Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:44

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

"Remove Silencer" removes gun

Question

Nihoolious    1122

So I had an M9SD that I had grabbed from a dead council member the previous day. I had run out of M9SD ammo (technically it deleted), and I noticed an option when right clicking it that said "Remove Silencer"

h2CwdPW.png

I had "Successfully removed silencer" only to open my gear and notice that the M9SD had disappeared. I looked around to see if it had been dropped which was not the case.

esvTNLV.png

Not sure if this is a known bug or what, but I couldn't find anything regarding it on the forums so this thread was born.

4 answers to this question

I think this was caused because you didn't actually put the silencer on yourself. Perhaps this only happens to naturally spawned silenced weapons. Thanks for bringing this up.

Dax    116

This happens whenever you salvage a part from a weapon, It deletes the pistol but keeps the silencer and is entirely normal, I'm guessing the pistol being deleted is an actual DayZ bug so not much we can do im afraid.

Nihoolious    1122

Well, just wanted to point it out. If the devs could work on it, it would be nice but if it is out of their control.

RIP council M9SD and RIP silencer which was stolen from my bag minutes later. Mark as solved, close or do what you wish for this thread.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Marking as solved and closing as OP requested.