Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:30

Sign in to follow this  
MONK1E

DayZ SA RP and hello from the channel Islands

MONK1E    0

I have RP'ed on many things in the past and would like to join the community.

I have several questions I need to ask before I get involved.

I am interested in Role Play inside the Stand Alone version of the game as I just want to move on with the game and I no longer play the mod for Arma II OA, I was wondering if there are ways I can join without needing to use the application as the format seems to be based on the mod.

I would like to know how the game name works inside the Stand Alone as the only way I see that we could do this is changing out steam name yet if you are like me you may have some people on your friends list who are not very nice towards people that like to Rp. Yet I visited the server for about a minute and I did not notice anyone who looked like they had a name so I am assuming while you are talking to them you would just say you're name yet I may be wrong.

If you would like me to answer any questions, please ask.

I look forward to Role Playing with you in the future, Greetings from the Channel Islands.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Standalone doesn't have a whitelist so just hop on and play however the Arma 2 version does :) have any questions feel free to PM me :)

Oh an also the standalone because of no whitelisting and no admin tools to ban and things can have anyone playing it so I stress that be prepared to be shot on sight by someone who isn't in the server for RP reasons I you play Arma 2 DayZRP then people have character names and it's all monitored and admin checked so on there you won't just get shot in the face for no reason. (Hopefully ;) )

MONK1E    0

Well I was just wondering as when I go on it says in the MOTD that non-rpers will be removed from the server and I thought that if I was not really part of the community I would not be taken seriously and be removed from the server.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I'm not completely sure as I personally am enjoying the mod version so i don't have too much experience I think admins may be able to kick but it doesn't stop anyone from getting into the server so if you had NOT signed up for te community and still gone on with an RP name you probably wouldn't of even removed :) but your here now so enjoy :)

MONK1E    0

Well like I mentioned I am not really interested in changing my steam name yet I may be able to compromise. I think I will wait until an Admin, Mod or some one with proper answers will be able to talk to me as I would rather know what is going on properly.

But thanks for the help and information man.

Teas    1

Well like I mentioned I am not really interested in changing my steam name yet I may be able to compromise. I think I will wait until an Admin, Mod or some one with proper answers will be able to talk to me as I would rather know what is going on properly.

But thanks for the help and information man.

You can now change your name in-game without touching your Steam nickname. In the DayZ SA menu screen, click your name below your character and change it to whatever you like.

Also, welcome to DayZRP!! I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

MONK1E    0

Thank you for the information, once I come up with a name I will come on for a while and hopefully meet some people.

Teas    1

You're welcome man. You'll also notice when on the SA server that many (not all) RP'rs from this community ID themseves with "[RP]" in their names. Makes it easier to judge KOS potential.

MONK1E    0

I understand that, I will probably not include a tag at the start of my name, Also if someone commits an act against the rules and randomly commits hostile acts against me, Do I have the rights to kill them as I understand that this could be very hostile as it is a public server.

Been playing on the server, Seems great its a shame there are not many people online and everywhere seems to be stripped of supplies but I guess it makes it more realistic.

Samaritan    251

There are some 'safe ish' areas that we go to, to try and roleplay BUT at the moment the Admins cannot remove none RP'ers from the server (not given the tools to do so yet) so its puts us all in a difficult situation. Generally I stay 'in character' but you have to be on guard all the time. Its difficult to call to be honest but you will not be punished (yet) for shooting first.

There are not many people on-line at the moment due to no whitelist and the fact of you never know who is there to RP and who is there to shoot everything that moves. Most people of this community use the Arma 2 DayZRP mod at the moment so why don't you send in an application.

Anyway my advice is, try and stay in character and find the areas the RP'ers tend to go but don't let your guard down.

Best of luck.