Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:02
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
bond722

Radios

bond722    0

Ok so as i understand it in the standalone the radios can be used to talk on different frequenzies in game. My suggestion for when the standalone is ready to play is that we DONT use teamspeak but instead use the radios ingame to talk in squads etc.

think this would really amp up the realism in game and create a better rp.

Mush    2

No.

Simply because, there are -to my understanding- a limited number of frequencies, comms would be worse than the BHM's.

Although, it does amp the realism as you said, plus it'd be funny to hear what people are saying.

It's not implementable though, we cannot stop people from using TS.

bond722    0

I mean when the server is up and running for full rp we could use that idea, and since we would be running a mod anyways we could add more frequencies. Feel that it would also amp up the tension of using the radio in game. now if you get robbed you can tell you team before they take the radio, if you would try on the standalone they would hear you.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I would love it if it was possible to do it, and restrict the use of Teamspeak, but it's something that is completely impossible because you can't moderate it. It's something that is outside of the admin teams power, and separate from the game itself.

comms would be worse than the BHM's.

I've seen Major Tom's stream, and I don't think it's possible :D

Mush    2

comms would be worse than the BHM's.

I've seen Major Tom's stream, and I don't think it's possible :D

Watch it, dragon! ;)

*Cough* ACRE *Cough*

To be honest, I just want ACRE so that we can actually use whisper in settlements. Being able to go into a corner and talk to just one person instead of shouting across the whole settlement.

If there was a way to simply have that feature of ACRE, that would be great.

Mush    2

*Cough* ACRE *Cough*

To be honest, I just want ACRE so that we can actually use whisper in settlements. Being able to go into a corner and talk to just one person instead of shouting across the whole settlement.

This.

I'd love this, you wouldn't have people 60 meters away hearing you whilst you whisper.

Apfelsator    2

*Cough* ACRE *Cough*

This would be really nice indeed, trying to catch some people talking to each other would be much more difficult then too.

Daniel    2

Ok so as i understand it in the standalone the radios can be used to talk on different frequenzies in game. My suggestion for when the standalone is ready to play is that we DONT use teamspeak but instead use the radios ingame to talk in squads etc.

think this would really amp up the realism in game and create a better rp.

I think it should be decided by every individual. I am sure people will use it. But in firefights ts is just better and how do you want to controll it anyway? There is still skype, private ts servers and so on. You cant force people.

What I'd like to see is a frequency replacing a side channel. And if you dont wannt it to be turned on turn radio off.

What I'd like to see is a frequency replacing a side channel. And if you dont wannt it to be turned on turn radio off.

Aye, the radios on SA do that. So that is something to look forward to.