Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:39

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

WIP: New Community Rules

Rolle    2450

Hello!

As some of you may know our staff has been working on a new format for the server and community rules. I am here to present the first draft of what we've come up with. It is incomplete and some sections still require more descriptions and clarifications, but it should show you what the overall idea with the new rules is.

New Community Rules Draft 1 (WIP)

This is a first draft! A lot of it is not quite ready and may change without notice!

The changes will be continuously added on the page linked above.

You probably have noticed that the majority of it is copy paste from the old rules. Completely changing the rules is not the goal here though, most of the current rules work in a satisfactory way. We are trying to make the new format more easy to relate to as well as include everything in one place - no more supplemental rules.

Goals with the new rules:

- Clarify the community rules in a simple yet descriptive way so that everyone can relate to them both on the forums and in game.

- Put even more focus on role playing instead of competitive PvP or gear.

- Prepare the rules for coming Standalone server and make it easier for us to amend them and add new ones.

- Standardized punishments and staff authority, to inform you what kind of authority we have when it comes to the community so that nobody feels they have been punished unjustly.

- Improve the readability, split longer rules into easy to remember sections.

- Change.

Important: Please submit suggestions, fixes or new ideas in a dedicated thread HERE

[align=right]Also, massive spoilers in rule 11. Soon.

Slute    1

I've skimmed through the new rules, and am already finding some rules that have been changed that needed so. Plus the new format will make reading the rules easier, and they are much easier to understand.

Good work guys.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Skimmed through, looking good, let me finish it though!

Mush    2

Looked through the rules, looks good.

I like the new and improved layout too, good job!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

1833423ad4e4b949ab69492fbf22a2e2.png

NO

Not again! Please Rolle. Please!

When do you expect these new rules to take affect?

Rolle    2450

Oh yes, it's coming for you :D

When do you expect these new rules to take affect?

When they are ready and we are happy with the changes.

TP? Interesting......

Mikasa    2

With the TP coming back, we need the good old CTC, just sitting there, waiting for that random survivor every 1-2 hours, hoping he'd trade with us. But no, he just wanted some water and ran off again. :

Owen    13

[align=right]Also, massive spoilers in rule 11. Soon.

Hmm, what does this mean?

NO

I understand your fears but realize that the TP once actually worked (before you joined). Things have changed, a lot. At the very least it is worth a try.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

NO

Cid    332

I honestly think the TP should be given a chance. Like Gijs said, things have changed since last time we had the TP. It was a long time ago.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

From what I heard TP was a cesspool of trolling, wouldn't want that

It was in May.

It wasn't in February. March. April. It was actually a pretty nice place.

Don't know if you've noticed but the whole CR/settlement thing didn't really work either. :P

Cid    332

Well it seems this time around the TP would be much more monitored and rules around and inside the TP would be different from last time. Give it a chance. just like any other case of trolling, just record and report.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

NO

I understand your fears but realize that the TP once actually worked (before you joined). Things have changed, a lot. At the very least it is worth a try.

Look at the very recent events at Prud. Trolls everywhere. I dont think we are ready yet.

NO to the trade post! It does not fit RP good at all! If the trade post is there, then it should be allowed to be initiated on. Does not fit with RP at all after it being bombed unless it was rebuilt. So as john said. NO

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Maybe the trade post is the start and new we are well on our way to getting some clans adding settlements pretty soon as well :)

Zhunk    2

-snip-

NO

Look at the very recent events at Prud. Trolls everywhere. I dont think we are ready yet.

It will cause no harm if we give it a try. Try to approach it from a positive point of view, finally there is going to be a safe-zone which is: monitored by staff, not getting robbed every hour, and offering interesting interaction with staff faction.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

It will cause no harm if we give it a try. Try to approach it from a positive point of view, finally there is going to be a safe-zone which is: monitored by staff, not getting robbed every hour, and offering interesting interaction with staff faction.

And hey if you wanna rob someone there's always Prud ;)