Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:28

Sign in to follow this  
Houlton

Arma 2 OA Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Question

Houlton    3

When launching Arma 2 OA only I get the following error: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I don't get the error when launching RP, any DayZ mod, regular Arma 2 or the beta, any ideas?

I can post any other details if you think you need them.

EDIT: I have tried to reinstall the game, verify the game cache, and deleting the Arma OA and Arma 2 OA files in the registry

11 answers to this question

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Try verifying the game cache.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Try:

SOLUTION 1: Update your DirectX driver. Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX 9.

SOLUTION 2: Close Steam and run it as administrator.

I think this requires a full uninstall of ARMA 2 OA according to some of the sites iv just scoped out

Houlton    3

Try:

SOLUTION 1: Update your DirectX driver. Make sure you have the latest version of DirectX 9.

SOLUTION 2: Close Steam and run it as administrator.

Neither of these seem to be working either

I think this requires a full uninstall of ARMA 2 OA according to some of the sites iv just scoped out

Done it, uninstalled and reinstalled both Arma 2 and OA

Slute    1

Right click both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA in your steam library and click delete local content.

Next delete everything Arma, go into Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common and delete that folder. Also locate the Arma 2 folder in the documents as well.

Once you have done this, run steam as administrator and install Arma 2, Run Arma 2 and make sure it works correctly. Then install Arma 2 OA and do the same.

This should work, good luck!

Houlton    3

Right click both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA in your steam library and click delete local content.

Next delete everything Arma, go into Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common and delete that folder. Also locate the Arma 2 folder in the documents as well.

Once you have done this, run steam as administrator and install Arma 2, Run Arma 2 and make sure it works correctly. Then install Arma 2 OA and do the same.

Still getting the same error

mantispro13    0

Still getting the same error

Try deleting the Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA documents in the documents library.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Slute say this.

Houlton    3

Can this be marked as solved found a solution from a different place,

If others run into this problem what you need to do is add this into the launch parameters

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca"))

Keep the quotation marks in

Thanks to all of you who offered help!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Marking as solved, glad you found a fix man!

Mer8771    0

Just go to Libraries\Documents and delete the two arma 2 folders in there. Second way it to go to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents and delete them that way. Worked for my family and I.