Server time: 2017-08-22, 16:59

Sign in to follow this  
Roofcake

Bad RP [Not a Report]

Roofcake    1

There has been just generally bad rp at Prud. I'm not sure if anybody else experiences it, but overall it is not enjoyable, at least to me.

Opinions?

Ironicman    7

Film and report.

And yeah a shit ton of baiting and general bad RP there lately, going to be less of a nice guy and report the folk who do awfull roleplay or are baiting to get the thrill of firefights as they think this is DayPvP or something.

Roofcake    1

I agree on both of your points. I'm about to kick this guy's ass who is trying to bait me into initiating.

Roofcake    1

Earlier there was this man named Jerry Berry and I did not enjoy his RP one bit. Just my opinion though. Buckley too. I enjoy his RP, but he goes overboard sometimes.

Earlier there was this man named Jerry Berry and I did not enjoy his RP one bit. Just my opinion though. Buckley too. I enjoy his RP, but he goes overboard sometimes.

.... Thanks for the input, Hate you too

Ross    0

it is sometimes to only place you can go for RP as it is very popular but with the popularity come trolls and maybe mass KOS. luckily a person called Vincent has made a little camp and the people who go there RP well and is enjoyable.

Roofcake    1

I know.. :) I going to pera-Death Buckly Soon

-Input troll face- (I don't know how to do it!) :P

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Opinion: don't go there.

Popeye509    1

May have to get a staff member to back me up on this. Double check what I say with staff.

If any of you guys can record, the admins (i believe) have said before record it and feel free to kill them if they bait or bad rp but just be 100% it is baiting or what not.

Roofcake    1

May have to get a staff member to back me up on this. Double check what I say with staff.

If any of you guys can record, the admins (i believe) have said before record it and feel free to kill them if they bait or bad rp but just be 100% it is baiting or what not.

I would love this rule if it were true..... Admins! Can this be confirmed?!? :D

Toorrik    4

Yeaaaaaaah. Don't do that...

Its been said that if someone is CLEARLY trolling for a long while and flat out refuses to leave after you've stopped, you can initiate and forcefully "remove" him

Popeye509    1

Ah well I'm sure once someone somewhere definitely a staff said that about trolling I think. Maybe. Although that was like when ravens nest was up so you know.

Going to find where i got that from. Probably later since it is 4:30 so yeah... someone did say it I am not crazy! Or I am probably wrong just listen to Toorrik I'm too lazy to look.

Preplin    0

Buckly if you perma-death I promise we'll hold a massive memorial in your name at Prud

Roofcake    1

Yeaaaaaaah. Don't do that...

Its been said that if someone is CLEARLY trolling for a long while and flat out refuses to leave after you've stopped, you can initiate and forcefully "remove" him

Wow....what a buzz kill.....:(

Guess Prud is gonna get more KoS reports then.

novafolfsky    0

I got on earlier today to see if anything interesting was happening in prude. Bunch of random civilians call me out on being TRI and start calling me a pansy and tried basically KOSing me.

Best advice is to just avoid the place. It's occasionally filled with trolls or bad RPers

Mace    10

WARNING: This is fueled by Percocet. I will be trying to keep this as friendly as possible but I apologize if anyone is offended.

The problem with Prud, as I've said before in less drug-addled states, is that there is definitely a tipping point where there are a lot of people in one place. I believe, from what I've seen during my near year of activity in DayZRP, that the maximum number of people that can be in one place before idiocy starts is around 7. When 8 or more people get together, there always seems to be one person who is acting like an idiot or trying way too hard to be the center of attention.

I really wish there was a way ICly to ask people to stop talking in voice and to actually use text, because for some reason whenever there is a large group of people, everyone seems to want to use voice and no one wants to acquiesce and use text unless they do so regularly, like myself. This is a very big problem because it makes for a lot of confusion, people get cut off, and it can lead to people getting upset because they're being talked over even if the people who are talking are in a different spot but still close enough to be "loud" in the context of Arma hearing range.

As for bad RP, I agree, there has been a lot of sub-par RP and I admit that I haven't been up to my usual standard as of late. I've not done a lot of active role-playing and usually just type out dialogue which I apologize for if anyone found my RP lacking. I think that a lot of the violent mindset of people makes it to where the RP comes as a means of trying to get people into a fight.

Buckly: I understand where the person was coming from, and it's not just something for your character. Characters like yours (Juggs, even Animal) have a point where, especially if there are a lot of people around, they can go over the top and it can be too much for the situation. Playing a character with those kind of qualities requires the ability to rein it back in and from what I've seen you've been able to do so when the need is there, so you might want to be careful and maybe tone it down just a bit.

One of the examples I can give is someone from the Outlaws at Prud earlier today, Alfred Fish, was huffing something from a paper bag which made him cough. Now this is understandable, and he was using voice, but the coughing was very, VERY loud and melodramatic, and it was drowning out people who were trying to speak to one another. This isn't a jab at him personally or saying he has bad RP, but if there is something like that, continue with the text RP after you pull out the back and inhale, and say that it sends your character into a coughing fit.

People need to learn that in groups there needs to be moderation of RP, especially with more exuberant characters. Everyone needs equal opportunity to play and sometimes that can get overshadowed by people who aren't willing or don't realize they need to tone things down, or simply by people trying to be the center of attention.[/color]

Rick    19

WARNING: This is fueled by Percocet. I will be trying to keep this as friendly as possible but I apologize if anyone is offended.

The problem with Prud, as I've said before in less drug-addled states, is that there is definitely a tipping point where there are a lot of people in one place. I believe, from what I've seen during my near year of activity in DayZRP, that the maximum number of people that can be in one place before idiocy starts is around 7. When 8 or more people get together, there always seems to be one person who is acting like an idiot or trying way too hard to be the center of attention.

I really wish there was a way ICly to ask people to stop talking in voice and to actually use text, because for some reason whenever there is a large group of people, everyone seems to want to use voice and no one wants to acquiesce and use text unless they do so regularly, like myself. This is a very big problem because it makes for a lot of confusion, people get cut off, and it can lead to people getting upset because they're being talked over even if the people who are talking are in a different spot but still close enough to be "loud" in the context of Arma hearing range.

As for bad RP, I agree, there has been a lot of sub-par RP and I admit that I haven't been up to my usual standard as of late. I've not done a lot of active role-playing and usually just type out dialogue which I apologize for if anyone found my RP lacking. I think that a lot of the violent mindset of people makes it to where the RP comes as a means of trying to get people into a fight.

Buckly: I understand where the person was coming from, and it's not just something for your character. Characters like yours (Juggs, even Animal) have a point where, especially if there are a lot of people around, they can go over the top and it can be too much for the situation. Playing a character with those kind of qualities requires the ability to rein it back in and from what I've seen you've been able to do so when the need is there, so you might want to be careful and maybe tone it down just a bit.

One of the examples I can give is someone from the Outlaws at Prud earlier today, Alfred Fish, was huffing something from a paper bag which made him cough. Now this is understandable, and he was using voice, but the coughing was very, VERY loud and melodramatic, and it was drowning out people who were trying to speak to one another. This isn't a jab at him personally or saying he has bad RP, but if there is something like that, continue with the text RP after you pull out the back and inhale, and say that it sends your character into a coughing fit.

People need to learn that in groups there needs to be moderation of RP, especially with more exuberant characters. Everyone needs equal opportunity to play and sometimes that can get overshadowed by people who aren't willing or don't realize they need to tone things down, or simply by people trying to be the center of attention.[/color]

+1 Mace

From what I've seen, people just wait for stuff to happen a lot. Unless there is some RP'er to be the center of attention, or some sort of event/conflict going on, people just get bored and do stupid things that don't make much sense. People were even saying they WANT the council to attack so they can get their stuff. I think people just need to have a better filter as to what actually adds to RP, and what is just useless or non-realistic.

Shanoby    36

I usually just stay away from 10+ peoples gatherings... IC, I might not know them maybe they are vicious killers and bandits, so why would I even go there, especially when I am alone?

OOC I know this is potential cluster**** RP and trolls more than likely.

Thats what I learned so far.

So I prefer private camps, like Vincent had south of Prud, was much better.

Thanks Vincent ;)

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Is prud still the same as it was a month back? The farm house, barn and boat house?