Server time: 2017-10-23, 00:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
ShadowDrakgon

What weapons do you want to see in SA

Hey everyone so what weapons do you want to see in the SA? Do you want a certain weapon back from the mod or maybe a completely new weapon,you guys decide!

Jamesy    0

Mk 48 Mod 0. Definitely! For now I'm really enjoying the guns though. Where there isn't so many rare guns you're kids happy with what you get I guess?

All what I wanted to be in there is already in ^^ SKS + Mosin.

This game need some proper AK, and what more, 1 sniper rifle. Mosin is sadly not a good thing, at this. Also, I guess, some proper shotgun would be fine.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

An op-as-fuck AA-12 and generaly MOAR shotguns!

Oh, also something explosive!

Mace    10

I don't want to see katanas because I hate the fanboygasms that people have over them without actually knowing much about how they operate as weapons. Machetes, axes, maybe even entrenching tools you can use as melee weapons would be pretty badass. Different compound crossbows, with and without sights, and long bows like people have stated here would be great. I think it might be interesting to have household items being low-grade melee weaponry: Kitchen knives, butcher's cleavers, golf clubs, and the like could be found in residential districts and serve as new spawn weapons until someone finds a higher grade weapon like a fireman's axe. Personally I'd like to see a pulaski tool because it's a mean as fuck version of a fireman's axe, but it's more of a cosmetic change and I know those aren't exactly going to be high priority.

Valkerion    0

I think some Improvised melee weapons would be nice like a Lawnmower blade or a lead pipe with some barbed wire on it hell id even go as far as running up to a tree and be able to grab a stick to hit zombies with.

Maybe even include throwing weapons for example you could run up to a reasonably sized rock pick up and bash a zombie's head in with it or throw it at them for damage or to create distraction noise.

Guns wise id like to see more civilian grade weapons .22 caliber sporting rifles for example hell maybe you could find an air rifle or something not particularly lethal but you wouldnt exactly want to get shot in the face by one either.

Guest Daniel Millar   
Guest Daniel Millar

Some good ol' fashioned communist grade Kalashnikovs, and it's variants, would be nice.

dave_owns    0

I think some Improvised melee weapons would be nice like a Lawnmower blade or a lead pipe with some barbed wire on it hell id even go as far as running up to a tree and be able to grab a stick to hit zombies with.

Maybe even include throwing weapons for example you could run up to a reasonably sized rock pick up and bash a zombie's head in with it or throw it at them for damage or to create distraction noise.

Guns wise id like to see more civilian grade weapons .22 caliber sporting rifles for example hell maybe you could find an air rifle or something not particularly lethal but you wouldnt exactly want to get shot in the face by one either.

I see what you mean. Sort of like in "The Last Of Us", where you can create and craft nearly any sort of melee weapon.

BeastMade    0

few military grade weapons, bunch of civilian grade weapons. Maybe m14 at the moment

glowreef    0

I'd like to see more improvised armor and uses for duct tape.

Tear a book cover off, wrap the pages around your arms and use duct tape to rig some 'bite proof' armor. Ballistic helmets show they've put thought into armor already, so shouldn't be that hard to make similar disposable rigged versions for various body locations.

Duct tape + knife + stick = spear?

Traps would be awesome too. One of the Walking Dead episodes had a small town that was rigged with hundreds of homemade anti personnel/zombie traps. Makes perfect sense too, you could rig that sort of thing up to limit entry or exit from a defended point.

Personally though, less military loot. To me the game is a lot more fun when high grade weapons are scarce and ammo is hard to find. It gets slightly silly when every person you meet has a high power assault rifle. Some of that maybe fixed by items being damaged when you're shot though.

I'd like to see more improvised armor and uses for duct tape.

Tear a book cover off, wrap the pages around your arms and use duct tape to rig some 'bite proof' armor. Ballistic helmets show they've put thought into armor already, so shouldn't be that hard to make similar disposable rigged versions for various body locations.

Duct tape + knife + stick = spear?

Traps would be awesome too. One of the Walking Dead episodes had a small town that was rigged with hundreds of homemade anti personnel/zombie traps. Makes perfect sense too, you could rig that sort of thing up to limit entry or exit from a defended point.

Personally though, less military loot. To me the game is a lot more fun when high grade weapons are scarce and ammo is hard to find.

I like the armor idea since it would stop you from being KoS'ed but I think you should fall down if you've been shot with a high caliber bullet and they should have diff rent types of armor.

glowreef    0
I like the armor idea since it would stop you from being KoS'ed but I think you should fall down if you've been shot with a high caliber bullet and they should have diff rent types of armor.

Makes sense. Apparently the ballistic helmet currently in SA will save you from a headshot, but still has a high chance of causing enough shock to KO you, so the mechanics are there just need to expand them to other items.

Maybe a kick function when holding a melee weapon for some top notch melee combat.

Texas532    0

I would love to see some body armor at the moment I get killed quickly which ruins the game.

I would love to see a greater variety of melee weapons, swords, battle axes, spears, tomahawks, etc. I want to see a variety of swords as well with different hilt wraps (for katanas) and just different swords in general. Also you could potentially find swords without sheathes which makes it so that you can only carry them in your hands.

I would love to see more civilian guns and a couple more military weapons, but less military weapons than civilian.

I would love to see some body armor at the moment I get killed quickly which ruins the game.

I would love to see a greater variety of melee weapons, swords, battle axes, spears, tomahawks, etc. I want to see a variety of swords as well with different hilt wraps (for katanas) and just different swords in general. Also you could potentially find swords without sheathes which makes it so that you can only carry them in your hands.

I would love to see more civilian guns and a couple more military weapons, but less military weapons than civilian.

Agreed and WAY MORE HAND GUNS

glowreef    0

The military weapons should be around, just rare and harder to load up on ammo.

That forces the military weapons to be both a prize others would hunt you for and a real threat. Imagine being in Guba with 6 guys around a fire, all armed with hand cannons and fire axes. The guy who walks up with a M4 is both an impressive threat and a prime target.

Unlike the mod (at least back when I played the mod), where everyone had easy access to hardcore weapons and an abundance of ammo. Having 10+ guys with LMGs just chilling around the Free Medic camp, suddently LMGs were not that impressive anymore.

The military weapons should be around, just rare and harder to load up on ammo.

That forces the military weapons to be both a prize others would hunt you for and a real threat. Imagine being in Guba with 6 guys around a fire, all armed with hand cannons and fire axes. The guy who walks up with a M4 is both an impressive threat and a prime target.

Unlike the mod (at least back when I played the mod), where everyone had easy access to hardcore weapons and an abundance of ammo. Having 10+ guys with LMGs just chilling around the Free Medic camp, suddently LMGs were not that impressive anymore.

Agreed I think they should also add weapon packs for server owners/admin can choose weapon packs to add in and take away so this way in he DayZRP server a western clan comes from the USA and lets just say its the Rangers. Admin could add in the western military pack with different types of M4 attachments and other western weapons and when that clan/group dies out or leaves admins take away the weapon pack making it harder to find. Even though this may sound far fetched I think its a good way instead of waiting for them to add loads of different guns and having there being tons of military weapons and low amounts of civilian weapons.