Server time: 2017-10-23, 00:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

This just in: CTC convoy ambushed by council helicopters!

Tomeran    3

*A radio transmission bursts to life. A man is speaking in what sounds like a radio show broadcast, speaking in a heavy chernarussian accent*

Survivors of South Zagoria!

Tonight glorious and friendly CTC was sending a relief convoy to lake Prud. We did not meet hostility at first and met many friendly people.

6XCY5.jpg

We in the CTC have heard of recent attacks and share concern among many that this council group is not to be trusted. Since we heard of survivor hardship, glorious CTC took initiative to help fellow survivor in South Zagoria in trouble.

6XBZL.jpg

We had full truck of ((basic)) supplies, and truck was emptied! CTC was glad to assist, and hope to have many friendly relations with survivors of South Zagoria. We even repelled a small zombie horde attack.

But then! Treacherous attack!

6XC5O.jpg

Council helicopters showed up and attacked survivors and CTC vehicles. Many brave warriors of CTC were lost in battle, and we lost two pickups, but eventually we managed to defeat and destroy the foul helicopters attacking us.

Rest assured survivor of Chernarus, this is a direct act of war against the CTC. We will not respond lightly to this aggression. We will stand with you in your war against these foul foreign devils.

// Hope people liked the event. What was eventually just a relief convoy got a little boring so we spiced it up a bit. The result? The CTC has now joined forces against the council invasion.

It is fully possible in the near future that we'll stop doing these kind of events on a daily basis, otherwise we'll get the usual "admin ab00se" and they'll start to loose their special flavour. We'll probably tone it down a bit, but keep doing them once in a while.

We had this on Server 2 and announced it as such in order to try and "even the population" a little between the servers, and to have reduced lag for the event.

...oh and I realize this thread could be suitable for the roleplaying forum but I wanted to get some general feedback on the many recent mini-events as well.

Mush    2

It was good, I liked it, I like them.

Do more events, but maybe small events? Like, a group of random people like a flea market, or a group of scientists coming to test on people.

Perhaps leave the huge events (the admin ab00se events) to, once a week? And then do small daily or every two days events, where maybe people aren't told about it etc.

Good job though! :D

I am pretty sure i killed a pilot. Because in the diary it said i got a murder :D

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I love little things like these, shame I couldn't come and join it, looking forward to more events like this.

Mikachu    26

Was so much fun to join in again. Thank you Tomeran!

Only 3 CTC members survived...

Onionjack    0

Too bad my game freezed and I got killed because of that, I just missed the council attack. Maybe next time and thanks to the people who made this possible :)

Shanoby    63

The whole thing was fishy for my character. A survivor told me that Council used gas in Prud and then today I saw 40 ppl at lake S1 and cars moving in and out. Asked: why are peopl gathering and survivor told me they are making a stand against Council... I laughed my ass off. Thinking IC:"these people are like headless chicken with common purpose but no coordination and no land to air missle to take Council helicpoter out, this is going to be sucide". Later when I joined S2 and after radio messege 4 Silence guys and 2 ISOA, we decided to scout it out. If anything looked suspicous we agreed to bolt.

Sure enough we arrived CTC were WAY too nice and it looked wierd.

When we started asking questions we were told to form a line and they kept ignoring questions... So I ran and 30 seconds later I hear massive firefight from distnace...

Glad I ran :)

RoCKiE    0

Yea, well I got to thank you for the radio transmission, because that made the ISOA guys turn around and then we walked slowly from Stary to Prud and talked for a bit, but then at prud it was a bit weird like Klein said, and didn't really made sense for me and yea as soon as the shooting part started, Connor, Robert and me ran away for obvious reasons.

Tomeran    3

The whole thing was fishy for my character. A survivor told me that Council used gas in Prud and then today I saw 40 ppl at lake S1 and cars moving in and out. Asked: why are peopl gathering and survivor told me they are making a stand against Council... I laughed my ass off. Thinking IC:"these people are like headless chicken with common purpose but no coordination and no land to air missle to take Council helicpoter out, this is going to be sucide". Later when I joined S2 and after radio messege 4 Silence guys and 2 ISOA, we decided to scout it out. If anything looked suspicous we agreed to bolt.

When we started asking questions we were told to form a line and they kept ignoring questions... So I ran and 30 seconds later I hear massive firefight from distnace...

The CTC were actually not the culprits. They were there on at least a relativly genuine "relief" mission(their primary objective was to win hearts and minds) when first zombies attacked(which was repulsed) and then council littlebirds(which resulted in heavy casualties CTC casualties).

But I can certainly understand the IC reaction. :D

Especielly with all the council activities lately and the bandit attacks at Prud.

Preplin    0

I honestly can say I enjoy the "admin ab00se" events a lot! They're giving a lot more to do and have to worry about than the occasional bandit raid or loot grab.

Valkerion    0

The CTC were actually not the culprits. They were there on at least a relativly genuine "relief" mission(their primary objective was to win hearts and minds) when first zombies attacked(which was repulsed) and then council littlebirds(which resulted in heavy casualties CTC casualties).

But I can certainly understand the IC reaction. :D

Especielly with all the council activities lately and the bandit attacks at Prud.

The question is did you actually know the council was going to attack OOC wise? or did that come as as shock to you too?

Tomeran    3

'Course I knew. :D

Im the one that thought we'd spice the event up a bit with the LBs. Otherwise it was pretty much CTC handing out biscuits to people.

Im the one that thought we'd spice the event up a bit with the LBs. Otherwise it was pretty much CTC handing out biscuits to people.

In Tomeran's mind.

"Spice things up? Bird is the word!"

Or gas. Gas works too.

Popeye509    1

Maybe that is all it needs. Just my thoughts.

I would like to add I have no doubt it was fun if anyone thinks that I didn't just I dunno. Just thought I would chip in.

This looks like fun! I'm liking this new event-based approach. Please do continue...

It is fully possible in the near future that we'll stop doing these kind of events on a daily basis, otherwise we'll get the usual "admin ab00se" and they'll start to loose their special flavour. We'll probably tone it down a bit, but keep doing them once in a while.

Wanted to comment on this. Why don't you reserve such a decision for when those admin abuse complaints actually arise? As of now the great majority of the community seems to love the events. Why give in to the minority that doesn't? You can never keep everyone happy. If you would, you could never do anything, because people complain about everything. They complain about decisions made in reports too, yet you don't listen to them there, do you?

I strongly believe these events are a great idea, be it small ones daily, bigger ones weekly or huge events monthly. I know I'm not the first one to say this and I have actually disregarded some suggestions made in the past because I believed it to be too much work, but if you are up to the task, good for you. :)

Mikachu    26

This looks like fun! I'm liking this new event-based approach. Please do continue...

Wanted to comment on this. Why don't you reserve such a decision for when those admin abuse complaints actually arise? As of now the great majority of the community seems to love the events. Why give in to the minority that doesn't? You can never keep everyone happy. If you would, you could never do anything, because people complain about everything. They complain about decisions made in reports too, yet you don't listen to them there, do you?

I strongly believe these events are a great idea, be it small ones daily, bigger ones weekly or huge events monthly. I know I'm not the first one to say this and I have actually disregarded some suggestions made in the past because I believed it to be too much work, but if you are up to the task, good for you. :)

I think he meant just to slow it down a bit Gijs, recently we have done a major/mini event almost every day. If you do it too much it loses its uniqueness and what makes it special :)

Trust me I'd badger them if they ever stopped for too long!

Husky    0

I really like these mini events!

The coolest thing about the council is that they're a mutual threat! People actually "have" to work together to defeat the council members :D It's sort of like a horrible adventure with poisonous gas and armed helicopters, but with a cute ending/morale! :D