Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Frisia

Fleeing in a Firefight Zone

Question

Frisia    8

If you are getting shot at in an active firefight zone and then Leave the area instead of getting to cover and get killed while fleeing is it considert KOS or Legit kill cause you are in a Active firefight zone?

21 answers to this question

Thumper    0

It would depend on the circumstances. Did you happen to hear shots and go toward them? Did firefight erupt around you? Did you hear an initiation? There is a thousand things to consider before answer I gave yes or no to this question.

Frisia    8

You Stopped along a man who is involved into a firefight and you yourself get shot at directly (Mis-indetification)

How about that kind situation

Novac    1

even if you run at the firefight unarmed screaming kill me over direct my days at altar have proved without a valid initiation its always kos

Frisia    8

Most likely a KOS by misidentification, yes.

and what if you hide behind cover out of reaction bieng shot at closely and then get killed?

Thumper    0

even if you run at the firefight unarmed screaming kill me over direct my days at altar have proved without a valid initiation its always kos

What? If I am in a firefight and you come in armed, unarmed or naked screaming 'kill me kill me' I'll kill you. No problem. Is it KOS? Not really. Not in my eyes. You were either trolling heavily, or I had your express permission to kill you.

Novac    1

Quoting the rules here:

"confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk KoS."

Thumper    0

and what if you hide behind cover out of reaction bieng shot at closely and then get killed?

A smart person takes cover under fire. The situation hasn't changed.

alexnedea    0

I think it depends on your skin and many more things. Like are you taking firing positions or keeping your gun lowered, are you prone ? Most important i think it's the way you look. If you look just like the enemy in the middle of a firefight zone getting cover behind trees with your gun not lowered...well they will prolly try and fire some warning shots at you

Frisia    8

A smart person takes cover under fire. The situation hasn't changed.

I know enought thanks alot for your awnsers we can close this now.

Novac    1

What? If I am in a firefight and you come in armed, unarmed or naked screaming 'kill me kill me' I'll kill you. No problem. Is it KOS? Not really. Not in my eyes. You were either trolling heavily, or I had your express permission to kill you.

Obviously i gave an extremely over exaggerated example but just because someones in "a firefight zone" you cant randomly kill them. If you disagree with that Thumper, then I believe I have been wrongly banned multiple times.

Thumper    0

Obviously i gave an extremely over exaggerated example but just because someones in "a firefight zone" you cant randomly kill them. If you disagree with that Thumper, then I believe I have been wrongly banned multiple times.

I believe solely in the circumstances. The KOS rule is black and white. Which I like. But the circumstances are the grey area we have to figure out. Say I am in a firefight. Multiple shots..nonstop. No way a random person would think otherwise. My targets are all confirmed in a certain skin. My clan mate gets killed from behind and I see the same skin crouch walking behind his body and shoot. Guy was a random. Am I truely Guilty of KOS?

alexnedea    0

I believe solely in the circumstances. The KOS rule is black and white. Which I like. But the circumstances are the grey area we have to figure out. Say I am in a firefight. Multiple shots..nonstop. No way a random person would think otherwise. My targets are all confirmed in a certain skin. My clan mate gets killed from behind and I see the same skin crouch walking behind his body and shoot. Guy was a random. Am I truely Guilty of KOS?

Says a Gamemaster xDDDD

Thumper    0

Says a Gamemaster xDDDD

Read what I wrote and answer my question. That's what GMs face every day.

Voodoo    487

I think it depends on your skin and many more things. Like are you taking firing positions or keeping your gun lowered, are you prone ? Most important i think it's the way you look. If you look just like the enemy in the middle of a firefight zone getting cover behind trees with your gun not lowered...well they will prolly try and fire some warning shots at you

I agree the way you are acting and the gun raised and lowered do make a difference but for the skin.. Lets be honest almost everyone has a camo styled skin as they are popular and are the main skins you can get in the exchange (Cut4civskins :P ) your skin shouldn't mean being killed or such. During a firefight both parties should identify targets this also includes numbers or targets, movements, if other persons come into the area and such.

Novac    1

by the rules, yes.

My turn at hypotheticals, your guarding a certain castle on a hill, shots are coming from every direction. the attackers are three clans in any and all skins, three men sprint towards the front gate, guns raised. you shoot one in the leg and one in the chest then stop to see how they react. they turn and run away. later on it tuns out they were here because they wanted to "help defend" but didn't bother telling anyone they where coming. Are you guilty of RDM?

alexnedea    0

Read what I wrote and answer my question. That's what GMs face every day.

I know it's hard. I really don't know what to think. One thing i learned from my last report...if you are unsure RUN FOR YOUR ACCOUNT!!. In a more serious matter, that is why I believe Settlements were a good asset, because when you initiated on a settlement you could clearly say :"Any civilian inside that has a gun after 2 minutes will be shot on sight." That way nobody gets banned and civ's don't get randomly killed.

On your thing tho: Depends on what shots you heard really if he seems like holding the weapon which matches the sounds...and he was in the direction of the gunfire as well, well i think there are too many coincidences really...but that might be wrong and I may be talking total bullshit here :)

Thumper    0

by the rules, yes.

My turn at hypotheticals, your guarding a certain castle on a hill, shots are coming from every direction. the attackers are three clans in any and all skins, three men sprint towards the front gate, guns raised. you shoot one in the leg and one in the chest then stop to see how they react. they turn and run away. later on it tuns out they were here because they wanted to "help defend" but didn't bother telling anyone they where coming. Are you guilty of RDM?

Truthfully no..with evidence supporting certain aspects. Personally I'd have killed them all and took my chances. But that's me. I have never hid the fact that I will kill anyone I view as a threat. If I am wrong I will take a ban like anyone else.

Rules are there for a reason. They need to be followed. But if you make a mistake then you better be willing to accept the punishment or provide evidence supporting your claim. It's not a perfect system. But it's what we have to work with.

alexnedea    0

I agree the way you are acting and the gun raised and lowered do make a difference but for the skin.. Lets be honest almost everyone has a camo styled skin as they are popular and are the main skins you can get in the exchange (Cut4civskins :P ) your skin shouldn't mean being killed or such. During a firefight both parties should identify targets this also includes numbers or targets, movements, if other persons come into the area and such.

That is why, starting when my ban goes away, I will not shoot unless he fired shots...if I see him firing shots he's toast, if not, I'll just wait for something to happen or just leave and not take the risk of a ban for killing a civ when there is really no need to.

Novac    1

by the rules, yes.

Truthfully no..with evidence supporting certain aspects. Personally I'd have killed them all and took my chances. But that's me. I have never hid the fact that I will kill anyone I view as a threat. If I am wrong I will take a ban like anyone else.

Rules are there for a reason. They need to be followed. But if you make a mistake then you better be willing to accept the punishment or provide evidence supporting your claim. It's not a perfect system. But it's what we have to work with.

And we've found the real issue, according to the opinion of the GM that gave me my verdict That was RDM, Report verdicts aren't dictated by rules like they should be, too much discretion is used where it isn't needed and staff seem to all have different verdicts on the same kind of reports, i could find 5 reports with the same reason for report and circumstances just a different OP and suspect and every time a different verdict.

Thumper    0

by the rules, yes.

And we've found the real issue, according to the opinion of the GM that gave me my verdict That was RDM, Report verdicts aren't dictated by rules like they should be, too much discretion is used where it isn't needed and staff seem to all have different verdicts on the same kind of reports, i could find 5 reports with the same reason for report and circumstances just a different OP and suspect and every time a different verdict.

We all are drastically different and one GM does not decide a verdict. It's at least three, most of the time more. Depends on who is online and available when someone works on them. But yes. You will find similar reports with different outcomes usually because of evidence or circumstances.

If we didn't accept that, and just followed what the rules say blindly...we wouldn't have a playbase.

Closing as requested...we derailed enough for the day. PM me with any questions or concerns.