Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:05

Sign in to follow this  
Tamaster92

Traps

Question

Tamaster92    14

So I was originally going to ask this privately but figured a public response would be more useful and help with any future issues.

I recently came into possession of a trip wire trap with a frag grenade attached. Obviously this has the BIG potential to kill and troll random players so my question is -

Where/how can I use it which is within the rules?

16 answers to this question

Yuval    2

Pretty sure you can use them only at your camp, as raiding a camp = stealing, hostile action.... worthy of killing for (ex next to stash or tent)

Mush    2

I'd say don't place it in random places, maybe just to protect gear or something, a car.

Slute    1

I could most likely seeing it used if you want to corner somebody without them knowing, after an initiation. Tell the guy to drop his weapons, he runs backwards, into the tripwire, boom. Dead.

I think it could also be used for initiations on PCB's if you're initiating on the entire vercinity.

Obviously cant just be placed or it would kill someone, similar to bear traps.

Hofer    20

Logs will show who placed it and who gets killed by it (like a normal hitlog). If someone trolls and kills another person, he will get caught.

Sin    113

Where would you use it normally? Normally being in a zombie apocalypse, so maybe 'normal' isn't the right word.

My understanding is that these traps are fairly easy to see, and even easier to disarm, giving whoever finds it a shiny new frag grenade.

Off the top of my head, I'd say placing it inside an airfield barracks is not a good idea. Stringing it across S-GRU curve or some other heavily trafficked road also not a good idea.

Stringing it across a buried stash or the front of a storage tent seems plenty fair. As does running it along the length of your favorite vehicle, so that the doors are inaccessible.

In short - if it's 'guarding' your loot, that seems fair. If it's randomly placed to cause the most havoc possible or to catch some innocent unawares, ehhhhh, I don't think so.

Cheers, and happy fragging!

enar21    1

Will this be on epoch? Because you cant really have an own camp at rp1, right? :o

Sin    113

Old school camp, made of sandbags, barbed wire, tank traps and tents. Nothing fancy, more like an above ground stash that you hope no one finds.

** spoiler **

They're always found

If you get into a firefight and your in a enclosed area, you can put it at the door and they will get blown up. ;)

Tamaster92    14

With two admin responses and a bunch of others I'm going to mark this as solved - but feel free to keep giving ok and not ok examples.

Revilo    7

So About This, ive been wondering (If cars set them off) if you can put them around road blocks so if people do not stop their car and continue to drive down the road, they might hit one of the trip wires. would this be allowed? it seems logical but i really dont know

Yes..but it needs to be far enough from the roadblock that it's clear they are in noncompliance.

Chris    61

I dont think vehicles trigger those traps, just infantry.

Rolle    2445

Add mines to the loot tables? :D

Chris    61

Would be nice, but they only work on tracked vehicles.

I love those IED explosives better than satchel charges, such a great improvised look to them. :D

Revilo    7

Would be nice, but they only work on tracked vehicles.

I love those IED explosives better than satchel charges, such a great improvised look to them. :D

might give a use for Scrap Electronics if the IED's could be crafted?