Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:27

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadow

Dat weather

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

So last night I jumped on SA to see whats new. And oh dear lord I was shocked, its actually not that bad now! Truthfully I never really thought it was "bad" anyway the major thing they have done now is actually make the environment look like an actual apocalypse!

How?

Simple. Its basically crappy weather 24/7. Constantly raining/overcast. This leaves the environment looking dark but still pretty gorgeous.

I think we should do this with DayZRP. At least make storms more common. I put a lot of hours into S1 and now S2 and rarely is it raining, or if it is, it doesn't last for all that long. I suggest we turn up the crappy weather and see how it changes the environment for ARMA.

BTW I realise there may be the issue of performance drops but I have a very low-end PC and I receive none at all (On SA and DayZRP).

Thoughts?

Mush    2

In a real apocalypse, the weather (logically) wouldn't just change, I like the burning sunshine, it gives me hope and something to talk about.

More storms however, yes, but constant bad weather, no.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

This.

enar21    1

In a real apocalypse, the weather (logically) wouldn't just change, I like the burning sunshine, it gives me hope and something to talk about.

There has been talk about taking in storms and I really like that idea.

+1

Teas    1

I have to say I was impressed with the sunny showers I walked through yesterday after not playing for a week or so. So much so I had to take a few pictures with my Polaroid which I will stick up in a little while.

1621696_10152240332085070_812132913_n.jpg

1798672_10152240332110070_1421732997_n.jpg

Not sure if I'd want it permanently but it certainly was pretty.

I have to say I was impressed with the sunny showers I walked through yesterday after not playing for a week or so. So much so I had to take a few pictures with my Polaroid which I will stick up in a little while.

1621696_10152240332085070_812132913_n.jpg

1798672_10152240332110070_1421732997_n.jpg

Not sure if I'd want it permanently but it certainly was pretty.

Beautiful shots, makes me want to play some standalone.

Owen    13

+1

I know someone sometime ago mentioned this. I'd love to have snow rather than constant rain.

FireMatt    1

Definitely +1 for more rainy / stormy weather. I love it when it's raining and stormy. IG and IRL too :D

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I think it pisses it down a little too much, but I think in the end Rocket wants it to change with the seasons too :D

It's not too different to England at the moment however.

Sin    113

Last week my machine lagged hard when it rained. They may have fixed the issue though.

But I think the weather is fine. The zombie apocalypse would not affect the weather, except to make it sunnier, since there wouldn't be as many airplanes in the sky. Srsly, I have scientific studies to back this one up :D

And I really like the contrast between the beauty of the countryside and the decay of the cities and the dead.

Last week my machine lagged hard when it rained. They may have fixed the issue though.

But I think the weather is fine. The zombie apocalypse would not affect the weather, except to make it sunnier, since there wouldn't be as many airplanes in the sky. Srsly, I have scientific studies to back this one up :D

And I really like the contrast between the beauty of the countryside and the decay of the cities and the dead.

Think it was that memory leak they were talking about Sin.

Tomeran    3

The zombie apocalypse would not affect the weather

*coughs* radioactive clouds from those nuclear detonations in Pakistan. *coughs*

...not to mention all those nuclear powerplants. Then again im not sure what would happen to them once abandonded.

I wanna see more weather too, but I want to see different kinds of weather. More hard winds(the stormy weather in dayZ atm seems just limited to less rain or more rain), more fog, hailstorms, snowstorms etc etc. I know its ridicilously hard/impossible to do, but by god would this be awesome.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I realise logically the weather probably wouldn't change I would just prefer the environment to make me feel like im in a apocalypse rather then picking flowers in the field :P

Guest neom   
Guest neom

The only way the weather would be effected would be by a nuclear winter and I don't think they want to add that sort of thing to the mod, The weather would stay the same, but I do say weather being changed to over cast and raining a lot more gives more atmosphere

Apfelsator    2

Agreed, i love the atmosphere storms are building up in arma.

Alyd    4

Rain makes you freeze much quicker and adds both more difficulty and a value to heatpacks!

Ego    1

Now all Rocket needs to do is add...you know, about 1000 more zombies!

ThirtySev3n    0

I'd like to see more storms as well if it is easy to figure out, but not constant either. It's just nice to have variety.