Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:05

Sign in to follow this  
MetricCandy

Hi to all

MetricCandy    0

Hello all,

I have just(last night) applied for whitelist on the server.

I am however a newbie to roleplay and not that expierenced in Dayz either.

But my expierences on other dayz servers were a bit of a let down.

Finding a house clearing the surrounding of zed's, having a nice food and drink stash.. and getting sniped. And again and again and ... well you get the point.

My search led me to this site and I am inspired by the guides, rules, installs and such wich I going through atm. This seems to be a dedicated and serious community. I hope I can contribute to it.

I have made a character for this called "Saul Tigh" and made a backstory for the whitelist application.

I am a dutch guy called Sjors, I am 32 years old and I am looking forward to fight for our survival.

hello welcome to our "Little" community i am Valkerion you will be seeing me a lot :P

MetricCandy    0

hello welcome to our "Little" community i am Valkerion you will be seeing me a lot :P

Thanks and somehow that sounds ominous. I am looking forward to it.

Great to meet you Candy.

By DayZ do you mean the standalone or the mod?

Thanks, I only have the mod. Arma2 > Arma2OA > DayZ > DayZRP

Thanks, I only have the mod. Arma2 > Arma2OA > DayZ > DayZRP

No worries. In that case what you were mentioning above is true. Sorry for asking but a number of people have been expecting a white listed and enforced SA server.

Anyway, hope you feel at home and enjoy your time here.

MetricCandy    0

No worries. In that case what you were mentioning above is true. Sorry for asking but a number of people have been expecting a white listed and enforced SA server.

Anyway, hope you feel at home and enjoy your time here.

Ah did not know that the SA had less "supervision" well the more you know..

And I hope I do as well.

Sin    114

I hate to have to say this, but you won't be allowed to name your character Saul Tigh. We don't allow people to use names of famous people, living, dead, or fictional. The problem is that when you introduce yourself, if someone recognizes the name, it takes them immediately out of the game, breaking their immersion. Feel free to build your character around that inspiration though. We've more than a few crotchety old alcoholics around here. You'll fit right in.

I do love that the apparent inspiration for your character is such a flawed individual. The most fun you can have with RP is to play a flawed character that is wholly unlike yourself. Once you get into the head of someone else, well ... the possibilities are pretty fun.

Sorry we had to meet on such unpleasant circumstances. If you need anything though, I'm only a PM away. Dreams crushed? My bread and butter. Ego stomping? Sure, for a meager fee. See my assistant for a full listing of services. And keep in mind, that we're always open to custom jobs as well :D

MetricCandy    0

Ok did not know that, I indeed based the char on a fictional char.

How can i fix this as it is in my backstory and on my whitelist app, as well?

Murdercool    32

Hello and welcome to DayZRP! :D

Sin    114

How can i fix this as it is in my backstory and on my whitelist app, as well?

Don't worry about it. We seldom pay attention to the names on whitelist apps, and it wouldn't be a factor for rejection in any case. We don't hold people to their backstories, so once you get whitelisted, you're free to do as you like in game. You can even have a stable of characters to choose from, and put on the one you like depending on your mood that day. (Unfortunately though, only one character is allowed to be a member of a clan.) The backstory requirement is primarily there to see to it that you're capable of designing something reasonable, and a test of English writing skills.

Samaritan    254

Hello and welcome to this great community, best of luck with your application!