Server time: 2017-08-17, 06:06

Sign in to follow this  
GingerHippo

Diary of 'Flare' (My new friend)

GingerHippo    4

Diary of how I met 'Flare' the dog

Group photo of Flare and ISOA members

HoP6kl3.png

Well, today has been rather surprising. I found a dog who didn't seem to have an owner at Prud Lake during the night, he is a German Shepard and looks like an average age and surprisingly, he looks healthy. More healthy than most humans nowadays. So, the story begins of how myself "Josef Averin" met The German Shepard who is now known as "Flare".

I woke up at around 8am this morning and started to make my way to Prud Lake in a chance of protecting it like my daily duties usually are by becoming a tree and also having a good chance of talking to people who travel to Prud in aid of finding kind survivors who are looking to join groups or trade supplies with each other in order to survive these cruel worlds. After a some hours, I traveled around for a bit going to Stary and other places to try and find certain supplies like food, drink and also some medical supplies which I could use on my men and also other people who were in need of help. This eventually turned out to take longer than expected and the time when I last checked my watch was around 04:34am the next day. Blimey, how fast time goes when travelling around. Especially on foot due to our vehicle getting out of fuel.

Well, after arriving at Prud Lake very early in the morning, I was greeted by a few guys who I can't seem to remember the name of but they were nice enough to give me a very nice welcoming of "Hello Bush Man" which is what i'm called at Prud Lake due to my clothing and weaponry. Both leaf covered to make sure I'm camouflaged as much as possible. So, after the greetings had been and gone, I started to sit around the campfire and spoke to a few other survivors who were also there about some thing that had gone off near Prud and also other things such as the Council and some things that I had done at Prud to ensure the protection of some people who were there at the times of firefights and also when some other attacks had happened on innocent people.

After a few more hours of being at Prud, there was a dog that appeared out of nowhere. A nice, calm looking German Shepard that came to Prud out of the blue and started to come up to people and bark at them. Well, me being me, I went up to the dog and started to speak to it, following it and also, offering it a piece of raw goat which it seemed to enjoy and devoured in a matter of minutes. This was a joy of relief for me as I looked into the dogs eyes, not knowing what he was going to do next, I then stroked him on the head as then started to stroke his back. He then barked at me and what looked to be... a smile! - I think he liked me at that point due to the fact that I had given him food and treated him with respect. A while after the encounter with the dog, a few more guys came to Prud and started saying things like "Let me kill the dog" and "Should I hit him with my axe". Horrible things to say to a dog, yes. The dog at this point felt threatened and started to run off and hide. I then confronted the men about their behavior and said "Don't threaten the dog, treat it with respect. Like you would a person". Well, this kind of worked and they stopped being horrid to the dog. I followed the tracks of him and eventually found him sitting behind a tree but he looked like he was shaking, possibly scared from the threats that had been made.

I put my hand out, hoping for him to calm down and not think I was a threat or one of the people who had just threatened him. But no, he came closer and started to rub his silky fur into my hands whilst snarling a little bit as if he liked the feeling of the scratching and fussing on his neck and head. He then ran towards the lake and started jumping around in the lake before getting too wet to handle and approaching me and my comrade Andrey which he then followed up by shaking his fur and wetting survivors and myself and Andrey. People weren't angry at him for that, we all laughed and other people started to come closer to the dog and tried to fuss him which he didn't like but he let them do it anyway without any aggression towards them.

After the fussing, the washing and everything else. We were all sat around the fire waiting for him to come back after his run. When he did, I came up with a cunning plan. Because he didn't have a collar or anything to show that he had some sort of name, I decided to come up with one for him and this is how the name 'Flare' came about. A few hours prior to this idea, I saw the dog running around with a flare stuck between his fur and was worried about his skin/fur getting burnt so I quickly ran after him asking him to stop so I could help in which he did but the flare had already fallen off. After this incident, I had returned to the camp in which 'the dog' was sat chewing another flare which someone had left on the ground around the lake. This is how he got his name 'Flare' due to the nature that he seems to really like playing around with flares or just chewing them. Pretty simple really.

A few of my other comrades had met up with me and Flare at Prud Lake where we were approached by Volki who wanted to meet up with ISOA at the Radio Station to have a 'talk' about both clans and other things which we were related to us both.

We were speculating about this for around 5 minutes and met in the forest with each other and Flare. We then lit a camp fire and spoke a bit with each other about what we were going to do with Volki and if we were going to meet up with them or not. We eventually came up with a decision of yes, we were going to go to the Radio Station but with Flare by our side. We did also have the idea of having a note tied to Flare with some string that would tell Volki that we were on our way but we turned up around 10-15 minutes after they had asked for us with me sitting in a tree as a bush and scouting the area in case anything went wrong or if any unexpected people turned up to try and listen to the meeting and gain valuable information from it to hold us against something in the future.

Flare wasn't too happy about leaving me but went down to the camp with Viktor and our other members to start the meeting and to be honest, I think Volki were surprised about the dog being there as there aren't many around nowadays are there... Well, the meeting was held for quite a while whilst they waited for certain people to turn up which then turned into many people come towards the camp and attracting a big horde of zombies which came behind me in the tree. Thank goodness for my clan members looking out for me and telling me before they could do anything.. The people in the compound then open fired on the horde but one person accidentally hit me in the arm and my comrade had to patch me up and make sure it wasn't too serious, which it wasn't (thank god).

After the horde was dead, the people who we were waiting for had arrived and other civilians had gone, the meeting got underway which lasted for around 30-40 minutes of constant talking and surveillance around the area to ensure the people were safe. I was writing notes down whilst in my position about the surroundings and also about my new friend, Flare.

The meeting had ended and people departed, this was the time that I had been waiting for. I could finally go back to my new friend Flare who was happier than ever to see me again, I hugged him, kissed him on the forehead and spoke to him for a bit saying that I'm sorry that I couldn't be with him whilst he was there. But then, one of my comrades told me something horrible... Some guy in a Grey GAZ had been chased by Flare down the road as he likes vehicles and when one appears, he seems to chase it. Well, back on track.. Flare had chased this car for around 200m and the car stopped, the guy got out and he had... got his knife and cut my dog. Flare, hobbling back to the settlement was covered in blood and had to be carried the rest of the way due to him being in pain from the deep cut. One of the people in the camp had bandaged his cut up and I had taken a look myself, I then confirmed it was a knife cut and said that if anyone sees this guy who did this to Flare then tell him that "Josef Averin is looking for him and will find who did this".

After we had a few goodbyes to Volki and some other people who were at the meeting, we then saw Flare run quite quick up a hill to a new guy who no-one knew and was just stood staring at him, well.. me being the new found owner of Flare, I followed him as well as my comrades coming as well in which we found out that the new guy was helping Flare and he realised that he had a bandage on his leg. He asked if he could take a look but I replied with "No, I checked it around 5-10 minutes ago but Flare kind of pulled away and whined abit in pain" - He then said "Ok, that's fine" and said to me that I should change the bandage daily to avoid infection and to make sure that it's cleaned out which may distress the dog but will ensure that it heals properly. After he had told me this, he then brought out a bag of dog treats which he placed one of them on the floor in front of Flare... Flare then lent down and started to eat the treat whilst having a glint in his eye if to say thank you to the man.

Finally, the man offered me the bag of treats to give to the dog over a period of time for certain things as I'm basically the owner of the dog now and then we headed off. Me, Flare and my comrades. We were a group again but with a new companion and also a new friend.

Few pictures of myself and Flare

8ihJCiU.png

//A big thankyou to TrilbyAsh for being the one who was my now known pet dog for today, wasn't expecting to keep you for as long as I did and we have had a very good time role playing with you today. Thank you for being a dog and bringing a new insight to RP.

Story Statistics

Words: 1877

Characters: 9440

Sentences: 66

Paragraphs: 13

Avg. Sentence (words): 29

We drink Vodka in salute to our new comrade and friend Flare ! :)

Corks    3

We were suprosed their was a dog there, it was a. Fun and long meeting though, nice work Wolf.

Pinned to ISOA front page above picture of Comrade flare :P

Besphynx    0

Looks like a dog has already replaced Dima :troll:

(Too soon?) :'(

Nah, but it was awesome to RP with flare and also really nice to have something different to RP about.

Also the dog barks were on Par. They were excellent.

Possibly too soon

Macyn    0

I must meet our new comrade Flare soon!

Possibly too soon

RIP in pieces Dima :'(

Besphynx    0

I must meet our new comrade Flare soon!

Possibly too soon

RIP in pieces Dima :'(

Rest in piece in pieces? :troll:

It was a great meeting last night and flare definatly added to the RP

He sure did although the RP in general was great i thought

Voodoo    355

Yea it was. Did you ever find out who attacked flare? I was ontop of the house and could only make out 2 guys one wearing light colours.

Yea it was. Did you ever find out who attacked flare? I was ontop of the house and could only make out 2 guys one wearing light colours.

No we didnt but if we do find out whoever did it they will be in for a very unpleasant day :P

TrilbyAsh    6

*Woof, bark bark. Pant, whine.*

//I'm surprised I made an impact really. xD Although the amount of times people offered me bacon was unbelievable. As for the barking and whatnot, I had to switch to text-barks after a while. Shared house and all that, someone came home and I figured them hearing me making weird barking noises would be most confusing. :3

//I'm surprised I made an impact really. xD Although the amount of times people offered me bacon was unbelievable. As for the barking and whatnot, I had to switch to text-barks after a while. Shared house and all that, someone came home and I figured them hearing me making weird barking noises would be most confusing. :3

Its the little details that make RP great having a dog in the area for people to pet/stroke or to react to when he runs after a car or something whilst others are talking and such just enhances it that much more.

Also keep in mind you were with us for like 5 hours :P so you were bound to make an impact somewhere

And my voice changer has a dog translator you just talk normally but you output barks ,whines and whimpers instead of words :P wonder if it works in reverse....

TrilbyAsh    6

Its the little details that make RP great having a dog in the area for people to pet/stroke or to react to when he runs after a car or something whilst others are talking and such just enhances it that much more.

Also my voice changer has a dog translator you just talk normally but you output barks ,whines and whimpers instead of words :P

You people and your fancy technologies. I like to think that my barking was quite good. xD Home made sound effects. Heh. And yeah, Dogs seem to have a habit of really enhancing RP. People seem to be less inclined to rob others when there's a Dog casually sitting there and diverting attention...Helps that most people know it's a GM as well. xD

Also my voice changer has a dog translator you just talk normally but you output barks ,whines and whimpers instead of words :P

You people and your fancy technologies. I like to think that my barking was quite good. xD Home made sound effects. Heh. And yeah, Dogs seem to have a habit of really enhancing RP. People seem to be less inclined to rob others when there's a Dog casually sitting there and diverting attention...Helps that most people know it's a GM as well. xD

I never heard your barking personally you had stopped by the time i showed up

and yeah since dogs are not in the mod at all for people to see one is a rare thing so they pay as much attention as possible

And im sure you made an impact somewhere i think people were asking us "where has the ISOA's dog gone?"

So you seem to belong to us now :P or at the very least to Joe :P

And yes the GM thing "Shit its a GM everybody step up the RP"

TrilbyAsh    6

And im sure you made an impact somewhere i think people were asking us "where has the ISOA's dog gone?"

Well, Flare -might- make a return soon. :3 And yeah, that's generally the whole intention. We're there to be a little deterrent to people being egits. Although I do wish people would stop trying to hatchet me as soon as they see me. Died twice to people just going: "It's a dog...? KILL IT!" :<

Well, Flare -might- make a return soon. :3 And yeah, that's generally the whole intention. We're there to be a little deterrent to people being egits. Although I do wish people would stop trying to hatchet me as soon as they see me. Died twice to people just going: "It's a dog...? KILL IT!" :<

*Whispers* put god mode on....

TrilbyAsh    6

*Whispers* put god mode on....

I can't! Dogs aren't gods. :3 That, and that's not something GMs can do. xD

Besphynx    0

I was mad when that guy said "Let us kill the dog and feed it to the Chinese in you clan" I was just like Woah. Seriously dude? >.<

Nah but, it was really awesome having you around and I have it all recorded and your dog barks were pretty on par! <3

Sign in to follow this