Server time: 2017-08-17, 06:05

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoxingDelta26

FRAPS Frame Drop

Question

Guest BoxingDelta26   
Guest BoxingDelta26

Hi all,

I currently have fraps running and when i normally play i get an average of 45 FPS. However, when i start to record with FRAPS i get only 8 FPS making it unplayable.

Is there any advice on what i can do?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Mush    2

Fraps is like that, it lowers FPS a lot.

I recommend getting Dxtory. That is the best recording software out there.

Guest BoxingDelta26   
Guest BoxingDelta26

Okay ill see if i can get a copy of that

It shouldn't lower it by that many frames. In FRAPS options you can set the FPS for recording, you only need 20-30 really unless you are going to do some editing or slow mo stuff.

Lower the settings of it and it should only drop it by 10 frames or so. The speed of your HDD also affects the frame drop.

Meatlunk    0

Just use Dxtory man it's ten times better. If you need a tutorial with it you can always watch the one of Jackfrags, it's pretty good. If you occur any problems you can always PM me about it.

[video=youtube]

FireMatt    1

FRAPS is very good to record with but there are some issues.

If you are playing RP with higher graphical settings then FRAPS needs to capture every single frame as you record, it does this without compressing the video file as it records and you can imagine how much stress this puts on your PC. There are some settings you can mess around with to find what suits your PC perfectly.

73sh9.jpg

That's what my Fraps is set to record with. I usually get a constant 30-40 FPS, sometimes reaching 50 if I'm out in a field or small city while recording.

You may want to limit the FPS that Fraps records at because if you force it to capture at a higher framerate it will also increase the size of the file, making your PC work even harder. (We all know ArmA is a power-sucker from PC's) In turn you could play with lower graphical settings if you intend to record.

Unfortunately everyone's PC is different and what works for me could ruin your PC or vice versa. It's just trial and error really. If you want to test it out in RP you could host a multiplayer mission with RP enabled and you could try recording in that. It's a good way to tweak your Fraps and game settings to suit you perfectly.

Kanen    108

i dont know if you solved this but heres my opinion dont use fraps and dont use DXtory use xsplit or OBS to record

Best recording device EU.

Old%2BToaster%2BOven%2B11%253A10.JPG

Fraps is terrible. Use the streaming/recording software called: Open Broadcast Software. OBS is very good, drops little to no frames and the file size is Extremly small. Usually i just record while playing RP incase something happends, looking at one of my videos wich i recorded for 1 hour and 20minutes, the file size was: 2,28 GB.

Edit: Also its FREE, and most streamers use it. The quality is do-able, and works fine if you just need it for a report or something.

If youre planning a long lasting Youtube carrier, i guess its not the best option, but definetly works.

Guest BoxingDelta26   
Guest BoxingDelta26

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided give dxtory a go so now when play and record with dxtory I get a steady 60fps which is ace. Again thanks for all your help :)