Server time: 2017-10-19, 10:43
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Cid

Battle at Lake Prud: BoS vs CRA. The POV of an innocent bystander.

Cid    333

So I've been apart of DayZRP for a long time. Despite all of my time here, I haven't really ever been involved in a firefight. Well that changed today. An interesting situation popped up when BoS initiated on a lone man at Lake Prud. Normally, I would leave the area and let the chaos slowly roll in while I'm not there. This time was different though. Something kept me there. Maybe it was the fact that it wasn't a full camp initiation, maybe it was just my curiosity getting the best of me. The point being: I stayed.

The sheer amount of roleplay despite the tense situation and the building firefight was great. I honestly wasn't expecting the situation turn out the way it did. The pre-firefight build-up was really intense and the roleplay was also very nice between both parties. Mad props to BoS for roleplaying all the way through the firefight, despite all of the rockets that came in/around our little barn that we were all huddled in.

Gotta also give props to the CRA as well. I think the situation would have been much more interesting if the negotiator had come down and talked for a little bit and THEN shit hit the fan, but still, very nice job. Even listening to the small bits and pieces of RP after the firefight had ended was nice. It gave a nice ending to all of the RP leading up to and during the firefight.

Finally, I have to give props to Chernov (I hope I spelt that right and I hope that was what your last name was). It was truly an awesome moment and I feel that you were the man who made it feel so awesome. After typing all of this I can say that you were the reason that I wanted to stay. You made that entire situation interesting and kept me intrigued. I'm glad I was able to stay alive during all of that and watch your story develop. Seriously, thank you.

I have the entire thing recorded (minus 5 or so minutes where I didn't notice I wasn't recorded, but I don't think anything major happened then) and I might edit the footage and show the battle from my POV. I guess it really depends on how the quality of the audio is, because I used Shadowplay and my audio has messed up quite a bit with it. I hoping everything is alright with it.

Fozzy    2

Glad you enjoyed man! Had DXTORY open the whole time but didn't think of hitting the record button :( I was flying the chopper so when those RPGs hit, it looked SOO awesome!

Cid    333

Glad you enjoyed man! Had DXTORY open the whole time but didn't think of hitting the record button :( I was flying the chopper so when those RPGs hit, it looked SOO awesome!

I honestly wasn't expecting RPG's. I was a little confused at the sound of the first shot until there was an explosion in my face, proceeded by 2 more. Made everything a bit more exciting.

Fozzy    2

I honestly wasn't expecting RPG's. I was a little confused at the sound of the first shot until there was an explosion in my face, proceeded by 2 more. Made everything a bit more exciting.

Should of brought the other 2 rounds *cries*

Nihoolious    1248

If RPGs couldn't kill us, nothing can. Except glitches, that killed a few of us. Full firefight POV coming soon with much wow

Cid    333

If RPGs couldn't kill us, nothing can. Except glitches, that killed a few of us. Full firefight POV coming soon with much wow

Good. Now I don't have to upload the entire thing with my crappy internet. :D

SweetJoe    389

I was going to shoot down that bird once i had confirmation of a watcher fatality. I decided against it. >=-*

materiel    0

The rpg's were hillarious, made us panic like hell!

the 3rd was the worst... Devin, one of our guys, was like "theres never more than two rockets" then we all started laughing at him on teamspeak xD

oh, and my part in this was the guy who flanked you with the mosin but then failed to hit anything <- i suck xD

but this was indeed very fun :)

Fozzy    2

I was going to shoot down that bird once i had confirmation of a watcher fatality. I decided against it. >=-*

You wish ! :D I too pro pilot.

SweetJoe    389

You would of went down. But its hardly worth arguing about. >=-*

Cool beans though, and thanks for letting us pick him up.

Fozzy    2

You would of went down. But its hardly worth arguing about. >=-*

Cool beans though, and thanks for letting us pick him up.

Yeah, yeah :) Pretty fun, hope you guys enjoyed too. I don't know how the watcher died but hope it was worth it :P

SweetJoe    389

yall unloaded on him right after initiation. were watchers bro, we know everything.

((ive got a smile on my face. were all good.))

kyoto    4

CRA has everything man. RPGs, Helis, Machine guns. It was crazy, I was trying to make the BoS surrender, but they wanted to fight.

Owen    14

Was there any one recording this at the time?

Ego    1

I shot down a CLF heli with an RPG before, good times! :D

Burgz    6

Was there any one recording this at the time?

I also would like to see this firefight.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I really can't wait to see that video man, I shot two rockets in to the barn and one in to the dock house, I would love to see the hit logs and kill logs for that. :D

Brilliant firefight, no rules broken from your end or our end, best firefight I have had in a long time. The roleplay was also really good.

I can't believe that Old Man jumped in your car whilst you were so close to it and he even was stealing from it as well.

I saw a completely different side to BoS yesterday, I'm really impressed.

Thank you.

Cid    333

There will be a video. I'm not sure how much I'll upload thanks to my terrible internet, but I think someone else from CRA had recorded the entire thing. I'll make sure the get the RPG's hitting the barn, that's for sure.

Max Simons    9

Enjoy!

-Snipy Snipy Video-

i would have been rattled after dying like that! Good video though the firefight seemed like it was loads of fun!

Autumn    127

This has to be one of the most intense firefights I have ever seen. I missed it by all of thirty minutes! Good job with communication and keeping cool under insurmountable odds. Major props to all who participated in it.

Chernov    0

O: I am famous! Thanks for the kind words about me and yes you spelled Chernov correct :P This was one of my all time best moments on rp :)

Finally, I have to give props to Chernov (I hope I spelt that right and I hope that was what your last name was). It was truly an awesome moment and I feel that you were the man who made it feel so awesome. After typing all of this I can say that you were the reason that I wanted to stay. You made that entire situation interesting and kept me intrigued. I'm glad I was able to stay alive during all of that and watch your story develop. Seriously, thank you.

Oh stawp it you :P (fail quote is fail)