Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:14

Sign in to follow this  
Randomcurry

An idea to keep the server Roleplayers only

Randomcurry    0

I had an idea how Admins could separate the Roleplayers from non-roleplayers and that is that everyone who plays Rp must have a [RP] Tag after their name. Those who doesn´t have the tag will most likely be non-roleplayers and the admins can kick the from the session.

It´s just an idea that might work if the Admins even can kick players

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Pretty sure something like this has already been suggested, the problem being not every roleplayer will see this or bother to change there name.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

A lot of us already use this, I know that me and a few others including Goz had their names as "Astycc [RP]" or "Goz [RP]" so this is already a thing mate, although I do agree, people should do it, but changing names kills off your character, so it would be a pain to do it un-warranted.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Shame even with this some rpers still kos

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

But aren't we all suppose to be role players?

Yes, indeed. But he is talking about Standalone here, where the server isn't locked, and admins don't have powers.

TrilbyAsh    6

Well, this idea has already been going on since DayZRP got an SA server. But still, we can't enforce those rules anyways. We've got no tools at all with SA. Bit of a pain in the ass, but ah well, Alpha and all that.

Randomcurry    0

Well, this idea has already been going on since DayZRP got an SA server. But still, we can't enforce those rules anyways. We've got no tools at all with SA. Bit of a pain in the ass, but ah well, Alpha and all that.

Do you know maybe when Rocket will add more tools for server owners?

Limeni    0

But aren't we all suppose to be role players?

Yes, indeed. But he is talking about Standalone here, where the server isn't locked, and admins don't have powers.

oh okay, I didn't see where the thread was on , well then I have nothing to add, I support the idea.

TrilbyAsh    6

Do you know maybe when Rocket will add more tools for server owners?

Haven't the foggiest. Even I with my mighty sources are drawing blanks with that one.

Oldman    22

logged in today and died in 2 seconds from login bug. Untill you die more from bugs it does not really matter.

Tosme    0

It doesnt matter what your nametag is, the server is just filled with "shoot to kill" moments, or "shoot first, ask questions after".

Kill everything you see for now until more tools are out.

Brankor    0

I will nerver KOS without a RP reason. Even if there are still a lot of players doing so. But yesterday I met two guys on the EAF and they were no Rpler, but it worked well. Maybe they were carefull, because my wife covered my six.

But back to topic. As far as I know the current server admin possibilities are:

- set server name

- (re)start & stop server

- set server time

- set restart timer

- set messages of the day (up to 5)

- gametracker statistics

So no kick or ban possibilities so far.

And I think it would be very usefull just to see the playername in the case you get killed. Maybe not visibel for all the players on the server, but at least for yourself or the admins in a statistic.

Teas    1

Not sure why the admin tools weren't included from launch. The tools should be the exact same as the mod, so the template is there already. And I can't see a reason Bohemia or Rocket would have for withholding the means to admin a server.

Not sure why the admin tools weren't included from launch. The tools should be the exact same as the mod, so the template is there already. And I can't see a reason Bohemia or Rocket would have for withholding the means to admin a server.

Mainly because of Admin abuse, as soon as servers were able to be passworded people would buy a server for them and their clan/mates, lock it with a password and use it as a gearing server.

The reason why is for data collection for testing, security and consistency as they continually patch the Alpha every week. I see plenty of reasons why Bohemia and Rocket have withheld those means, we just have to be patient. We buy the Alpha willingly accepting that the game could break at any point.

DayZRP SA is still a long way off but we'll get there Soon