Server time: 2017-08-22, 15:05

Sign in to follow this  
Forsvaret

2 questions

Question

Forsvaret    0

So yea I have two questions. the first one being how the backpacks work. I've found a couple around the servers but I've never been able to place anything in them. How exactly does it work?

And the second is regarding the melee weapons. I've always preferred to use them over the loud guns, but ehm.. I think their aim is a little bit off. I've had a zombie beat the crap out of me about 10 times in the past 24 hours and my average life-span on the server is about.. 10-20 minutes. It seems like I'm more likely to hit a zombie with the hatchet or crowbar if I aim next to it.

9 answers to this question

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Are we talking about standalone or mod here?

Pyrah    1

You joined in May?

Are you new to DayZ itself?

Best way to use a backpack is by opening it, press G and double click your backpack you've got, this will then open another inventory which will tell you what's in it. Also at the top you'll see how many "slots" a backpack has as each item you place in it takes up a certain amount of slots eg guns take 10 slots.

Secondly Arma physics make melee weapon a pain to use at times, however I've seen players who are amazing with a hatchet.

Why not try find a silenced gun? Usually plenty of Bizon SDs around or hide in a pine tree when zombies are argoed on you.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Okay, to put stuff in your backpack, follow this easy plan:

To pick up a new backpack, first drop your current backpack, then put your cursor over the new pack and use the mouse scroll wheel to highlight and select "Take ____ Backpack". Be cautious when dropping your backpack, as you may not be able to open or pick it up again. When finding a new (larger) backpack, the safest way to transfer your items is to use the scroll wheel and select "Open ____ Backpack", transfer your items directly from your current backpack to the one on the ground. Next select "Take ____ Backpack", which will set down your old backpack and retrieve the new pack with your items already stored within, eliminating the risk of lost items.

And about the whole melee weapon thing, just aim it at their head, and just swing, as fast as you can, at the zombies' head and it should kill them.

Forsvaret    0

Yea I joined in may but seeing as my little sister was diagnosed with leuchemia(spelling?) I ended up leaving after 2 weeks. I've then be back and forth every now and then, but never been able to really get familiar with everything.

And the backpack thing didn't seem to work because that's what I've been trying to do without luck.. If it's from my main inventory, do I need to drop it first?

Pyrah    1

Sorry to hear about your sister!

Erm no you need to keep your backpack on, once you've picked it up from the ground it should be on your back and you press G as explained before. You may be unique with an odd glitch? Or as there's nothing in your backpack you might not realise your actually in it.

You could YouTube a video for an explanation. I would link you but I'm on my phone.

Here's a good video on how the inventory system works in ARMA II for you.

[video=youtube]

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask us all!

Mush    2

Whilst on a gear screen, you can double click the backpack, and it'll open it. You can then place things (using the arrows on the side of the items) in the backpack.

Krimbo    0

Well you've had a lot of good responses from the community already :)

ArmA can be quite tricky at first, but you'll pick it up soon enough. The same goes for aiming with melee weapons, you have no crosshair so it just takes practice to hit on target with them. I mean, I still miss a lot with them - they aren't the least buggiest things in the game lets put it that way!

Marking this thread as 'Solved'

If you have any other Questions while you're trying to learn the controls etc, feel free to send me a Personal Message on the forums and I'll help you out :)

/thread