Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dora

Official Live stream sticky thread

Would you like to have a designated area for live streams?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a designated area for live streams?

• Yes
    • No

Dora    0

Seeing as people are live streaming more and more, I thought that having an official sticky thread (Or drop down box under media) would make sense. These live stream channels would only be used to DayZRP/DayZ Standalone. Here is a rough draft.

Requirements -

200 Posts on the forums
Low warning percent level
Having a dedicated stream just for DayZRP

Rules -

16+ Content (No inappropriate content)
No advertising other communities/servers.
Live Stream must contain only DayZRP content. (Exceptions with flash games such as Mario or Sonic)
No screamers / Trolling
Anything that will break current [url=http://www.dayzrp.com/rules.php]server rules[/url].

Failure to follow these rules will end up in your stream being removed from DayZRP website and warning points on forum / ban.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Don't think it's a good idea to force RP only channels

I'd say yes, but allow channels with multiple contents to apply, and show them live on here only when they're playing on RP.

Dora    0

low warning level? why?

Trust reasons. Somebody with a very high warning level would be less trust worthy than a person with very low / no warning points.

Daniel    2

low warning level? why?

Trust reasons. Somebody with a very high warning level would be less trust worthy than a person with very low / no warning points.

i don't see how that has something to do if he/she is allowed into streaming. Under that conditions i support no altough i liked it

Major Tom    88

Hmm, I like to stream other DayZ mods and other games such as Gmod from time to time. Would be annoying to be forced in to only playing RP.

Dora    0

Hmm, I like to stream other DayZ mods and other games such as Gmod from time to time. Would be annoying to be forced in to only playing RP.

It would be a whole new account that you would be creating. Just for DayZRP. You're main live stream would be unaffected.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

It would be a whole new account that you would be creating. Just for DayZRP. You're main live stream would be unaffected.

But DayZRP is not THAT popular to dedicate whole channels to it. There are not gonna be many people to watch, most of the people that are interested in it are already accepted and playing. I don't see why current channels can't be used!

Dora    0

But DayZRP is not THAT popular to dedicate whole channels to it. There are not gonna be many people to watch, most of the people that are interested in it are already accepted and playing. I don't see why current channels can't be used!

True, but most 9/10 live streams will have 1-3 viewers. Nobody will know about the persons live stream. Having a dedicated area for people to show off their stream would allow people who are waiting to get white listed / people who are bored actually watch people who are just playing DayZRP. This will guarantee that what you want to watch is there.

Khardia    0

No, I don't believe it's a good idea.

Here are my points :

• Who would monitor all of this?
  • If the streamer gets bored of streaming DayZRP/DayZ standalone, he couldn't switch game without switching account?
  • We already have a "media" section on the forums where people can announce they are streaming.

Don't get me wrong. I am 100% encouraging people to stream their DayZRP sessions. Though, I feel like we already have all the necessary tools for people that want to stream DayZRP to stream it.

Also, forcing people into making "alt-twitch accounts" just to stream one game seems wrong to me.

I'm not speaking here as an admin, but this is my opinion.

TLDR resume : I feel like we already have enough options for streamers to announce/promote the fact they are streaming. Also, I believe we do not have the manpower in staff nor the twitch tools to really monitor what people are streaming (if they are only streaming DayZRP/DayZ standalone). I, basically, think it's fine the way it is: media section of the forums is enough. If anyone is interested into watching DayZRP streams, he/she can search in this section.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

True, but most 9/10 live streams will have 1-3 viewers. Nobody will know about the persons live stream. Having a dedicated area for people to show off their stream would allow people who are waiting to get white listed / people who are bored actually watch people who are just playing DayZRP. This will guarantee that what you want to watch is there.

I still don't see why not just "upgrade" what many people are doing now, post on the media thread when they're going live.

Just make a "DayZRP accepted Streams" , or something like that, sticky thread where people will post "I'm live at blah.blah/blah" when they stream RP. Promoting other games/mods on that thread would result in warning points, bans etc.

So, instead of having our idividual "live on RP" threads, we could just post on the sticky, and NOT post anything when we play something else.

That's how I see it, personaly, I stream games, and I stream RP. I wouldn't make another channel or use mine only for RP though. forcing DayZRP only it's kinda unnesesary IMO

Here are my points :

• If the streamer gets bored of streaming DayZRP/DayZ standalone, he couldn't switch game without switching account?
  • We already have a "media" section on the forums where people can announce they are streaming.

Don't get me wrong. I am 100% encouraging people to stream their DayZRP sessions. Though, I feel like we already have all the necessary tools for people that want to stream DayZRP to stream it.

Also, forcing people into making "alt-twitch accounts" just to stream one game seems wrong to me.

TLDR resume : I feel like we already have enough options for streamers to announce/promote the fact they are streaming. Also, I believe we do not have the manpower in staff nor the twitch tools to really monitor what people are streaming (if they are only streaming DayZRP/DayZ standalone). I, basically, think it's fine the way it is: media section of the forums is enough. If anyone is interested into watching DayZRP streams, he/she can search in this section.

I agree tbh

Macbrine    140

Here are my points :

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

and

Everyone wanting to stream DayZRP in that section would have to make whole new accounts to only stream DayZRP? Nein, Nein, Nein