Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:02
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
DirectorPr

What are your starting tactics?

DirectorPr    0

As the title states what are some of your starting tactics as soon as you hit the blood stained dirt mounds of Chernarus?

I like to look Elektro or Cherno quickly and quietly while pushing up northward. Mainly I loot the firehouses for quick weapons food can be fount later.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I normally stick around Electro, Chernarus and Balota, but if the server is low population I will run to Guglovo, then Stary and then circle around south back to Kotei Shima.

Othuyeg    20

I find medical supplies and start helping others. My next objective is to find a silent weapon.

Metaphor    0

1. Get a hatchet

2. Get a sidearm and hit cherno for toolbelt items, basic medical items and pick up first decent primary weapon (Winchester is perfect)

3. Get a crossbow (usually through "grinding" Cherno)

4. Get a decent pvp weapon to keep in backpack at Cherno firestation, Balota or NWAF

Backpack usually fix itself through this list, same with PVP primary.

ThirtySev3n    0

Generally I loot Cherno or Elektro as silently as possible and then head to the North West area of the map and stick around there. I just like that area best. After I have the basics I look for a silent secondary and a decent primary.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Head North, stay North. Trips between NW-Stary-NE are always fun

Owen    14

I find medical supplies and start helping others. My next objective is to find a silent weapon.

Sums up what I do pretty well.

Lil_Beefy    0

I spawn and try to stock up on heaps of food, drink and medical.

Once I've done that I just start looting around for a map, compass, hatchet, matches, hunting knife and toolbox. Once I've got those things out of the way, I head to the closest barn or fire station in search of a primary and secondary.

If I'm lucky I'd find a bike and head straight for a player settlement, if I'm playing normal DayZ, I'd head to NWAF.

Tomeran    3

start up, run to barn/industrial, get hatchet -> profit

Hatchet is the doorway to everything else.

I usually only equip myself with proper firearms if there's an event coming up or if im going on a zombie-hunt.

Major Tom    88

I spawn, then get picked up by my clan mates and drive away to adventure and gear!

Mace    10

Look for an axe, find axe, be happy because I've got my favorite weapon.

Slute    1

I usually loot the nearest city, let it be Berezino, Elektro or Cherno. I equip myself with all the necessary items, then head off north. I go to Prud and NWAF if I spawned at Elektro or Cherno. I usually go to NEAF if I am in Berezino.

Valkerion    0

Loot nearest city attempt to find "the essentials" (matches , knife , hatchet ,water bottle) and equip myself with whatever weapons i can find and go from there.

Yuval    2

raiding camps (not settlements) gives you allot of stuff. I tend to keep starting gear at my camp in case i die (backpack, stuff like that)

CannedPakes    0

Run directly to NEAF, then go down to Desal. Usually if I don't get robbed there I find someone to go loot nearby cities with.:P

GingerHippo    4

Run directly to NEAF, then go down to Desal. Usually if I don't get robbed there I find someone to go loot nearby cities with.:P

Psst, Desal isn't even there anymore ;)

Siorre    0

If I am by myself and spawn in kamenka, I go to zelenogorsk, if any other spawn, I try and look through homes and super markets and fire stations, then make my way up north to find an AKM or something.

Tetris    0

I usually try to find some basic loot (ex. A Hatchet, etc.) and then go to a settlement to RP it's pretty easy to find some decent gear if you're there long enough and you don't need much gear to role play so, it makes this tactic pretty good.

P.S You get to loot off of dead bodies after firefights c:

alexnedea    0

Yeah just generally hang around Prud area. there is stary and nwaf wbere you can go and loot every 3 hours or so and in the meantime a firefight is bound to happen amd you will find good gear on bodies

nickvevo    0

I just run in a direction in hope of finding a village.Get a axe from a barn or even a weapon.Then i go search for a map,compass,water bottle,watch would be usefull.Then go to a city to loot the shit out of it!

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Head to Prud wait for a huge firefight to break out and then loot the scraps ;)

KpopKilla    74

If I get a Kamenka spawn I usually run straight north, looting Zelenogorsk for basics, Pustoshka for industrial if I know where a car is, then finish it off with a NWAF run. I have different NWAF I do depending on a server's population.

If I get Balota, or any farther east I'll usually run the coast and end up at NEAF. Then I run from NEAF to devil's to looks for vehicles around there and finish up at NWAF.

PandoraX3M    0

i would say RUN TO THE HILLS and find a barn and get a hatchet. Please giff me a hatchet hahah :D i hate zombies. xD

Giff me a hatchet and ill be a happy camper :D

Samaritan    344

Depends on the spawn; Coast spawn I do the coast run and eventually head North to Berezino. All other spawns I generally gear up and head North.

Depends on availability but; drink, food, weapon, tool kit items & meds in that order.