Server time: 2017-08-20, 06:08

Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Le Bear

Bears Suggestion Collection

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Welcome to Bears suggestion collection! Today I will be listing a pile of suggestions to make the game ever so slightly better (in my opinion). Before I begin, I have no idea if some of these things are possible to implement.

Backpacks

http://imgur.com/a/I7nnp

There are a selection of backpacks that I found in the editor, so they are either a part of Arma 2/OA or part of the DayZRP mod, meaning there is no additional download for the files, they are already there.

Personally I would like to see a huge range of packpacks in the mod. I would also like to see the spawn rate of these backpacks greatly increased. If I went round my household I could find 5+ backpacks, why shouldnt it be similar in DayZ? Backpacks shouldnt be rare, they should be really common.

So I suggest increasing the variety of backpacks and the spawn chance.

Vehicles

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16017 - Basically just a new bus, but I like it and we need a larger variety of vehicles.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9477 - Everyone likes colorful Ladas. Dont they? Just another addition to add a larger variety of vehicles, they are not OP or anything, most of them in that pack are fitting to the environment.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8782 - Could be something well suited to spawning at the airfields, they look a little odd for civilian use, however its still another addition to add variety so everything doesnt look generic.

These are all the decent mods I could find. I would also like to see the number of vehicles per server drastically increased. At the moment im struggling to find cars when the server is full. It doesnt make sense that there are very few cars in comparison to the amount of houses.

Additions to the map

Camps

I would like to see more camps around the map. Now im not talking about huge PCB's or anything. Just small camp sites around the map, consisting of 1-3 tents, a fire place and at some sites camo netting. When I first joined the server these were implemented, however they seem to have been removed. I would love to see them back as it makes the game so much more immersive.

Military buildings

I also think it would be a good idea to remove the barracks from Guglovo and NEAF. By doing so it would drastically increase player activity around NWAF, as players dont seem to visit that area much now.

If the barracks at NEAF was removed I would like to see it replaced with a small military camp, similar to Stary Sobors, but slightly smaller. My reasoning for this is that according to the DayZRP lore on the 30th of July NEAF was the only airfield still in use, so a temporary military camp set up there and maybe some of the buildings fortified a little would make a lot of sense.

Skins

http://imgur.com/a/tCORC - these are just some skins I found in the editor, so they are already a part of arma/dayzrp. They are not in the donation exchange (I dont think anyway) and I dont think they are in game. Personally I would love to see these in game and in the donation exchange.

It would also be nice if all the skins that can be found in game were available in the donation exchange, either at a price or for free. Excluding the OP ones such as the ghillie of course.

I also like the warm clothing from Namalsk, I think it would be a great addition. There are also these skins which are presumably from Stalker and have been suggested before, though im struggling to track down the files that contain them.

Loot spawns

I would also like to see the military loot spawns drastically altered. Right now in the barracks, ATC's, hangers etc I can find all the same guns, so if i spawn in at Balota and find an AK or something there is no point in going north as I am not going to find anything different.

I think that ATC's and Hangers should only spawn eastern low-mid grade weaponry, whereas the barracks should spawn mid-high grade western weaponry and the odd, rare western weapon. This in addition with the removal of the barracks around the map will create clan conflicts over the control of the supplies at NEAF, which would create some amazing RP, but also make it a very dangerous place, like it should be. Right now I can just walk over there, grab everything in the barracks I need, run around for 30 mins in the middle of the airstrip and walk away again without ever being bothered by anyone.

Player Spawns

Originally I enjoyed the player spawns, however now I am sick of them as they make gear to easy to acquire as you are already north when you spawn and a lot of the time it will take me 10 minutes to visit an airfield from spawn and a town and I will be fully geared.

I think it would be better if the spawns were changed back into the coastal spawns, that way the coast would be popular again, creating traffic along the coastal roads and the main roads inland. This would enable bandits to create roadblocks that would actually get visitors/victims. So now bandits can make roadblocks or set up ambushes in high traffic areas near the coast it will reduce the amount of settlement attacks, as they actually have something to do, other than either go sit in the settlement themselves and partake in horrible RP or attack it constantly.

Clan Ideas acceptance

Now I dont know what the current procedure is among the staff team to reviewing clan ideas, however what ever it is, its not working. It is taking too long for clans to be accepted or declined. Some clans sit there for days when the are active, this causes members to lose interest and look elsewhere.

I think a new process should be implemented to get a clan accepted or declined within 2-3 days of 'active' been put in the title, its not too hard to read a thread, discuss it and then make a decision.

Just my opinion, as if I made a clan and it got declined, I dont want to be sat there for days when its not even going to be allowed to begin with.

Just my list of suggestions, will be adding to it as I get new ideas.

Yes to the backpacks and the Ladas.

The bus would be awesome for Redcoat... Reeeedcooooat!

The Gecko looks ridiculous and I don't see much point. Diverse? Yes, but not in such a strange way :P

Look forward to seeing the skins.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

The Gecko looks ridiculous and I don't see much point. Diverse? Yes, but not in such a strange way :P

Just thought it would be something amusing :D Yeah they are a little odd, but I thought it would be something cool to add, they dont exactly do any harm.

I think its just their appearance im attracted to :D

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Backpacks - Yes to everything but gunbags

Vehicles - Yes ro bus and ladas

Replacing NEAF barracks +1

Clan ideas idea +100000000000000000000¥

Clan Ideas acceptance

Now I dont know what the current procedure is among the staff team to reviewing clan ideas, however what ever it is, its not working. It is taking too long for clans to be accepted or declined. Some clans sit there for days when the are active, this causes members to lose interest and look elsewhere.

I think a new process should be implemented to get a clan accepted or declined within 2-3 days of 'active' been put in the title, its not too hard to read a thread, discuss it and then make a decision.

Just my opinion, as if I made a clan and it got declined, I dont want to be sat there for days when its not even going to be allowed to begin with.

Just my list of suggestions, will be adding to it as I get new ideas.

If a clan loses players due to losing interest after a few days then clearly they weren't going to work as a clan.

I think it is a good idea for them to see what happens over a period of a few days and track the thread to see if they have developed it or establish what might work.

What we need is for good ideas to get accepted and the ideas that were destined to fail (even though they had the bare minimum required to be active) not see the light of day.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Clan Ideas acceptance

If a clan loses players due to losing interest after a few days then clearly they weren't going to work as a clan.

Yeah, I guess. It depends on the individual really. Some like to get action quickly, so sitting around as an idea for days wont interest them.

I still think something needs to be done though about the speed they are accepted/declined. Look at B-17 for example. Its been 10 days since the thread was made. I dont know when they put active in the title, but thats a long time to wait considering they might not even get accepted.

I think it is a good idea for them to see what happens over a period of a few days and track the thread to see if they have developed it or establish what might work.

What we need is for good ideas to get accepted and the ideas that were destined to fail (even though they had the bare minimum required to be active) not see the light of day.

Thats a great idea. I see lots of clans get accepted that have no/little potential then they fizzle out in a week or so. THen there is the clans that are different, have loads of potential but never actually live up to what they have proposed, monitoring would be a good idea to prevent this. Then there is the clans that have great potential but dont get anywhere due to lack of interest, as people seem to flock towards the poorly made military clans, rather than the clans where people have put effort into them.

Rolle    2450

Yes to the backpacks and the Ladas.

The bus would be awesome for Redcoat... Reeeedcooooat!

Look forward to seeing the skins.

Pretty much this, I love the bus :D

Clan Ideas acceptance

Yeah, I guess. It depends on the individual really. Some like to get action quickly, so sitting around as an idea for days wont interest them.

I still think something needs to be done though about the speed they are accepted/declined. Look at B-17 for example. Its been 10 days since the thread was made. I dont know when they put active in the title, but thats a long time to wait considering they might not even get accepted.

You can normally PM an admin about it if they arnt too busy thats what i did for ISOA anyway.

I see Hofer checking the group ideas a lot yet i have personally never seen him approve anything.

I guess the admins just have more important things to do than check group ideas perhaps this duty can be dropped down to the gamemasters im sure people like Tomeran and Toorik know a good group when they see one.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Does anyone know if its possible to use vehicles from DayZ 2017 without running into legal issues?

Tamaster92    14

I'm all in for more backpacks, gets boring seeing the same Czechs and coyotes everywhere.

Those models are all in the current files you said yeah?

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

I'm all in for more backpacks, gets boring seeing the same Czechs and coyotes everywhere.

They seem to be, if im correct they have been in the files for months, i made a thread an awful long time ago asking for the same backpacks, never got too much attention, but someone must of added them to the files at some point.

Tamaster92    14

They seem to be, if im correct they have been in the files for months, i made a thread an awful long time ago asking for the same backpacks, never got too much attention, but someone must of added them to the files at some point.

Looking into it now - would adore having more backpacks.

GingerHippo    4

Wait, if you're going to have the backpacks then please make sure the Large Gunbag isn't as OP for storage as in Epoch as that is just ridiculous for size.

+1 to all of the other things, better to have a wide range of vehicles to find as civilian cars would be more common and with Lada's, this would make it so much better.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Wait, if you're going to have the backpacks then please make sure the Large Gunbag isn't as OP for storage as in Epoch as that is just ridiculous for size.

Personally I have no idea what the sizes would be for backpacks, I would just make them all very similar, such as they are all 2-4 slots larger than one another as the bag size increases. I only want them for aesthetic reasons, dont really care on the size.

Added the skins I came across, they are not great, but they are different. I also had to use the 3D editor to take the images, 2D wont work for some reason at the moment.

Tamaster92    14

We are looking into the reskins of coyotes currently, as well as the other backpacks.

Do you have classnames for them?

Guest neom   
Guest neom

nail has been hit on the head all need to be added, snow next....... WHAT

Alan Woods    3

Yes to Backpacks!

Yes to the bus for Redcoat!

Yes to the Ladas!

Yes to the skins presented and even other ones(not the police,sheriff and other ones...)!

Yes to the warm clothing and half ghillies to spawn!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

We are looking into the reskins of coyotes currently, as well as the other backpacks.

Do you have classnames for them?

Class names are in order with the pictures

Gun bag - AGS_UN_Bag_EP1

Survivors bag - ice_apo_pack1

Survivors bag - ice_apo_pack2

Survivors bag - ice_apo_pack3

Survivors bag - ice_apo_pack4

Coyote - DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1_wdl

Coyote - DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1_des

Bag with shovel - GRU_PACK

Green long bag - TK_RPG_BACKPACK_EP1

Small gun bag - Tripod_Bag

Tamaster92    14

Some of those backpacks are now confirmed for the next patch. Enjoy!