Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:46

Sign in to follow this  
Aj1080pGamer

{Solved} Upgrading GPU

Aj1080pGamer    0

Hey Community so I am having a bit of an issue trying to decide between 2 GPU's and I don't know if I should got with 2 GTX 760 MSI 4gb cards or 1 GTX 780.... I know 2 760 will out bet a 780 in performance and frames but I also do a lot of video editing and am stumped about what to get...

Power Consumption is not an issue and I am looking to get the best performance and also be good for video editing.

Would The Gtx 760 be a good choice for SLI or should I save for the 780.

Thanks for the help in advance

Aj

Steve    0

If you have the money for the 760 SLI, I'd go for that, but if you get the money for the 780 soon, id take that, because you can than save for the 2nd 780 :D

Edit: IF 760 SLI or 780 you wont really feel a diffrence in performance

both fast as fuck :P

Jamesy    0

Have you considered getting 2 GTX 770's? They run like a dream! If they're not in your price range then I think I would probably go with a GTX 780?

Id say the single gtx780 would be the best thing for you then.

SLI is good an all but power consumption wise it will be much higher and the actual enhancement would not be much greater than a single 780.

Also unless you motherboard has 2 PCI-E 16x slots I wouldnt even bother with SLI

Aj1080pGamer    0

Thanks guys and I will save for a 780 thanks for the help...

Anyone else feel free to PM for PC building support :P

Also AJ a single gtx770 will probably do you good as well

kakan    0

SLI is good an all but power consumption wise it will be much higher and the actual enhancement would not be much greater than a single 780.

Also unless you motherboard has 2 PCI-E 16x slots I wouldnt even bother with SLI

Nvidia Gtx 770 SLI has 35~% better performance than Nvidia Gtx 780 in 2560x1440.

And you dont need 2 PCI-E 16 slots to run the cards, You will gain such a small amount of performance of 2 PCI-E 16 vs Dual x8.

So if you have the money, go for the 770's :)

Hofer    20

Nvidia Gtx 770 SLI has 35~% better performance than Nvidia Gtx 780 in 2560x1440.

And you dont need 2 PCI-E 16 slots to run the cards, You will gain such a small amount of performance of 2 PCI-E 16 vs Dual x8.

Your motherboard has to support SLi aswell :)

kakan    0

Well tbh 90% of the motherboards support it today, and if he is ready to spend 680£ on GPUs he surely will have the support if not he is very lost in the computer world

I wish I had enough money to buy a new GPU..

Aj1080pGamer    0

Well I'm smart when it comes to computers so don't have to worry there was wanted opinion on these cards so that I choice the best one. Also my computer right now is worth 3700 dollars and is amazing but my gpu is a gtx 580 classified an it's old and starting to die.

Mb is a asrock fatality champion

32 gbs of corsair dominator ram

i7 3930k processor watercooled

3 OCz ssd and 3 sea hate 2 tb hdd

Nzxt case switch 810

Corsair 850 watt psu

5 noctua fans and 2 swiftech that came with watercooled

Yea so I know my computer can handle the sli I just need to know should 2 760 sli or 780 and sli it later down the road.

Thanks for the support guys haha

Hofer    20

Well tbh 90% of the motherboards support it today, and if he is ready to spend 680£ on GPUs he surely will have the support if not he is very lost in the computer world

Of course. But a friend of mine actually managed to derp and bought one that only supported CrossfireX :P

Frozen    45

Hey Community so I am having a bit of an issue trying to decide between 2 GPU's and I don't know if I should got with 2 GTX 760 MSI 4gb cards or 1 GTX 780.... I know 2 760 will out bet a 780 in performance and frames but I also do a lot of video editing and am stumped about what to get...

Power Consumption is not an issue and I am looking to get the best performance and also be good for video editing.

Would The Gtx 760 be a good choice for SLI or should I save for the 780.

Thanks for the help in advance

Aj

SLI will always beat your GTX780.. It depends on your budget and your preferences and you're CPU..

If you ain't on a Budget go on GTX780ti in SLI :P

Tosme    0

SLI will always beat your GTX780.. It depends on your budget and your preferences and you're CPU..

I got one of those, just installed a waterblock on it too. Running 3DMark on extreme with barely over 50 degrees.

Screw the budget, get a GTX 780TI! You wont have to worry about SLI for atleast the next 10 years.

kakan    0

I got one of those, just installed a waterblock on it too. Running 3DMark on extreme with barely over 50 degrees.

Screw the budget, get a GTX 780TI! You wont have to worry about SLI for atleast the next 10 years.

Tbh if you are thinking of buying the 780ti you should wait until the Titan black get released. Same CUDA cores and bandwidth. But you will have 6gb vram and the circuits will be hand picked, and it will also have a higher clock frequency and will possibly beat the shit out of the 780ti in overclocking possibilities.

Tosme    0

Tbh if you are thinking of buying the 780ti you should wait until the Titan black get released. Same CUDA cores and bandwidth. But you will have 6gb vram and the circuits will be hand picked, and it will also have a higher clock frequency and will possibly beat the shit out of the 780ti in overclocking possibilities.

Then again you have something even more "overkill"-ish.

Basically, just with the 760-780 you'll have plenty for running games with decent FPS, I just went nuts with the 780TI because...I could :D

Then again you have something even more "overkill"-ish.

Basically, just with the 760-780 you'll have plenty for running games with decent FPS, I just went nuts with the 780TI because...I could :D

Check out this guy hes got money apparently :troll:

Tosme    0

Check out this guy hes got money apparently :troll:

Correction: had*

Frozen    45

Not gonna waste on a card that expensive when I can get 2 GTX780ti for somewhat the same price which will run better then the Titan black !

Tosme    0

Not gonna waste on a card that expensive when I can get 2 GTX780ti for somewhat the same price which will run better then the Titan black !

Or just wait for the GTX 790.

Anyone else feel free to PM for PC building support :P

Also AJ a single gtx770 will probably do you good as well

This explains the random gut the other day