Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:58

Sign in to follow this  
brk

Meet Buckley!

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Hahahaha, I'm so glad that someone recorded that, it was hilarious.

His roleplay is brilliant. :P

Owen    13

Such great RP. Some of the best I've seen in some time.

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

Encountered Buckley a few times. Cringed every time.

This.

Hes pretty funny though

Encountered Buckley a few times. Cringed every time.

Hes pretty funny though

Honestly, I don't find it particularly funny whilst in-game.

I roll my eyes and leave to go elsewhere.

Matt    21

Buckly is a cool character and a nice guy ooc.

I think comedy characters can be brilliant if they balance seriousness and comedic value as well.

Muntz    3

Pretty much the RP equivalent of fart jokes. Funny for the first one but gets old quick. Very shallow and one dimensional 'roleplay'. The few times I have experienced it, I moved away. I hate to be harsh, but it just ruins all sense of an apocalyptic scenario. Immersion anyone?

This is just my opinion, others may disagree.

I think comedy characters can be brilliant if they balance seriousness and comedic value as well.

To be perfectly honest, I am yet to see any seriousness.

Matt    21

Pretty much the RP equivalent of fart jokes. Funny for the first one but gets old quick. Very shallow and one dimensional 'roleplay'. The few times I have experienced it, I moved away. I hate to be harsh, but it just ruins all sense of an apocalyptic scenario. Immersion anyone?

This is just my opinion, others may disagree.

To be perfectly honest, I am yet to see any seriousness.

I agree with you on that if buckly tried being more serious it would go well i try and add some comedy to my character and it seems to work but some people do need to remember this is a zombie apocalypse so you should act like you are in one.

Major Tom    78

Seen him a few times near Prud. Never stopped to listen, but what little I heard was kinda funny. Wouldn't particularly like long exposure to this kind of RP, though, personally.

Oh dear, I shot this guy in the face.......

Voodoo    357

Seen him a few times near Prud. Never stopped to listen, but what little I heard was kinda funny. Wouldn't particularly like long exposure to this kind of RP, though, personally.

I agree with this. Seen him a few times even listened to him and told him to get out from under our betty van but wouldn't want to be too exposed to this RP

I'll agree, I put no seriousness at all in my role-play unless your a close friend of mine. That is why my character is a bit "Unstable" I'v been thinking about perma-Deathing Buckly Bang For a while now and most likely will due to more open role-play scenarios. If I had a chance I would put buckly's back-story out and his life would make a lot more scence but, I never seam to have time. It seams very hard for me to role-play at times. Being the former Leader of Sector 7 this character was my escape from the whole "Clan Vs Clan" Diplomacy problems. Perma-Deathing my character is a hard choice but. I want to know if it will improve DayzRP role-play or just make it stay the same.

Thanks,

Your Pal

~Buckly Bang~

Red    138

Nah man. Buckly is a breath of fresh air to all of the other characters. My character needs some people to look out after. People like you and Sunny D make RP a whole lot more interesting. It would be a sad day if you'd end up killing him off.

Nihoolious    1106

Buckley Bang is a truly unique character. Though he may not be as funny to some as others, its a nice change of pace to the very akward survivor or the super badass bandit asshole. I remember Buckley from when Desal was still up and I saw no complaints about him then. Buckley is loved by all types of people and Chernarus would not be the same without him.

Whenever there are a lot of people at Prud, the RP deteriorates and the chaos ensues and while Buckley is very entertaining, perhaps his presence at that time would not help the situation. I say you develop his backstory more but to an extent since the person is mentally unstable so not everything will make sense. Killing him off however would be a bad choice, but thats my opinion and his fate is up to you.

Muntz    3

#hatersgonnahate

Rather than simply dismissing people as 'haters', maybe consider their comments as valid criticism and try to alter your character. You don't have to change him completely, just alter his behaviour in a way which fits the situation.

I am personally not a fan of Buckley whatsoever. I actually consider him a borderline troll character. He completely removes all sense of dramatic setting and ruins all immersion. People mention his 'uniqueness'. I hate to say, but there have been plenty of short lived, crazy, stereotyped redneck 'comedy characters' in the past.

This may sound harsh and is only my personal opinion but I know that it is an opinion that is shared by many. Despite this, it wouldn't be hard to change him to fit the setting in a way that doesn't detract from his personality.

Maybe read some comments, view it as constructive criticism and try to develop your character in a way that doesn't have a negative effect on other's experience.

Yeah I can agree with the others. All though it can be funny at times, and it's a pretty original approach to this type of character, it needs to be toned down.

#hatersgonnahate

Rather than simply dismissing people as 'haters', maybe consider their comments as valid criticism and try to alter your character. You don't have to change him completely, just alter his behaviour in a way which fits the situation.

I am personally not a fan of Buckley whatsoever. I actually consider him a borderline troll character. He completely removes all sense of dramatic setting and ruins all immersion. People mention his 'uniqueness'. I hate to say, but there have been plenty of short lived, crazy, stereotyped redneck 'comedy characters' in the past.

This may sound harsh and is only my personal opinion but I know that it is an opinion that is shared by many. Despite this, it wouldn't be hard to change him to fit the setting in a way that doesn't detract from his personality.

Maybe read some comments, view it as constructive criticism and try to develop your character in a way that doesn't have a negative effect on other's experience.

I'v got to admit you comment on everything of my post don't you? Kind of Ironic

Muntz    3

#hatersgonnahate

I'v got to admit you comment on everything of my post don't you? Kind of Ironic

Meh, I don't really get the irony. I've posted in two threads involving you. I think you'll find I post on a lot of things. Especially in the group section. Have a look at my post history ;) I also posted in this thread before you did, so I had no idea what your forum name was. So I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.