Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Melf

Are there alternatives to ingame-Voip?

Melf    0

First of all I am new in this forum. So please excuse me, if I didn't search enough for this topic, but i couldn't find it till now.

I like to roleplay with a group of about a dozen people in the past and we quiet had a lot of fun till now. But something, that bothers me more and more is the extremly bad audio-quality of the DayZ-voice chat.

So in ARMA 2 and the DayZ-mod we used Mumble as alternative. But it's positional audio doesn't work in the DayZ standalone till now.

So my question is: Are there any alternative to DayZ-voicechat with better quality and of course positional audio as well?

In the normal DayZ-forum it doesn't seems to be a topic. So I thought, you as roleplayers are annoyed by the bad voip as well and found a solution already. :)

Ego    1

First of all I am new in this forum. So please excuse me, if I didn't search enough for this topic, but i couldn't find it till now.

I like to roleplay with a group of about a dozen people in the past and we quiet had a lot of fun till now. But something, that bothers me more and more is the extremly bad audio-quality of the DayZ-voice chat.

So in ARMA 2 and the DayZ-mod we used Mumble as alternative. But it's positional audio doesn't work in the DayZ standalone till now.

So my question is: Are there any alternative to DayZ-voicechat with better quality and of course positional audio as well?

In the normal DayZ-forum it doesn't seems to be a topic. So I thought, you as roleplayers are annoyed by the bad voip as well and found a solution already. :)

There is ACRE which makes voice chat soooo much better in every way, but the majority don't want it, sadly.

Red    256

There is ACRE which makes voice chat soooo much better in every way, but the majority don't want it, sadly.

Why not? What's bad about ACRE thats making people not wanting it in DayzRP?

Ego    1

Most people say no, because it means they can't talk causally to friends whilst playing it, which is more than fair enough.

Apfelsator    2

Why not? What's bad about ACRE thats making people not wanting it in DayzRP?

I could think that the most of the people think it is too complicated to install...wich i would agree.

Even if i like the features it gives, i couldn't get it to work after one hour of trying it.

Melf    0

Thanks for your replies.

I tried to use ACRE on my DayZ-SA, but it seems, it does only support ARMA 2 and mods.

Am I correct or just to dump to install it on DayZ-SA?