Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Assassin's Creed IV - Crash on Startup

Question

So I have this wierd problem where I can't play Assassin's creed on my PC. I have tried to verify my game cache, and it says it's verifying one file, but I still get the problem.

There are numerous people with the same problem, and some it's Ubisofts poor coding or the updates they are putting in it, just hoping maybe one of ya'll know how to fix such a thing since I've put more then 30 hours in to one save file.

Thanks in advance!

26 answers to this question

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Do you get an error of any sort? E.g. uPlay not responding?

Do you get an error of any sort? E.g. uPlay not responding?

As soon as it starts, I only get the message 'Assassin's creed 4 is not responding' then Uplay starts normally after I closed it.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Do you have AC4 downloaded to the same drive as uPlay?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

1. Go into the Steam folder /steamapps/common/assassinscreed3 and find the two exe files. Right click properties and then check the run as admin.

2. In your graphics settings, turn FXAA off. This usually solves it for nVidia users.

3. For Windows 7 users: type %temp% into the search bar in the start-up menu and delete the temp folder.

If that doesn't work, try this.

How do I dl the game to a new drive?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Here:

Here's an example of how to move the Steam installation between two hard drives:
Log out and exit Steam
Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)
Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
Launch Steam
Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play
All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

Warning:

It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

The driver thing didn't work, and I can't seem to find these two .exe files

Rampage    0

How do you launch the game?

Here is why I ask. When I got ACIV on steam it kept crashing when I launched from the icon on my desktop.

When I launched AC4 from my Gforce experience shortcut it works fine. If you do not have a Gforce graphics card then never mind.

TomG    0

Rampage makes a good point. Do you launch through the shortcut icon, do you launch through Steam or do you through any other means?

I launch through steam, how would I go about launching it through the Gforce card? since I have one and all.

Rampage    0

I launch through steam, how would I go about launching it through the Gforce card? since I have one and all.

What kind of graphics card do you have. All you have to do is download the GeForce experience on your computer. I think if you have the 600 series on up then once you have GeForce installed you do a search. It will find all the games on your PC that is compatible. You can optimize each game that is and it also gives you a option to launch the game. This is the only way I can get AC4 to launch properly. I will hop on TS for a few minutes. you can find me in the watchers channel. Give me a minute to go into my office room and boot up my PC.

Can you optimize AC:4? Because apparently I can't on Gforce, and when I can't exactly launch it through Gforce because it just sends me right to Steam login even when I close it. I do have the 600 series, a gt640.

TomG    0

Can you optimize AC:4? Because apparently I can't on Gforce, and when I can't exactly launch it through Gforce because it just sends me right to Steam login even when I close it.

You only need to close steam the first time.

Once it has detected all games compatible then you can use Steam again. Sign in and try it.

Also, what is your graphics card?

Sadly, re installing and deleting the save file, did not work. Honestly, I'm curious to see if I pirate it, will it work? Don't get me wrong I'm completely against pirating, but the only thing other thing people say it is, is the new updates added in to the game.

TomG    0

Sadly, re installing and deleting the save file, did not work. Honestly, I'm curious to see if I pirate it, will it work? Don't get me wrong I'm completely against pirating, but the only thing other thing people say it is, is the new updates added in to the game.

Don't pirate it! Worth a shot

You may mark it as solved for now, I'll get back to ya'll soon.

Don't pirate it!

You can hardly have anything against pirating if he has already bought the game. :P

(Yes, I know I removed the small print.)

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Marking as solved.

Bush    23

Marking as solved.

gunna close it or what? :P

I would recommend leaving it open, since the issue ain't actually solved. Or is it?

Marking as solved.

gunna close it or what? :P

I would recommend leaving it open, since the issue ain't actually solved. Or is it?

It isn't, I just don't wanna leave it not solved and CH's and other people send in suggestions on how to get this fixed, I'll comment saying it isn't solved and a CH or somethin will just do its magic.