Server time: 2017-10-19, 20:08
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grittz

Hello Everyone, I'm feeling pretty %$!# to be honest

Guest Grittz   
Guest Grittz

Hello everyone,

My real account it "gritteh" and my in game name is John Murdoch, and a year ago I had a different character called Jack Wilkinson. I have been part of the CCF and now Outlaws, both run by Bubbles.

I love this community.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I've been banned because of accidentally logging in with my old, stolen, and globally banned CD key. To be clear, my original Arma 2 OA CD key was somehow stolen and used for some purpose that got it globally banned. This happened over a year ago, and I didn't complain, I just bought another official CD key from Bohemia interactive store and changed my key to that so I could continue playing my favourite game of all time, DayZ.

Soon after this, I found the best gaming community I have ever known, and the single most fun server I have ever played on. DayzRP. I started with Jack Wilkinson, and played for hours almost every day for months. I loved it so much, and then after a while when my life got busier, I took a break.

Recently, I came back into the community, with Bubbles, my old clan leader, with his new clan, Outlaws. We've been having a lot of fun recently. Until today. I launched arma 2 OA on steam to play a bit of armory with a few of the clan, and of course, I forgot that this changed your CD key back to the original steam one, in fact I forgot I had changed my CD key at all! So, when I later went onto dayzrp, I was, of course, globally banned. This then caused my player ID to be recognised, and so I was banned from the forums. I changed the CD key back to my newer one, and I enjoyed the server for a little while longer, until the restart. "You are not whitelisted on the server."

My heart sank. I am now banned from my favourite community of all time, because I stupidly opened arma 2, forgetting it would switch my key back to one that was banned by some hacker, and I can't do anything about it.

This has greatly affected me, and I just wanted to share my story. I hope this community stays strong.

TrilbyAsh    6

Y'know, if you've got some proof that your original account had indeed been stolen and whatnot, you can quite easily get an unban. ^^

Toorrik    4

Yup, what Trilby says is true. If indeed your other key WAS stolen by a hacker, you can contact Bohemia and get proof. Once we have the proof that it wasn't you that hacked, you can play again.

Simple :P

Guest Grittz   
Guest Grittz

Y'know, if you've got some proof that your original account had indeed been stolen and whatnot, you can quite easily get an unban. ^^

Yup, what Trilby says is true. If indeed your other key WAS stolen by a hacker, you can contact Bohemia and get proof. Once we have the proof that it wasn't you that hacked, you can play again.

Yeah I'm trying to, however I'm not sure how they can prove it was stolen, especially since it was more than a year ago. It's just depressing how, when I'm an active part of the community, have only done good for it and I love it so much, I get banned instantly with no discussion. Do you not want to keep genuine players like me in the community?

But how do you play arma when you play dayzrp?

DayzRP launcher. You don't have to play arma through steam

TrilbyAsh    6

Yeah I'm trying to, however I'm not sure how they can prove it was stolen, especially since it was more than a year ago. It's just depressing how, when I'm an active part of the community, have only done good for it and I love it so much, I get banned instantly with no discussion. Do you not want to keep genuine players like me in the community?

But how do you play arma when you play dayzrp?

DayzRP launcher. You don't have to play arma through steam

It's certainly an awkward thing, granted. But the thing is, if there's any possibility at all that someone might be hacking...Well. We have to come down hard. Sure, maybe 90% of the people that get accidentally global'd in these situations might be innocent, but what if we accidentally let an actual hacker through? Then it just degrades the server, and can create negative experiences. It's a bit of a pain, we know, but Innocence always comes through, chap. Just see what Bohemia have to say about this malarky, I'm sure they have ways and means of finding out if your account got stolen. :3

Contact BI, they're usually nice about these kinda things. Use the email as proof in a ban appeal, an you'll get unbanned.

Unfortunately, it's just something you've got to be careful about. A friend of mine is in a similar situation, had to change his key because he lost his old one.

Good luck on getting unbanned, man.

Truly sad that this happend :( I hope all this gets fixed so you can get back into the game, Gritteh. I mean, have you guys heard his voice? Its so epic, that he once robbed someone whilst he was unarmed!

Guest Grittz   
Guest Grittz

Truly sad that this happend :( I hope all this gets fixed so you can get back into the game, Gritteh. I mean, have you guys heard his voice? Its so epic, that he once robbed someone whilst he was unarmed!

HAhaha, thanks bro ;) wish they'd reply to the ban appeal quicker -.-