location where I should be able to find the necessary supplies.

It was quite a nerve-racking adventure. Let this be a story of hope for anyone with a broken leg: you can crawl to safety if you're smart and lucky. :D