Server time: 2018-07-21, 09:30 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Eluxa

In Game Text Trouble

Well, I ran into some dudes in an SUV like 10 minutes ago. They asked me for ID and since I lack a working mic, I typed "*Takes out passport*" and followed with "*Offers the passport to the man*". Also when they repeated their statement of asking me for the ID I knew that something wasn't right. I wrote in an OOC manner "((Can you see my text))" and there was no response. Also I wrote that I don't have a mic, and they did not respond.

To type, I press the "/" key (the one that contains the questions mark, not the num-pad one) and then I type whatever I want. I also tried typing using the "/" key on the Num-Pad but that did not work. What am I doing wrong?

It's ArmA - You need a working mic plugged in to be able to hear people or to ensure people can see your writing in-game.

It's ArmA - You need a working mic plugged in to be able to hear people or to ensure people can see your writing in-game.

REALZ?

Funny, the whitelist app stated that a working mic is optional. And I heard them just fine, it's that they didn't really see what I wrote.

It doesn't have to be a mic. You can plug in a set of headphones or whatever - as long as it's plugged into the mic jack, it'll do the trick.

Yeah, but it's not that I could'nt hear them. It's that they probably either disregarded, or haven't seen my typed actions and chat. I just want to figure out why.

:D That's just how it is. Welcome to Arma.

The system expects something to be plugged into that jack for direct text chat to work. It's a bug. Just plug something in, (I think it) doesn't even have to have a wire attached to it, as long as there's an adapter in the jack, direct text chat will work.

You still do not need a working mic or headphones ... just something plugged into that jack.

I guarantee that the guys you were 'talking' to could not have seen your messages, because they were never transmitted due to this bug.

I also doubt people would disregard any text chat you send them, especially since you were asked for ID. You could try what everyone else is telling you above :D

Guest Pandi

Thanks guys! Much obliged! ^_^

Is this thread now solved Eluxa?