Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:36

Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Reduce the "Spread" of melee weaponry

Mace    10

Now, I'm going to preface this by saying I'm currently on a very powerful painkiller called dilaudid and that may make some of what I'm about to say nonsensical. If that's true I apologize and I'll fix this later, but since I've not actually been able to play DayZRP in a bit, I've spent my time thinking about it and what could be done to improve it.

Quivers have already been discussed and I can't wait to see what ultimately happens with them, but that is a niche concern for only a few people, though admittedly there are more now than there used to be with people trying to take them up for RP reasons. This is actually something that could apply to everyone: Lowering the "spread" of melee weapons.

Now I generally was, for a long time, a strictly melee player, and there were different bonuses and penalties to each weapon, with the hatchet being, essentially, the best because of its damage and range compared to the machete's superior damage, but lower range. Another thing that puts the machete in a lower category is the fact that, comparatively, it is much less accurate than the axe.

I'm not saying that all melee weapons should be perfectly accurate, but it seems that the hatchet, machete, and baseball bat all suffer from a rather wide spread, especially after running. I understand that it may be the view that after you're running you'd be winded and not able to fight that hard, but I've seen swings hit over a foot off of the targeting spot with a baseball bat, including being high or low.

I think that there should be a tweaking of the melee weapons so that they are a bit more accurate so that you aren't just going to get paint thrown in you rmouth when you're trying to help your buddies out in a sticky situation. I don't know if this would be something that would interest you but I don' think that it would be horrible to have it implemented because you can always have a melee weapon at the ready now. Be careful you don't get mistaken for a freshman though because there was a time that i was lyin gthe bed and these gusy came through looking and thankfully the nurse said she hadn't seen more. I'm not sure what kin of pledge would actulaly be used for th etoilet though? I wondered if it would be some blond so that he could look like the little mermaided so when she pulled the apple out she could have that big smileon her face like when Ariel and Flounder and how does Dorry even survive if that is supposed to be so deep in the ocean? I know that one deleted scene had them both flopping on the scene but I think that it's supposed to signify that they were never going to ecape the pull of their lives even as they look like the skeletops flopping around.I don't know if that was another Pixar thing trying to tie in the seuels or if they were trying to go for something else but it always confused me whenever I started to think about it.

Tredrok    1

Now, I'm going to preface this by saying I'm currently on a very powerful painkiller called dilaudid and that may make some of what I'm about to say nonsensical. If that's true I apologize and I'll fix this later, but since I've not actually been able to play DayZRP in a bit, I've spent my time thinking about it and what could be done to improve it.

Quivers have already been discussed and I can't wait to see what ultimately happens with them, but that is a niche concern for only a few people, though admittedly there are more now than there used to be with people trying to take them up for RP reasons. This is actually something that could apply to everyone: Lowering the "spread" of melee weapons.

Now I generally was, for a long time, a strictly melee player, and there were different bonuses and penalties to each weapon, with the hatchet being, essentially, the best because of its damage and range compared to the machete's superior damage, but lower range. Another thing that puts the machete in a lower category is the fact that, comparatively, it is much less accurate than the axe.

I'm not saying that all melee weapons should be perfectly accurate, but it seems that the hatchet, machete, and baseball bat all suffer from a rather wide spread, especially after running. I understand that it may be the view that after you're running you'd be winded and not able to fight that hard, but I've seen swings hit over a foot off of the targeting spot with a baseball bat, including being high or low.

I think that there should be a tweaking of the melee weapons so that they are a bit more accurate so that you aren't just going to get paint thrown in you rmouth when you're trying to help your buddies out in a sticky situation. I don't know if this would be something that would interest you but I don' think that it would be horrible to have it implemented because you can always have a melee weapon at the ready now. Be careful you don't get mistaken for a freshman though because there was a time that i was lyin gthe bed and these gusy came through looking and thankfully the nurse said she hadn't seen more. I'm not sure what kin of pledge would actulaly be used for th etoilet though? I wondered if it would be some blond so that he could look like the little mermaided so when she pulled the apple out she could have that big smileon her face like when Ariel and Flounder and how does Dorry even survive if that is supposed to be so deep in the ocean? I know that one deleted scene had them both flopping on the scene but I think that it's supposed to signify that they were never going to ecape the pull of their lives even as they look like the skeletops flopping around.I don't know if that was another Pixar thing trying to tie in the seuels or if they were trying to go for something else but it always confused me whenever I started to think about it.

Mace bud I think the forums can wait until you don't need the painkillers anymore. It was making since until halfway through the last paragraph. Hope to see you soon though man. I miss you on rp.

Rolle    2462

Posting in an epic thread. We need mermaids on DayZRP and I like chocolate cookies.

Oxx    0

Wait?

"so when she pulled the apple out she could have that big smile on her face like when Ariel and Flounder and how does Dorry even survive if that is supposed to be so deep in the ocean?"

Pulled the apple out? Where? What?

:)

Apfelsator    2

I wondered if it would be some blond so that he could look like the little mermaided so when she pulled the apple out she could have that big smileon her face like when Ariel and Flounder and how does Dorry even survive if that is supposed to be so deep in the ocean?

I allways knew you were a discordian!

Eris-apple.jpg

how does Dorry even survive if that is supposed to be so deep in the ocean?

eJIn0.gif

Mace, try and bring some of that stuff you are on back home.

Bwahahaha, I can't breathe!

This will be remembered. Forever. #cutforreducedspread #howdoesdorrysurvive? #questions #mystery

Mace    10

...I do not remember typing this thread whatsoever. I'm so sorry.

Mace    10

They're giving me more of this drug (Dilaudid) in pill form to take home. I'll try to keep my topics...Intelligible. <.

Oxx    0

Please sticky "Mace's drugged up rants about life"!!!!

Do it!

That first post went from "Uhumm..." to "AWWWW YYYEEEESSSS!" pretty quickly. :)

BTW. I was on hydromorphone too when I accidentally cut off my thumb. It was the only time I really understood what David Lynch's Mulholland Drive was about...

Mace    10

It does not help that I just got my latest dose kicking in. I'm just going to leave this page alone for while so people can discuss it.

Edit: I showed this to my fiancee when she got to the hospital. She looked at me and asked me if I was serious or if I staged it. I don't think she believed me for a moment.

Onionjack    0

...I do not remember typing this thread whatsoever. I'm so sorry.

No need to be Mace, you saved my morning today, thanks! :D

Mace    10

I'm sorry to say I'm home now and on much lower grade painkillers. I may still be a bit loopy, but no more nonsensical rambling.