Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:04

Sign in to follow this  
Guest neom

Getting a new graphics card

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I have a Alienware x510 with a gtx 450 (I think) I want to get a gtx 660 is this a wise idea and what would be the benefit?

Fps and the lot, but is it worth going up a few more or will the 660 do fine

HELP ME!!!!!

I'm getting a 660 in my new computer. The guy who is building it for me (Friend) says it'll run most games at the highest settings and run other games - that are highly demanding - smoothly.

I'm getting a 660 in my new computer. The guy who is building it for me (Friend) says it'll run most games at the highest settings and run other games - that are highly demanding - smoothly.

Might work now with the gtx 660, but in a year or less, it will most likely be outdated. Not supported by any facts here, just what I believe.

Jamesy    0

What FPS do you have now? I have the x51o also and have a GTX 660. So, if you tell me what FPS you get in Arma now I'll be able to tell you the boos you'll get.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

What FPS do you have now? I have the x51o also and have a GTX 660. So, if you tell me what FPS you get in Arma now I'll be able to tell you the boos you'll get.

Inside cherno on the mod 25 round that area and on SA 18

But this is with settings on normal I could get more if it was on low but I hate how bad it looks, this is why I want to upgrade

Guest Vendetta   
Guest Vendetta

What are your other parts also ?

Guest neom   
Guest neom

What are your other parts also ?

Mate ask everyone I have no clue about computers at all just the big standard, u wanted a gaming PC so I got Alienware ( dumb idea I know )

Jamesy    0

Yeah I get 30-35, sometimes even 40. It's a decent card but I'd honestly go with the 770. I know, it is a big jump but there's many comparisons on YouTube about the card and I've been recommended it countless amounts of time. But, if you have the money for it, I'd stretch and get that.

I was recently thinking of getting the 770. Then, I just decided to build a whole new PC which would run better than my current one and is fairly cheap. But, if you can't get the 770. Then I don't see the 660 being a problem for you. The 770 might also not fit in the x51's case.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Yeah I get 30-35, sometimes even 40. It's a decent card but I'd honestly go with the 770. I know, it is a big jump but there's many comparisons on YouTube about the card and I've been recommended it countless amounts of time. But, if you have the money for it, I'd stretch and get that.

I was recently thinking of getting the 770. Then, I just decided to build a whole new PC which would run better than my current one and is fairly cheap. But, if you can't get the 770. Then I don't see the 660 being a problem for you. The 770 might also not fit in the x51's case.

Well at least I no the 660 will fit that was one thing I was worried about

Jamesy    0

Well at least I no the 660 will fit that was one thing I was worried about

Yeah it will do. If you're struggling I honestly recommend you watch this guys videos. Or, PM this guy. Both are very helpful and will guide you in the right direction. PC building can be very hard. If you are unable to contact, or watch the other guys videos then, feel free to PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you out. :D

alexnedea    0

Inside cherno on the mod 25 round that area and on SA 18

But this is with settings on normal I could get more if it was on low but I hate how bad it looks, this is why I want to upgrade

Fps in arma is all about CPU. Basically your GPU sits there smoking a cig while the CPU is carrying the whole game :)

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Neom, i have 2 PC one with. 780 Ti and one with a 660 Ti.

If you are on budget get a 660 Ti otherwise get a 770 or 780.

Guest Vendetta   
Guest Vendetta

He can just buy a 780 He needs the right PSU and Cooling so forth its not that simple.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

He can just buy a 780 He needs the right PSU and Cooling so forth its not that simple.

Yeah I don't think it will support something that powerful

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Yeah I don't think it will support something that powerful

Yeah maybe not sure never looked at Alienware PC's

Jamesy    0

If he buys a 780, it's going to create more work and money for him, and he'll have to change his build completely. The case will also be too small. If he gets a 780 he may as well build a whole new PC.

Neom, for now you can honestly stick with the 660. But, what Fuzzy recommended was also good, get the 660 Ti if you can.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

If he buys a 780, it's going to create more work and money for him, and he'll have to change his build completely. The case will also be too small. If he gets a 780 he may as well build a whole new PC.

Neom, for now you can honestly stick with the 660. But, what Fuzzy recommended was also good, get the 660 Ti if you can.

Thanks for the help man, did you put it in yourself? If so how easy was it ?

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Thanks for the help man, did you put it in yourself? If so how easy was it ?

Its VERY easy. Just becarefull and do it nice and slowly.

1. Plug out the cable at the PSU

2. Open up the case

3. Plug out the power cables at the GPU (If you have them)

4. Look for a little clip next to the connectors.

5. Slowly pull out the old GPU

6. Save the GPU somewhere safe

7. Take the new GPU and put it inside the PCI Express

8. Reconnect the powercables

9. Plug in the cable at the PSU.

10. Start your PC

11. DONT INSTALL DRIVERS FROM DISK

12. Go to a internet browser and go the the GeForce website

13. Download and install the correct drivers.

14. Change resolution,...

15. Enjoy your new GPU

Jamesy    0

Fuzzy beat me to it. :P. But, yes it's very easy. Remember, watch the guy on YouTube. Linus, I linked you to him a second ago. He shows you how to do all of this stuff. Also, be very careful when changing things! You don't want to damage the motherboard or any other components for that matter.

If you're worries about changing it yourself, you can always ring or got to Knowhow. They'll know how to do it. See what I did there? ;)

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Cheers for the help guys /close