Server time: 2017-08-17, 06:05

Sign in to follow this  
Whitefur

Connecting failed 2500 ping

Question

Whitefur    4

I am attempting to play some ArmA II co-op with friends but I keep on getting kicked for "Connecting Failed" and the server is at 2500 ping...

13 answers to this question

Aj1080pGamer    0

Are you joining someones server or are they joining yours, who's hosting? or is it just a random Arma 2 server?

Whitefur    4

Are you joining someones server or are they joining yours, who's hosting? or is it just a random Arma 2 server?

I;m joining someone in my clan's server. Just wondering Me and my brother are attempting to connect to the same server, therefore if one of us connects the other gets this. If I host the server then we can both connect fine along with everyone else. Kind of makes me wonder if this has something to do with IP conflicts... \

And yes we both have got into the same server before.

Aj1080pGamer    0

I;m joining someone in my clan's server. Just wondering Me and my brother are attempting to connect to the same server, therefore if one of us connects the other gets this. If I host the server then we can both connect fine along with everyone else. Kind of makes me wonder if this has something to do with IP conflicts... \

And yes we both have got into the same server before.

No there would be no IP conflict as your computer and your brothers would have a seperate IP but It can be your ISP your Internet Service provider what kind of Download and Upload speeds do you get, becuase I know if you are joining someone that you will be using more download of your overall connection that upload because you have to download realtime stuff that is going on but if your hosting then yea your brother will get a great connection because he is on the same ISP and there not much transfer needed, But your friends might have the crap connections and horrible lag. So overall what I am trying to get at is that your ISP will be your main issue in a situation like this. If you have poor Download and upload well thats gonna cause issues. Also if your trying to connect to people on the other side of the world well thats will also cause issues will two computers trying to connect to someone that is in the UK for instence.

Anyways let me know your download and Upload speeds are, and I hope I am helping in some way....

Aj1080pGamer    0

http://www.speedtest.net/

Try this then report the results back.

Thanks couldn't get the site from my phone to here haha.

Whitefur    4

DL: 5.17 mbps

UP: 1.05 mbps

Ya I live in the middle of nowhere, so that really doesn't surprise me...

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Has your ping reduced since you made this thread?

Or is this still a problem?

Whitefur    4

Ya, but you can close this. I found a workaround (I host the server, then everyone can connect)

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Marking this as solved now.